Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by j1194
Argh, that's frustrating the arriving flight doesn't count (especially because I paid in miles for business for both legs)... I am not flying until Nov 20th, hopefully, they don't open the status lounges by then...
Unfortunately, that's a problem with you and AAdvantage; Qatar Airways has nothing to do with partner award pricing on other programs.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, that's a problem with you and AAdvantage; Qatar Airways has nothing to do with partner award pricing on other programs.
If award inventory opens up in business, AA will switch it without cost since it's a business class award.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Pickash
What time did you visit?
around midnight.
Pickash likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Between Al Mourjan and Oryx lounge, does anyone know which has more vegetarian food options?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by HariOm
Between Al Mourjan and Oryx lounge, does anyone know which has more vegetarian food options?
I can't speak to the Oryx lounge, but the Al Mourjan always has vegetarian options in every category (starters, sides, mains, soups, sandwiches, snacks, etc.)
HariOm likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by HariOm
I couldn't imagine that any other DOH lounge has more veggie options than AM lounge : both
in upstairs restaurant or downstairs "cafeteria" at the far end. Restaurant more choice overall.
HariOm likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I just have to say that I went through this lounge September 17 and I was really impressed. I’ve been in a lot of business class lounges across the world, and this one really takes the cake (literally). I thought I’d just showcase the dessert case below. I first attempted to go into the AS, but AM is more than ample.

Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
If I'm flying into DOH in a First Class ticket (A class) but flying out on a Business Class ticket (P class) would that still allow me access into Al Mourjan lounge?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
If I'm flying into DOH in a First Class ticket (A class) but flying out on a Business Class ticket (P class) would that still allow me access into Al Mourjan lounge?
P is the new business lite with no lounge access. As QR does not really have a long haul F operating at the moment to tip it in a different direction, the booking class of the departing flight will decide.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
If I fly USA - Doha - Athens in business / coach, and Doha-Athens is not Qatar (AA Award ticket for all), do I have access to Al Mourjan Business lounge during the layover?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
If I fly USA - Doha - Athens in business / coach, and Doha-Athens is not Qatar (AA Award ticket for all), do I have access to Al Mourjan Business lounge during the layover?
Is DOH ATH a Oneworld carrier? Oneworld rules could kick in, but it depends on who operates that leg.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Is DOH ATH a Oneworld carrier? Oneworld rules could kick in, but it depends on who operates that leg.
yes, Royal Jordanian.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
yes, Royal Jordanian.
Ahh, so it is with a stop on the way. Under the Oneworld rules, long haul (more than 5 hours) to short haul (less than 5 hours) would give lounge access for the short haul flight based on the class of the long haul flight. However, AM is not a Oneworld business class lounge, so all likelihood is that it would be the Business Class lounge. However, if you travel before that lounge is opened again, then it will be the Al Mourjan.
EqualOpp and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:38 am

Ahh, so it is with a stop on the way. Under the Oneworld rules, long haul (more than 5 hours) to short haul (less than 5 hours) would give lounge access for the short haul flight based on the class of the long haul flight. However, AM is not a Oneworld business class lounge, so all likelihood is that it would be the Business Class lounge. However, if you travel before that lounge is opened again, then it will be the Al Mourjan.
ahh yes. I see the language now. Though it does say before 6am the following day. Next day's flight is after 6am.

Didn't know there were so many eligible lounges. I see an ORYX lounge for Royal Jordanian as well.Though that looks paltry by comparison (VIsited Al Mourjan earlier this year).

---

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DOH
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:01 pm

... However, AM is not a Oneworld business class lounge, so all likelihood is that it would be the Business Class lounge. However, if you travel before that lounge is opened again, then it will be the Al Mourjan.
Per the wording of its access rules, Al Mourjan seems to be accessible for J on any oneworld carrier; it’s just not accessible based on OW status:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-qa/l...l-mourjan.html
Qatar Airways First Class and Business Class (Elite, Comfort) and oneworld First Class and Business Class passengers can access this lounge at no additional cost, while Business Class (Classic) and Economy Class passengers throughout the network can purchase lounge access online, at the check-in counters, preferred travel agents, or Qatar Airways' sales offices.
This is the same for QR’s other ‘No Status Access’ lounges, in London, Paris, Singapore, etc.; you can access them if you’re flying another OW carrier in J.
EqualOpp likes this.

Last edited by crackjack; Oct 6, 2021 at 3:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.