Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:13 pm

What's the food like in AM Lounge currently like for those who've been recently?

Got three hours and would be nice to know whether to eat more on the plane or save the hunger for the lounge.

I can see the menu online (will assume the current CNY menu won't be there on Thursday) but are any dishes highlights? What's the buffet looking like?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by am0985
What's the food like in AM Lounge currently like for those who've been recently?

Got three hours and would be nice to know whether to eat more on the plane or save the hunger for the lounge.

I can see the menu online (will assume the current CNY menu won't be there on Thursday) but are any dishes highlights? What's the buffet looking like?
I’ve only been to the AM North Garden. There’s a wall with hot food, typically rice with korma, meat with mashed potatoes, maybe one other option, two soups, a variety of bread and toast. A ton of desserts and a selection of hummus. You can also order a variety of hearty salads and croissant sandwiches. And there’s a sushi bar.

It’s enough to keep me satiated and content, definitely not SQ Changi standards 😅 I’ve only been to the main AM once, I remember their spread being quite extensive.
am0985 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Is there a definitive answer for "U" access to AM lounge?

I apologize if this has been answered previously, but I cannot find a definitive answers....

We are flying on AA Award tickets through DOH in "U" class. Business on all segments. Do we have access to the AM lounge?

Thanks
Jon
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MarJon
I apologize if this has been answered previously, but I cannot find a definitive answers....

We are flying on AA Award tickets through DOH in "U" class. Business on all segments. Do we have access to the AM lounge?

Thanks
Jon
Yes.
MarJon likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes.
Thank you for your quick reply!
Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by suziemay
I’ve only been to the AM North Garden. There’s a wall with hot food, typically rice with korma, meat with mashed potatoes, maybe one other option, two soups, a variety of bread and toast. A ton of desserts and a selection of hummus. You can also order a variety of hearty salads and croissant sandwiches. And there’s a sushi bar.

It’s enough to keep me satiated and content, definitely not SQ Changi standards 😅 I’ve only been to the main AM once, I remember their spread being quite extensive.
Post-pandemic and remodel, I have not found the food in the SQ Silverkris Lounge at Changi to be all that great at all. The QR lounge at DOH I found to be significantly better, and there is table service.

The Private Room? Yes. The SQ business lounge? Not really.
am0985 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Post-pandemic and remodel, I have not found the food in the SQ Silverkris Lounge at Changi to be all that great at all. The QR lounge at DOH I found to be significantly better, and there is table service.

The Private Room? Yes. The SQ business lounge? Not really.
Yeah the new SilverKris is good from an alcohol point of view given it has actual champagne, a nice bar area. But food wise I agree it's quite underwhelming.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 6:52 pm

Hi all

Transiting DOH later on a P class ticket as OW Emerald. I know that I cannot access the Garden lounge but can I get in to the ‘old’ Al Mourjan lounge near the bear? Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
no you can not
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
no you can not
Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by EGLK FLYER
Hi all

Transiting DOH later on a P class ticket as OW Emerald. I know that I cannot access the Garden lounge but can I get in to the ‘old’ Al Mourjan lounge near the bear? Thanks.
On a P Class ticket, as OWE, it will be the Platinum lounge by A1 or the Platinum Gold lounge by C13
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:38 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
On a P Class ticket, as OWE, it will be the Platinum lounge by A1 or the Platinum Gold lounge by C13
Both of which are really nice, nicer than the BA first lounges,
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 5:57 am

I'm in the Doha airport right now and have been running into some issues with lounge access on an all J itinerary and wanted to see what your thoughts were.

Which lounge(s) do I have access to in DOH? All 4 flights are on one reservation. My itinerary is as follows...
QR J DPS-DOH
(Same day) EY J DOH-AUH
(Next day) EY J AUH-FRA
AA J FRA-CLT

Edit: forgot to add that I'm OWS

Last edited by RoyGBiv00; Feb 18, 2024 at 6:05 am Reason: add info
Old Feb 18, 2024, 6:13 am

Etihad use the Oryx lounge at DOH. If your flight number is EY perhaps you should try there?
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
no you can not
just recently was flying on an R fare and nobody(!) scanned my BP at the garden AM..... not down by the elevators and also not upstairs..... might be trying it next week again with a P fare BP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.