QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sueco6
Hey frequent travellers via DOH
On the outbound trip I have a short connection and I have a Biz Lite ticket. Which lounges can I access as OWE. Thx
As OWE on a business lite ticket you can access the Platinum lounge by gate A1 and the Platinum Gold lounge in C (ita near c13 or c14, cant remember which)
sueco6 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:24 am

Hello, I've recently booked my first ever reward ticket for business with Qatar - LHR-DOH-MEL for next month. I have a 13hr stopover in DOH, done on purpose as the alternative was 3hr and that was too short for such a long journey. My plan is to utilise both lounges, and explore the airport too. Am I being too optimistic with being able to pass 13h this way? I was thinking taking about a 4hr nap might help in one of the quiet rooms, if I can!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:49 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by d.patel
Hello, I've recently booked my first ever reward ticket for business with Qatar - LHR-DOH-MEL for next month. I have a 13hr stopover in DOH, done on purpose as the alternative was 3hr and that was too short for such a long journey. My plan is to utilise both lounges, and explore the airport too. Am I being too optimistic with being able to pass 13h this way? I was thinking taking about a 4hr nap might help in one of the quiet rooms, if I can!
With such a long layover i would recommend to book one of the 4* stopover hotels offered from Qatar.

Believe me: you dont want to stay 13h at the airport and/or in the so called "quiet rooms"

If you choose the right hotel you can take the metro to the hotel and on the way back to the airport the cheap uber taxi. You will have a real quiet room, shower and comfortable bed and relaxing time before your long flight to MEL

Millennium Central Doha even offer a free pick up from the airport, so you only need to book the uber to the airport or use the metr. I have tried it both already and worked fine.

Last edited by Crisu69; Mar 13, 2024 at 9:56 am
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
With such a long layover i would recommend to book one of the 4* stopover hotels offered from Qatar.

Believe me: you dont want to stay 13h at the airport and/or in the so called "quiet rooms"

If you choose the right hotel you can take the metro to the hotel and on the way back to the airport the cheap uber taxi. You will have a real quiet room, shower and comfortable bed and relaxing time before your long glight to MEL
I would love to but I can't book a stopover hotel at the reduced price with reward bookings, I've tried and it says I'm not eligible in the T&Cs. I looked at the Oryx hotel but the price is far too high, as with others too.

I did choose this flight with a 13hr stopover instead of a 3hr stopover however to make the most of all the business class amenities as I don't know if I will ever travel in business again, especially not QSuites.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:17 am

Why do you think you are not eligible for the sropover packages?

Award tickets are not eligible for the free STPC hotels. But if your award ticket is booked with QR and the stopover is longer than 12 hours, you are eligible to book the subsidised hotels through Discover Qatar.

https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopover/

It's only if your ticket was booked with another airline that you are not eligible.

Hotels in Doha are often cheap by International standards anyway, so don't rule out booking independently.

Depending on your nationality a visa or may not be an issue.

Last edited by KingCanute; Mar 13, 2024 at 10:22 am
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
Why do you think you are not eligible for the sropover packages?

Award tickets are not eligible for the free STPC hotels. But if your award ticket is booked with QR and the stopover is longer than 12 hours, you are eligible to book the subsidised hotels through Discover Qatar.

It's only if your ticket was booked with another airline that you are not eligible.

Depending on your nationality a visa or may not be an issue.
Oh, thank you, that's great to hear. I must have gotten this mixed up with STPC hotels in that case. I'll have a look and see what it comes up with. I'm trying to keep costs as low as possible, so free food, drink, and amenities at the lounges might win out if this adds up. Thank you!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:28 am

You can eat at the landside arrivals lounge before going to the hotel, and then again in AM when you get back to save money. And depending on your timings, a walk around the corniche and/or the souk will be a great memory from the trip, with or without the hotel stay.

But I'd definitely go for the hotel option for $30 or so. You'll enjoy the next flight much more after a good sleep
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:49 am

You can eat at the landside arrivals lounge before going to the hotel, and then again in AM when you get back to save money. And depending on your timings, a walk around the corniche and/or the souk will be a great memory from the trip, with or without the hotel stay.

But I'd definitely go for the hotel option for $30 or so. You'll enjoy the next flight much more after a good sleep
Thank you for the tips! My layover is mostly during the day but $30 is not bad at all, and I really would appreciate being rested so I can make the most of my time in the QSuites too. If I can get some sightseeing done too, that's a great plus!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:53 am

Garden lounge gym/spa

Any updates on whether the gym/spa is open in the garden lounge yet? Pictures of the gym would also be appreciated. Trying to determine whether it makes sense to pay entry to the Oryx instead - we are passing through next month with an 8 hour layover.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:12 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by cambridgeflyer333
Any updates on whether the gym/spa is open in the garden lounge yet? Pictures of the gym would also be appreciated. Trying to determine whether it makes sense to pay entry to the Oryx instead - we are passing through next month with an 8 hour layover.
I asked the lady that was at the desk at the entrance of the gym and she had no clue when it was opening. That was 3 weeks ago at the Garden Lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:28 am

After doing some research, I see that Doha Airport offer transit tours which I will likely go on during my stopover. Does anyone know if I am allowed to store my hand luggage in the lockers at the Al Mourjan lounge for the duration of this (and likely longer)? Or do I need to take it with me every time I leave the lounge? Thank you.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
After doing some research, I see that Doha Airport offer transit tours which I will likely go on during my stopover. Does anyone know if I am allowed to store my hand luggage in the lockers at the Al Mourjan lounge for the duration of this (and likely longer)? Or do I need to take it with me every time I leave the lounge? Thank you.
We had no issue putting our bags in lockers at one of the lounges (forgot which one). We didn't leave the airport, but they were in there for many hours (5 or 6?).
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:42 pm

It is possible, but I might be inclined not to mention to staff that you are depositing your bags airside and then leaving the airport
Always Flyin likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
We had no issue putting our bags in lockers at one of the lounges (forgot which one). We didn't leave the airport, but they were in there for many hours (5 or 6?).
Ah, thank you. I have a long stopover so Iíll be leaving my luggage in one or both lounges for the duration as I move around too.

It is possible, but I might be inclined not to mention to staff that you are depositing your bags airside and then leaving the airport
Thanks, thatís a good point. I suppose they might not be too happy with someone leaving their luggage unattended in the airport whilst out of it for around 3 hours or so.
aphro likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:06 am

I don’t think anyone will notice a three hour use of the left luggage lockers. Or longer. Many people have long layovers at DOH. If you tell staff you have a risk of getting no as an answer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.