QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:56 am

Just noticed that the Al Mourjan menu cover now says 'Al Mourjan - South': al-mourjan-dinning-en.pdf (qatarairways.com)
Looks like the new North lounge is actually opening soon...
Traveller999 and NickRivas like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Vlntn
Just noticed that the Al Mourjan menu cover now says 'Al Mourjan - South': al-mourjan-dinning-en.pdf (qatarairways.com)
Looks like the new North lounge is actually opening soon...
Would be perfect if they opened just in time for the traffic dring the world cup
Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Janos
Somewhere over the Atlantic now e route to DOH. QR J class looks like were going to be pretty early landing at 0630 giving me four hours at the airport. Anyone know if its possible to upgrade lounge access for a price when I land to the first class lounge to avoid the scrum and if so how to do it and what it might cost? Thank you!
Did you get your two seats in the center section of J?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Al Mourjan North lounge was still not open as of 17th October, asked the info guy nearby said they hadn't been given a specific. The escalator access is just before the newly opened Oryx Garden Hotel by gate C14. There were 3 security guards permanently positioned in front of the access hoardings for the new extension, presumably to stop anyone getting a sneak peak.
We arrived at Gate C12 & were processed through the new North transfer security, all very efficient & came down an escalator in front of the North Node by train.
Will be travelling thru next week, will check again.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Have any details about Al Mourjan North been made available? Wondering what we are to expect. I have a 14-hr layover in early Nov and am wondering which lounge I should visit (traveling AA Business Class award ticket).
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by davidmsilver
Have any details about Al Mourjan North been made available? Wondering what we are to expect. I have a 14-hr layover in early Nov and am wondering which lounge I should visit (traveling AA Business Class award ticket).
​​​​​​Same here, with a long layover in January (about 15 hours). Have booked the Oryx Airport Hotel. Travelling J TBS-DOH-ORD on QR then AA ORD-ATL in F.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: QAPC Gold, BAEC
Don’t know where to share, but just thought I’d post here. Traveling in J to NRT on Avios upgrade and was denied entry to Al Mourjan - was redirected to the Platinum Lounge instead. Is this standard now? Not that there’s anything wrong with the Platinum Lounge (in fact it’s rather nice and relatively empty)...

Last edited by shohmyoh; Oct 18, 2022 at 9:53 am
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:32 am

Happy to announce that the new 10,000m indoor tropical garden terminal ''Jewel'' along with Al Mourjan North is getting inaugurated this Sunday 23/10/2022.

Final touches to the tropical garden in the new terminal section at Doha Hamad International Airport

New ''C'' gates
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:48 am

Am I right in understanding that there are only five additional gates in the C pier (based on Google Maps photos)? Did they originally have a higher number in their original plans, or is it going to be phased? Seems like a very long period of construction for relatively little additional capacity.

Looking forward to seeing the new lounges when I'm next in DOH!
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by shohmyoh
Dont know where to share, but just thought Id post here. Traveling in J to NRT on Avios upgrade and was denied entry to Al Mourjan - was redirected to the Platinum Lounge instead. Is this standard now? Not that theres anything wrong with the Platinum Lounge (in fact its rather nice and relatively empty)...
Yes, they were correct denying you.
Upgraded tickets are not eligible for lounge access unless lounge access is offered via the original ticket before the upgrade or status.

Although, redemptions ( award tickets ) are eligible for lounge access.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It doesnt look very finished to be open in 5 days. Looks like a construction site to me.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
It doesnt look very finished to be open in 5 days. Looks like a construction site to me.
Upstairs for the lounge area has looked finished for quite a while. You can see part of it already. Downstairs just seems to be a construction barrier.

But having the official opening reception, does however not necessarily mean it is ready for use.... Lol
Old Oct 18, 2022, 11:09 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Travelling thru Mon 24th pm hopefully can check it out & grab some pics.
imverge, Traveller999 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, they were correct denying you.
Upgraded tickets are not eligible for lounge access unless lounge access is offered via the original ticket before the upgrade or status.

Although, redemptions ( award tickets ) are eligible for lounge access.
Even after flying with QR for so long their lounge policies baffle me. Yes upgraded tickets aren't normally allowed lounges but last week I upgraded via Avios at DOH for my last leg from Eco to J and was told you can go ahead to the Al Safwa lounge - even though I am platinum I fully expected to be told to go to the Platinum lounge but I just cant seem to understand their rules.

I did end up going to the Al Safwa lounge without any issues
Traveller999 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by salehir
Even after flying with QR for so long their lounge policies baffle me. Yes upgraded tickets aren't normally allowed lounges but last week I upgraded via Avios at DOH for my last leg from Eco to J and was told you can go ahead to the Al Safwa lounge - even though I am platinum I fully expected to be told to go to the Platinum lounge but I just cant seem to understand their rules.

I did end up going to the Al Safwa lounge without any issues
Based on a few reports, Im getting the feeling that plats on *any* type of business fare (may they be lite, upgrade, award, or non-lite cash) can get access to AS. This is just my gumption so please nobody take my word for it, but its becoming to seem that way.
Traveller999 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.