Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:01 pm

This is probably more pertinent to the ‘R’ class threads than this thread, but…

Originally Posted by anabolism
I don't think QR is flying any 77Ws without Qsuite, so all your flights will be all-aisle-access in business class.
They have four 77W seat maps, 2 with, 2 without:
Variant1 (QS), Variant2 (no QS), Variant3 (no QS), Variant4 (QS)

Originally Posted by senior70
I am only worried about one segment. My mom is 75 and she would have to crawl over someone to go to the bathroom. … From Doha to IST, it is a 777-300ER, which is the one I may pay for.
B, E, F & J are always aisle-access, regardless of variant; only A & K are not on a non Q-Suite aircraft, but I’m sure you’ll find at least 1 person willing to switch from any aisle seat (middle rows) to a window… or if you’re already sat together, you at the window & her at the aisle.

(BTW, very odd, but the original R fare thread seems to have disappeared… yet posts from it still show up in search.)

Last edited by crackjack; Sep 8, 2021 at 4:04 am
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Had I not experienced the really good Q suite seat and service, but depended on their IT and twitter I'd NOT use QR at all
This thread has so much more use than their entire IT (eg how you can select seats on other airlines but when you can't on their own website) and support - I asked a specific question about lounge access before the announcement concerning R fare and OW status (after the announcement her about the reopening of the business class lounge). They replied with a link to the DOH airport lounge info! Nothing at all about the specific question I asked and specific to QR. AND the link they provided said the business lounge was still closed
Maybe they should just link to this thread when questions are asked of their twitter "team"
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:59 am

Next March, but I am going to buy the tickets this month, or next. Prices start going up at 4-5 months before. I have been studying them for 2 years. Haha
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Lounge access with U fare

Found some questions about lounge access with U fare (partner redemption) these days but no replies. Could anyone confirm that we do still indeed have access to AM as OWE's on a U fare? (in my case BA avios redemption).
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Yes you do.
NWplatinum and AnttiV like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Found some questions about lounge access with U fare (partner redemption) these days but no replies. Could anyone confirm that we do still indeed have access to AM as OWE's on a U fare? (in my case BA avios redemption).
Partner award redemptions in QR J class always included free premium lounge access.
NWplatinum, AnttiV and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I was in AM yesterday early morning... at busy breakfast time. Staff there were attempting to scan as many people as possible without being too intrusive. They seem quite well trained at it. I noticed this at the exit (inside and not on the food side) of the restaurant downstairs at far end. They seemed especially to be going for those from the sub continent. So easy for the staff to point someone to the exit of AM.
From what I could see, they are not directed by cameras, although maybe they are.
A bit bewildering if you realize what's going on!
Mighr just save it for my 6 hour layover instead of my nine
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by anabolism
In my experience, QR tends to bank their flights, with one bank in the late afternoon/early evening (e.g., 3-6 PM), another around 11 PM - 2 AM), and a third around 6-9 AM. Those tend to be quite busy in the lounge, with long lines to get into the main dining area upstairs or for quiet rooms, showers, etc.
The menu says 11 to 4 (no am/pm). Arriving 5 PM departing 8:30 PM. Does this mean, no a-la-carte dining/showers?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:58 pm

Pretty sure I’ve had dinner at an appropriate time before (though a while ago, and I tend to eat on the plane, their onboard J food is quite good).

It actually states 11:00 -04:00; probably a good assumption that is military time (though 4am is quite late…).

Do update back here if that isn’t accurate.

Showers will be available, first-come-first-serve. I have waited 1.5hrs before, but did get one in eventually. Above post does suggest post 6pm it should be less of a crowd.
FT-hss likes this.

Last edited by crackjack; Sep 8, 2021 at 10:04 pm
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Breakfast is from 5am to 11am. Lunch/dinner from 11am to 4am. One hour in between with no a la carte ordering.

I have never noticed a closing period for the showers, but if you come a certain times they are more busy with a deep clean and that can give waiting times in an otherwise empty lounge.
​​​​​
estnet and FT-hss like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EP
Just got into the lounge with OWE and OWS on an economy class ticket, so looks like they are still honoring that.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Breakfast is from 5am to 11am. Lunch/dinner from 11am to 4am. One hour in between with no a la carte ordering.

I have never noticed a closing period for the showers, but if you come a certain times they are more busy with a deep clean and that can give waiting times in an otherwise empty lounge.
​​​​​
Wheres the one hour in between with no ala carte ordering? from 11-12?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Wheres the one hour in between with no ala carte ordering? from 11-12?
4am to 5am ...
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
I am a bit out of touch, as I haven't been near an airplane for nearly 2 years.

Looking to fly HKG-Europe next month via Doha, and I see R class tickets showing "lounge access included."

Is this for the Al Mourjan Lounge?

I also see seat selection is included.

Are these tickets a higher level of R class ticket than the deep discount ones that don't include lounge access or advance seating assignments?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tomofmaine
I am a bit out of touch, as I haven't been near an airplane for nearly 2 years.

Looking to fly HKG-Europe next month via Doha, and I see R class tickets showing "lounge access included."

Is this for the Al Mourjan Lounge?

I also see seat selection is included.

Are these tickets a higher level of R class ticket than the deep discount ones that don't include lounge access or advance seating assignments?
Lounge access is included on "R" fare tickets ( Al Mourjan for Doha ) but seat selection is not included.
However, as you're an AA EXP according to your profile, you are getting free advanced seat selection based on your status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.