Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by kq747
Dont think there is a meetup thread anymore (mods move this there if there is) but I'm in the Garden lounge for the next 6 hours if anyone wants to grab a drink or needs to be guested. Was planning to go into town to my favorite shwarma place but work happened
Not very busy, but meetup thread is here:

QR Meet-Up Thread
aphro, kq747 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/Oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Hi,

My wife and I have a 4.5 hour layover at DOH en route to MLE from DFW and are flying Business. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 9:20 pm with the next flight scheduled to depart at 1:50 am. I understand that this is the busiest time in the airport and that the lounge may be crowded. In anyone's experience does it get absolutely crammed? We just want a place to shower and relax before our next flight. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Note: We purchased our tickets through AA, so I don't believe we will be given the option of paid entry into Al Safwa.

Last edited by whiterock001; Mar 29, 2024 at 3:00 pm
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:11 pm

Programs: Sindbad Gold, Etihad Guest Silver, Qatar Privilege Gold.
Originally Posted by whiterock001
Hi,

My wife and I have a 4.5 hour layover at DOH en route to MLE from DFW and are flying Business. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 9:20 pm with the next flight scheduled to depart at 1:50 am. I understand that this is the busiest time in the airport and that the lounge may be crowded. In anyone's experience does it get absolutely crammed? We just want a place to shower and relax before our next flight. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Note: We purchased our tickets through AA, so I don't believe we will be given the option of paid entry into Al Safwa.
Busy, but not excessive. There will still be comfortable chairs, you may not get a lounging room. Games time always seem to be empty! (There is a lovely table football table + PS etc) If one of you is female you may have more luck with the showers as they seem to be slightly less busy, perhaps there are more male passengers; they will put you in the waiting list. I personally prefer the Garden al M lounge, you can pop down and take a stroll though the plants or peruse the designer boutiques (and chat to the poor bored staff)
AJNEDC and whiterock001 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/Oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by aphro
Busy, but not excessive. There will still be comfortable chairs, you may not get a lounging room. Games time always seem to be empty! (There is a lovely table football table + PS etc) If one of you is female you may have more luck with the showers as they seem to be slightly less busy, perhaps there are more male passengers; they will put you in the waiting list. I personally prefer the Garden al M lounge, you can pop down and take a stroll though the plants or peruse the designer boutiques (and chat to the poor bored staff)
Thank you for that feedback. Is M Lounge Garden larger than the M Lounge South? Ideally, we’d like to try both out. We won’t be looking to sleep (or so I hope &#128512. And I question whether we’ll be too hungry given how much we’ll be fed at the DFW lounge and on the incoming flight. But if we can shower (even if there’s a wait), and sit comfortably and have coffee or cocktails, that will be a win. We also have Priority Pass, but I haven’t read very good things about their lounge.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by martmeister
yes the gym at al mourjan garden lounge is open. I was there personally taking a nosey around yesterday. The spa in the corner is not open yet but there was a separate spa by the gym that looked open although I didn’t want to have a peak
Not sure if this is the right spa but the staff showed me around during my recent visit at Al Mourjan The Garden.

whiterock001 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Not sure if this is the right spa but the staff showed me around during my recent visit at Al Mourjan The Garden.

Were you able to catch the prices are for individual services?
aphro likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:33 am

Programs: Sindbad Gold, Etihad Guest Silver, Qatar Privilege Gold.

ooh that looks quite promising, depending on the prices for services.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by d.patel
Were you able to catch the prices are for individual services?
Sadly, no.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:44 am

I asked QR's whats app about the prices of the massage and got this reply.

whiterock001 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thank you for that feedback. Is M Lounge Garden larger than the M Lounge South? Ideally, we’d like to try both out. We won’t be looking to sleep (or so I hope &#128512. And I question whether we’ll be too hungry given how much we’ll be fed at the DFW lounge and on the incoming flight. But if we can shower (even if there’s a wait), and sit comfortably and have coffee or cocktails, that will be a win. We also have Priority Pass, but I haven’t read very good things about their lounge.
I'd say AM South is slightly bigger. I also much prefer the AM North/Garden as it has been a but quieter the times I've been.
whiterock001 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi,

I arrived same time last year onward to MLE. I went to the garden and it was lovely loads of seats, table service etc. The airport itself was super busy.
whiterock001 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 12:46 pm

Hi all,
I am flying Qsuites QR 778 MIA to DOH and arrive at 16:35. Then connecting to QR 1341 departing at 18:30. Is this enough time to clear all formalities and still hit tie Al Mourjan Lounge? Also, which of the Al Mourjan lounges is less busy at that time.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I think you'd have enough room for a visit. At that time, both lounges will be fairly quiet/empty. I'd choose the one closest to QR 1341 to give you a bit more time to relax/
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:40 pm

Thanks for the info!
Abidjan likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:47 pm

I asked QR's whats app about the prices of the massage and got this reply.

Thank you for asking! This is great to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.