Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:22 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The restaurant was there in 2019, and a good bit before that.

Before Al Safwa opened, and they still served Krug at the bar in the restaurant it was more based on made to order and less on buffet options. Then more buffet but still some made to order once the F passengers were shunted off to Al Safwa. During the pandemic while Al Safwa has been closed more menu options again. The sushi bar also seems to be a pandemic period addition. Though basically no F passengers around to enjoy the added options since the A380s are hibernating and intra Gulf has been very limited at least while the blockade was still on.
I may have not even been in the AM lounge, it was so long ago and my only QR J flight ever. It was only like a 3 hour layover. As an Alaska flier, I’ve always flown with EK up until now that they’ve joined OW. QR is now going to be the replacement with our mileage redemptions, so I’m just trying to learn as much info about all these lounges and options as possible in what I’ve come to expect from EK, in comparison to QR.

I appreciate everyone’s help!

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Just curious, do they ever make individualized dishes for you based on ingredients found on the menu? For example, in the Emirates lounges I used to ask the staff to whip up Strawberry lassis. They had strawberries, and they had yogurt, and many of the staff and bartenders were from India so it was no problem. Or if they could make me a fettuccine Alfredo chicken pasta they would always oblige and were very kind. They always asked the chef and it was no problem at DXB.

Again, just trying to get a lay of the land for the dining with QR as I’m a new comer here from EK now that Alaska has joined OW. Are they as accommodating as EK was or would a request like mine be laughed at?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Depends on the length of your transit, and a bit the time you arrive at. If you arrive at absolute peak hours, and only have 1-2 hours I'd say no. I'd say minimum two hours, and that is if starting at a time it is not absolutely packed. You'd want to have time to look a bit around, have a decent bite in the upper restaurant, and a drink or two.
We’ll have 9 hours on the way out and 6 on the way back. Would really only do it for one direction. Hoping city tour is back
Old Sep 5, 2021, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Omnivore
We’ll have 9 hours on the way out and 6 on the way back. Would really only do it for one direction. Hoping city tour is back
9 hours would definitely be good if the tours are back. 6 hours are good to get a decent visit to the lounge. I'd definitely do it if I'd never been, and a honeymoon.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I know we've talked about this before. I know this isn't a michelin restaurant or anything, and i'm not expecting it to be. I am just comparing what QR lounges are offering to let's say what EK offers in DXB.
Food at DXB F lounge is in an entirely different league to the food at AS. Not even close.
SullyofDoha and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:43 am

9 hours would definitely be good if the tours are back. 6 hours are good to get a decent visit to the lounge. I'd definitely do it if I'd never been, and a honeymoon.
yeah it’s a splurge that I wouldn’t normally do but honeymoon is splurgey. Just got a slight sticker shock.

if tours come back we’ll do the tour on the nine hour and maybe pop in to Oryx (or just chill out in Doha somewhere and come back closer to the flight) and do AM on the six hour. If no tours we’ll do it on the nine.

Just got some sticker shock. We’ll see if my future wife is down with the cost but we were going to need a hotel in NYC and now we don’t.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:52 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Food at DXB F lounge is in an entirely different league to the food at AS. Not even close.
Meaning...
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
There is a steak available to order off the menu in AM, I've had it a few times and it is not bad. Sure as hell not gourmet, but not bad. A filet.
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
The steak is precooked to well done - which is fine as that's how I enjoy it. And served with some potatoes and roasted vegetables. It's perfectly edible and enjoyable with a nose glass of the Rose.

This is the steak from a recent visit.
They don't custom cook it? I remember a few years back when we were coming and going through KUL, they offered ribeye steaks, cooked to order, at the MH F Lounge. They were a bit concerned when I ordered it "rare". Required them to get my info (handed over BP), but served as requested.

The few times I have connected through the AM lounge, I've stuck to lamb dishes, when available. Usually done medium (I like mine medium rare), but not too fussy with lamb. Looking forward to my next visit there, whenever it might be.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
They don't custom cook it? .
No, because it is cooked off-site and reheated in the lounge food prep area.
jerry a. laska and teemuflyer like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:49 pm

I saw mention earlier that they stopped paid access. My reservation (Nov 1 and 8 in Doha) has it
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is that Economy or Business paid upgrade? It disappeared from my R class bookings but that is because R now includes lounge access.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Omnivore
I saw mention earlier that they stopped paid access. My reservation (Nov 1 and 8 in Doha) has it
Paid access was only suspended for the near future ( late-July and August - not sure about September ).
It was always allowed for dates not in the near future.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
It disappeared from my R class bookings but that is because R now includes lounge access.
Has this been confirmed?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
Has this been confirmed?
Not officially, but theoretically yes.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Not officially, but theoretically yes.
If true this is great news, guess I'll find out in a few weeks
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
If true this is great news, guess I'll find out in a few weeks
QR would officially announce "P" fare class "Business Lite" on 1 October 2021.
Probably by then, we would see all the details.
estnet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.