Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
AM Garden showers

So not sure the hype with these things. Like the old AM and AS showers, they don’t have any ventilation. And like some AS showers they have no built in toilets. Perhaps their wining aspect is the lack of wait to get one, but tbh, the showers at the AA MIA and DFW FL are way better, let alone other non-NA OW lounges…

Last edited by fender5787; Nov 22, 2023 at 3:59 pm
Old Nov 22, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: DIAMOND in Life, but BA Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Any info on what they are actually doing in there?
As Fender 5787 mentioned the main reason is ventilation, so it might look different next time you visit Al Safwa. Gym/Massage at Gardens at the final stages.
cagcag and noFODplease like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Access on P fare

Data point: got access last week to both Al Mourjan (super busy around midnight) and Al Mourjan Garden on P business class fare (HEL-DOH-BKK) on Finnair issued boarding pass, tickets bought through QR (157-). I’m QR Gold and my partner is Platinum.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Estratos
Data point: got access last week to both Al Mourjan (super busy around midnight) and Al Mourjan Garden on P business class fare (HEL-DOH-BKK) on Finnair issued boarding pass, tickets bought through QR (157-). I’m QR Gold and my partner is Platinum.
You were given access due to your partner's platinum tier (with you as a guest) whilst AS was closed. If you had been travelling alone on a P ticket you would have been turned away
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Originally Posted by KingCanute
You were given access due to your partner's platinum tier (with you as a guest) whilst AS was closed. If you had been travelling alone on a P ticket you would have been turned away
That’s what I thought, but of course WhatsApp chat agent stated that only Platinum member would have access. And my boarding pass was scanned first, no mention of platinum guesting. It was worth trying, anyway.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Estratos
That’s what I thought, but of course WhatsApp chat agent stated that only Platinum member would have access. And my boarding pass was scanned first, no mention of platinum guesting. It was worth trying, anyway.
Perhaps your barcode indicates there is a platinum on your PNR? Either way, good news they let you in!
Old Dec 9, 2023, 12:16 pm

How long is the wait for the showers in Al Mourjan arrivine on a flight at 930 and do they have sink and toilet in them as well?

How long does it take to get through transit security arrive in busniess OWE.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
How long is the wait for the showers in Al Mourjan arrivine on a flight at 930 and do they have sink and toilet in them as well?

How long does it take to get through transit security arrive in busniess OWE.
the time to get through transit once in the transit area is a few minutes, there is a dedicated security for business class. The total time all depends where you park and how long a bus ride is to the terminal.

showers at 9:30 should be ok, neither 9:30 nor 21:30 is a peak time.

not all the shower cubicles have toilets in them. I do not think the ones in Al Mourjan do.

The ones I have used in the platinum gold lounge do
The ones i have used in Al mourjan did not (if i remember correctly)
Lonedaddy likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
the time to get through transit once in the transit area is a few minutes, there is a dedicated security for business class. The total time all depends where you park and how long a bus ride is to the terminal.

showers at 9:30 should be ok, neither 9:30 nor 21:30 is a peak time.

not all the shower cubicles have toilets in them. I do not think the ones in Al Mourjan do.

The ones I have used in the platinum gold lounge do
The ones i have used in Al mourjan did not (if i remember correctly)
thanks should have been more specific 21:30 is correct
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:24 pm

one other question is there a smoking area in the lounge? - I thought I saw there was a cigar area.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
thanks should have been more specific 21:30 is correct
at 21:30 you are getting in before the bank of flights. Things start to get quite busy from about 23:30 till 01:00
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:39 pm

one other question is there a smoking area in the lounge? - I thought I saw there was a cigar area.
yes

Google search for 'al mourjan smoking room' returns

https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/q...s-lounge-doha/

This article describes the smoking area and has some photos of it
Lonedaddy likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:49 am

Hey everyone,

I have 3h25 min connection in DOH, on a business class (I) fare, between their 1700 and 2000 banks.

Assuming I have access to both the south and garden AM lounges, which would you pick?
I will definitely look to have a shower, as I will be coming off a 12h flight, and perhaps an à-la-carte meal. I would love to try both lounges but considering my connection time I do not think it will be possible to fully appreciate them both.

Also, any news on the garden lounge's gym opening?

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I prefer the Garden lounge. I wouldn't make an effort to visit both.

The gym wasn't open at the end of November but there were staff milling around in tracksuits with QR lanyards so I'd speculate it wasn't far off.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Definitely the Garden lounge this go-around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.