Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
For everybody wondering if they get access or not with an R fare, I would just go to the lounge either AS or AM, and say I’d like to buy entrance. Try AM, and if they deny you, try AS. I’ve found in the past (especially if you have status) they’ll be accommodating. The worst that happens is they say no.

When I was in the AM back in 2019 I don’t remember a buffet, and the menu items were pretty bad. Currently, it seems like the made to order food and buffet upstairs are a lot better now. Can you order a steak for example in the AM lounge? Or is gourmet made to order meals really only in the AS lounge?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Just accessed AM on paid R with OW Emerald. By the way I'm in the shower now lol
That’s great that they are still giving this complimentary at the moment. Just a question of how much longer this temporary perk will last. Hopefully long enough for all my upcoming flights as the AM lounge is so much better than the standard Business Lounge
Old Sep 4, 2021, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Or is gourmet made to order meals really only in the AS lounge?
You're are setting yourself up for disappointment if you believe food in either of the lounges to be gourmet or exquisite (an earlier term you used). Safwa serves bistro-type fare which averages out at perfectly nice, but it's in no way exceptional - except that there's no charge for it. There are/were pretty looking confections in the cafe section of Safwa, but i'm not seduced by pretty looking things with high calorific loads...

The infrastructure/architecture/design of Safwa is impressive, as is the collection of artefacts borrowed from the museum. That and a rather quiet, serene ambience are the plus points. But serenity might go out of the window if pay-for-entry guests are determined to drink their money's worth in Blue Label scotch
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You're are setting yourself up for disappointment if you believe food in either of the lounges to be gourmet or exquisite (an earlier term you used). Safwa serves bistro-type fare which averages out at perfectly nice, but it's in no way exceptional - except that there's no charge for it. There are/were pretty looking confections in the cafe section of Safwa, but i'm not seduced by pretty looking things with high calorific loads...

The infrastructure/architecture/design of Safwa is impressive, as is the collection of artefacts borrowed from the museum. That and a rather quiet, serene ambience are the plus points. But serenity might go out of the window if pay-for-entry guests are determined to drink their money's worth in Blue Label scotch
I know we've talked about this before. I know this isn't a michelin restaurant or anything, and i'm not expecting it to be. I am just comparing what QR lounges are offering to let's say what EK offers in DXB. But I'm just wondering what the fair offered as far as food is concerned is? Can I order a steak off the AM menu? What are the items that are actually on the menu? That is what I'm trying to find out- what's on the menus. Is it just sum crummy sandwiches or is it steaks and real meals?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The menu is posted upthread

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...dinning-en.pdf
NWplatinum and crackjack like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:22 am

Actually the sandwiches in the deli area are good. Crusty but not crummy 😁
estnet and PresRDC like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
For everybody wondering if they get access or not with an R fare, I would just go to the lounge either AS or AM, and say I’d like to buy entrance. Try AM, and if they deny you, try AS. I’ve found in the past (especially if you have status) they’ll be accommodating. The worst that happens is they say no.
You're suggesting that people purchase access to the AM lounge without knowing if QR is granting access to those on R fares? Note that QR may distinguish between those with OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald status and those without. Obviously, AS wouldn't be granted on an R fare regardless of status, but paid access is typically available, if not full.

When I was in the AM back in 2019 I don’t remember a buffet, and the menu items were pretty bad. Currently, it seems like the made to order food and buffet upstairs are a lot better now. Can you order a steak for example in the AM lounge? Or is gourmet made to order meals really only in the AS lounge?
There has always been a buffet in AM, but perhaps you didn't go to the main restaurant upstairs? In addition to the upstairs main restaurant, there is a sandwicherie/cafe downstairs, near the quiet rooms. They have made-to-order sandwiches and a buffet with snacks, drinks, and desserts. Throughout the lounge there are buffets with beverages, snacks, and desserts.

In my experience, AM typically has beef and lamb dishes on the buffet and/or available to order. The downstairs sandwicherie typically has a very tasty lamb sandwich.
estnet and NWplatinum like this.

Last edited by anabolism; Sep 4, 2021 at 12:34 pm Reason: Delete error
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
There is a steak available to order off the menu in AM, I've had it a few times and it is not bad. Sure as hell not gourmet, but not bad. A filet.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
There is a steak available to order off the menu in AM, I've had it a few times and it is not bad. Sure as hell not gourmet, but not bad. A filet.
Thanks for the correction.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
The steak is precooked to well done - which is fine as that's how I enjoy it. And served with some potatoes and roasted vegetables. It's perfectly edible and enjoyable with a nose glass of the Rose.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

This is the steak from a recent visit.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Seriously considering popping in on one of our flights for our honeymoon in November. We're flying Y though so have to pay in, do people think it's worth the money?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Omnivore
Seriously considering popping in on one of our flights for our honeymoon in November. We're flying Y though so have to pay in, do people think it's worth the money?
Depends on the length of your transit, and a bit the time you arrive at. If you arrive at absolute peak hours, and only have 1-2 hours I'd say no. I'd say minimum two hours, and that is if starting at a time it is not absolutely packed. You'd want to have time to look a bit around, have a decent bite in the upper restaurant, and a drink or two.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism

There has always been a buffet in AM, but perhaps you didn't go to the main restaurant upstairs?.
Last I was there was March 2019 and I don’t think the restaurant was finished yet.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last I was there was March 2019 and I don’t think the restaurant was finished yet.
The restaurant was there in 2019, and a good bit before that.

Before Al Safwa opened, and they still served Krug at the bar in the restaurant it was more based on made to order and less on buffet options. Then more buffet but still some made to order once the F passengers were shunted off to Al Safwa. During the pandemic while Al Safwa has been closed more menu options again. The sushi bar also seems to be a pandemic period addition. Though basically no F passengers around to enjoy the added options since the A380s are hibernating and intra Gulf has been very limited at least while the blockade was still on.
NWplatinum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.