QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by lovefly88
Staff said this is new permanent AM lounge. Asked if there was another one and they said no.
Actually there is another 'Al Mourjan Lounge - Garden' if you look at the photo at post 1802:

Originally Posted by Schwann
Is the newly opened north lounge really only temporary? The signpost below points the plat north lounge in a totally different direction.

The Garden Al Mourjan is due to open next week according to one of the lounge agents.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
If I was speculating I'd say there are going to be two new AMs at that end. Garden and the recently opened North.

I really don't think the AM North is temporary or the future Plat lounge cuz there are signs for the Plat lounge deeper into the Orchard extension.

Lift lobby to the yet to open FF lounges (I think):
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 9:46 pm

Has anyone been through HIA in the last week and noticed any change in the Al Mourjan North Lounge? I'm due to fly through on 28th Nov, hoping the new garden lounge is open

Last edited by Philyer; Nov 19, 2022 at 10:53 pm
Old Nov 20, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
If I'm a QR J pax, can I bring in a QR Y pax?
Old Nov 20, 2022, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
If I'm a QR J pax, can I bring in a QR Y pax?
No guests for business class.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Video of AM North

seanp7, arabiamark, aj411 and 5 others like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:41 am

I have a P class ticket coming up, and am being offered AM lounge access for 81. Would this include access to the garden? I think I would pay once just to see what it was like!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wilko1
I have a P class ticket coming up, and am being offered AM lounge access for 81. Would this include access to the garden? I think I would pay once just to see what it was like!
I think the garden is free access.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wilko1
If you mean the Al Mourjan Garden lounge, that isn't open yet as far as I know. But if you did purchase Al Mourjan lounge access I don't see why it wouldn't include any of the AM lounges if open.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I think the garden is free access.
If you mean the Garden generally at Doha as CPH suggests, it is free to walk around - it is just part of the airside terminal. It's a nice space but nothing amazing.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Schwann
If I was speculating I'd say there are going to be two new AMs at that end. Garden and the recently opened North.

I really don't think the AM North is temporary or the future Plat lounge cuz there are signs for the Plat lounge deeper into the Orchard extension.

As per the video below your post, the masses of rammed together seating, lack of privacy, interior finishes, etc. all feel far below the Al Mourjan flagship to me, which is what makes me suspect it was not originally intended as an Al Mourjan lounge. Also the sign that says "Platinum & Gold Lounge North" is odd, why are these not separate lounges like in the main concourse, especially when there is a separate lounge just for a small number of Silvers? Perhaps the original intention was to have an Al Mourjan, a Platinum Lounge and a Gold Lounge, but QR instead decided to make the Platinum Lounge a second Al Mourjan at the last minute?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
As per the video below your post, the masses of rammed together seating, lack of privacy, interior finishes, etc. all feel far below the Al Mourjan flagship to me, which is what makes me suspect it was not originally intended as an Al Mourjan lounge. Also the sign that says "Platinum & Gold Lounge North" is odd, why are these not separate lounges like in the main concourse, especially when there is a separate lounge just for a small number of Silvers? Perhaps the original intention was to have an Al Mourjan, a Platinum Lounge and a Gold Lounge, but QR instead decided to make the Platinum Lounge a second Al Mourjan at the last minute?
I did speculate the same thing up thread, gold and plat will eventually be split, new AM location, and current AM becomes plat.

Reason? As always with anything in that airport, delays. But they needed a second AM for World Cup.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Very strange - the link is absent when I view the post - but when I went to reply it appeared? How strange - going to give it a look now.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
I dont get the logic of opening two separate AM lounges (the AM North and AM garden) when they are right next to each other (based on the pic of the map several posts above).
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
I dont get the logic of opening two separate AM lounges (the AM North and AM garden) when they are right next to each other (based on the pic of the map several posts above).
Which is why there is speculation that once the AM Garden opens, the AM North will become the Platinum North, and the Platinum and Gold lounge the Gold Lounge. But let's see.....
Old Nov 24, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Just did a general tour of the surroundings. The situation has not changed. Just Al Mourjan North is open. I asked about the other lounges and the people were kind of evasive and looking at the floor and saying they didn't know. From what I could view, these lounges are nowhere near being ready to open. I would be happy to be wrong, but I've seen what it looks like when a lounge it about to open. That ain't it. So if you're passing through this month or even next month I would expect the same situation as now. Again I would be happy to be wrong.

On a positive note the AM North lounge is still apparently undiscovered by the masses and still mostly wide open. The garden area is open, and so are most of the shops around it. Apparently they are changing the name of the garden to the 'Orchard.' Maybe they're trying to avoid grumblings about stealing from Singapore. Someone should tell them about Orchard Road.
nilsfr69, Loungeabout and Philyer like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.