QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold

and here the pdf link
pushka likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
According to the link below, existing "R" fare reservations would get lounge access, though, if you have Al Mourjan access in advance, it wouldn't be refunded.

https://www.qatarairways.com/tradepo...eFamilies.html

Will I get complimentary access if I booked Business Classic (RBD R) prior to 4 September 2021, but am travelling post 1 October 2021.

Yes, we will give customers access to the more generous and updated Business Classic attributes and will provide complimentary lounge access.

If I booked Business Classic (RBD R) prior to 4 September 2021, but am travelling post 1 October 2021 and have already bought a lounge voucher, will I get a refund.

We will unfortunately not be able to refund this amount.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
and here the pdf link
Thank you.

This seems like excellent news, especially for those of us with already-purchased itineraries booked in R. I wonder if the new P fares will be lower than today's R fares, or if P will be sold for today's R prices, with R costing more? When the new restrictions were announced, R fares weren't dropped. If P will be cheaper than R is now, then it makes sense (tempting economy passengers to buy up to P for not as much as R).
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:40 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
My first QR flight is coming up next week. I am flying business class in the Qsuites. What are the busy times in the Al Mourjan lounge so I can plan accordingly?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
QR would officially announce "P" fare class "Business Lite" on 1 October 2021.
Probably by then, we would see all the details.
P(unishment) as booking class for the cheapest and service limited fares? Seems appropriate

​​​​
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:18 pm

How much do they usually charge for seat selection. I can't find the answer.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by senior70
How much do they usually charge for seat selection. I can't find the answer.
Depends on the route.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:04 pm

It would be Houston to Istanbul and then Athens to Houston. I saw something about $30-50. Do they charge for each segment?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would be Houston to Istanbul and then Athens to Houston. I saw something about $30-50. Do they charge for each segment?
Yes, they do charge for each segment.
Also, seat selection becomes free during online check-in and as most QR passengers do not pay to select seats in advance, you might be lucky and get a good seat for free.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:16 pm

I am only worried about one segment. My mom is 75 and she would have to crawl over someone to go to the bathroom. To and from Houston, it will be the suites, so I am happy with whatever seat. From Doha to IST, it is a 777-300ER, which is the one I may pay for. From Athens to Doha it is 787-8. Of course, they may have to make a swap,
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am only worried about one segment. My mom is 75 and she would have to crawl over someone to go to the bathroom. To and from Houston, it will be the suites, so I am happy with whatever seat. From Doha to IST, it is a 777-300ER, which is the one I may pay for. From Athens to Doha it is 787-8. Of course, they may have to make a swap,
When are your flights?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
My first QR flight is coming up next week. I am flying business class in the Qsuites. What are the busy times in the Al Mourjan lounge so I can plan accordingly?
In my experience, QR tends to bank their flights, with one bank in the late afternoon/early evening (e.g., 3-6 PM), another around 11 PM - 2 AM), and a third around 6-9 AM. Those tend to be quite busy in the lounge, with long lines to get into the main dining area upstairs or for quiet rooms, showers, etc.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:44 pm

I don't think QR is flying any 77Ws without Qsuite, so all your flights will be all-aisle-access in business class.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:28 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Is that Economy or Business paid upgrade? It disappeared from my R class bookings but that is because R now includes lounge access.
Economy. I’m a poor.

Going to avoid a double post here. Sounds like they kick you out when you hit the six hours?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Omnivore
Economy. I’m a poor.

Going to avoid a double post here. Sounds like they kick you out when you hit the six hours?
I was in AM yesterday early morning... at busy breakfast time. Staff there were attempting to scan as many people as possible without being too intrusive. They seem quite well trained at it. I noticed this at the exit (inside and not on the food side) of the restaurant downstairs at far end. They seemed especially to be going for those from the sub continent. So easy for the staff to point someone to the exit of AM.
From what I could see, they are not directed by cameras, although maybe they are.
A bit bewildering if you realize what's going on!
crackjack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.