Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Loungeabout
Just checked out the new North Node, all of the hoardings are down, just a tensa barrier with hundreds of workmen beavering away. Opening could be hours away, can see the tropical garden in the distance & loads of F&B outlets ready to open including Oreo cafe. Took some pics, but anyone passing thru in the next 24hrs should get lucky.
Same status as Saturday it seems....
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
​​​​Doing a 15 hour layover at Doha airport and flying business class. Trying to plan ahead since traveling with my 5 year old. We booked a room at the Oryx hotel just in case. Wondering if we have in and out privileges at the lounge, and if there's any limit on hours.
​​​
Curious about this as well!
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bobu
Doing a 15 hour layover at Doha airport and flying business class. Trying to plan ahead since traveling with my 5 year old. We booked a room at the Oryx hotel just in case. Wondering if we have in and out privileges at the lounge, and if there's any limit on hours.

Basically, can we have dinner/snacks there, head to our hotel, then have breakfast there again?

Also, anything for my kid to do at all at the airport?

Thanks for all the help!
You can go in and out of the Al Mourjan lounge as many times as you like during your stay. The only time limitation is that your connection can only be. 24 hours, above that, you would need to enter Doha. But as long as your connection is below 24 hours you can use the lounge throughout.

There are some very designed playgrounds in the airport. The look very nice, I am not sure how great they are to actually use, but for the right age, probably quite fun to climb and crawl around on, and use the slides.
bobu and Traveller999 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
These pics were taken about 10 days ago of the yet to be opened North Al Mourjan Lounge.

Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:26 pm

These pics were taken 2 days ago, showing the signage for the North Silver, Gold & Platinum Lounges, also the Al Mourjan Lounge Garden?
You can see some greenery in the distance which must be the Tropical Garden Area.

HB7 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:16 pm

I note that all D and E gates have been renumbered as C gates.
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:08 am

Some more pics of North Node Extension area, wasn't sure where to post them.

New area by C14 & C15 gates

msm2000uk, plunet and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Hi all,
I have a long overnight layover at DOH in a few days. I am QR Platinum myself, and I'm travelling in QR business class (upgraded from Y) - and some reports suggest I might be able to enter Al Safwa if I'm lucky (I'm not too hopeful though). I am travelling with 3 other people, all flying in Y, one of whom is OW Sapphire. I have a few of my QR platinum guest lounge passes.

While I might get into AS, my companions definitely won't. Which lounge should I try to get them into then? Can I use three of my guest lounge passes to get them into AM? Or is the new Platinum lounge regarded as superior?
Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:21 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does an award ticket in J give access to Al Mourjan? I'm not sure whether an award ticket falls within Comfort/Classic/Elite or Lite, and I know that a ticket in J in the later doesn't give acces to AM
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MoonJ
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does an award ticket in J give access to Al Mourjan? I'm not sure whether an award ticket falls within Comfort/Classic/Elite or Lite, and I know that a ticket in J in the later doesn't give acces to AM
Award tickets in J do have access to Al Mourjan.
MoonJ likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Quick question to the regulars of this thread with my Mod hat on.

Would you like me to split North Node Al Mourjan into a separate thread, or keep them combined?

Thanks

Msm2000uk
QR Forum Moderator
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Quick question to the regulars of this thread with my Mod hat on.

Would you like me to split North Node Al Mourjan into a separate thread, or keep them combined?

Thanks

Msm2000uk
QR Forum Moderator
I'll say let's keep it combined since many of the questions here are regarding accessing and entry policies which could fit to both Al Mourjan Lounge's at the same time.
brunos, CPH-Flyer, Schwann and 8 others like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:27 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I'll say let's keep it combined since many of the questions here are regarding accessing and entry policies which could fit to both Al Mourjan Lounge's at the same time.
A few other posters evidently agree with you, so the two lounges shall remain combined.

Thanks

M
Old Nov 1, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
I'm travelling ex DOH on an award flight in J (BA award / QR metal) on 11 Nov - Am hoping that the new north lounge will be open by then.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:37 am

I transited in DOH and was at AM yesterday. I asked some of the staff there if they knew when the North lounge would open. They said they didn’t know the exact date but it should open up soon this November all the basics and logistics are being taken care of now with new staff working there too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.