Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by realgaga
This isn't a case of rule vs reality, but simply that QR didn't update this page with the conditions of the new fare families.
Yes I am aware of that and thatīs why it made me "smile a little" ...
realgaga likes this.

Last edited by Traveller999; Jul 6, 2021 at 6:09 pm
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
They would let you in as the Al Mourjan Lounge is the only QR Lounge at DOH open at this time..
Isn't the business class lounge in DOH (not AM) also a QR lounge. I flew through Doha on June 29 and was directed to this lounge. I was attempting to access the Oryx lounge (the temporary priority pass lounge) which was full and was sent here.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I just came across the T&Cs for purchasing access to the AM lounge, as it popped up in my booking in the "R" class or infamous ;-) named "Classic Fare".

.... Lounge access is included free of charge for all Business and First Class passengers as well as eligible Frequent Flyer Programme members.....

This makes me a little bit smile...because we know "the execution" is different ;-)

This isn't a case of rule vs reality, but simply that QR didn't update this page with the conditions of the new fare families.

Absolutely!! It's quite clearly unreasonable to expect QR to align the information it presents to passengers with terms and conditions of service published elsewhere.

The airline's marketing team is headed by busy executives with little time to to worry about accuracy, clarity and associated pettiness. Much of their energy appears devoted to emailing me daily about amazing opportunities which sadly prove illusive.

Butthey've recently achieved the unimaginable - launched a promotion which delivers what is promised, and which actually works, hitch-free [YMMV]: so give them a break!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by saveri
Isn't the business class lounge in DOH (not AM) also a QR lounge. I flew through Doha on June 29 and was directed to this lounge. I was attempting to access the Oryx lounge (the temporary priority pass lounge) which was full and was sent here.
The QR Business/First class status lounges are theoretically open but they are currently being used as duty-of-care centers for those who missed their connection or/and for those Qatar needs to provide accommodation and meals at the airport as QR could not provide hotels outside the airport as the border is closed.

So, all QR ticketed Business Class ( except Classic ) and status passengers are currently being directed to Al Mourjan at this time.
Wanderwithme likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Help about AM vs oryx access

I am thinking about buying a "classic" paid ticket (sfo-ath) IF my oneworld Sapphire status will allow me access to AM lounge. I understand that usually it would only allow me access to the (inferior) oryx lounge. I have read different reports of whether oryx is open and how it is being used. Can anyone clarify? The website isn't clear.
Even if I would be allowed access now since my trip would be in about 6 weeks things can change - so - what would the cost be to purchase AM access if I'm not entitled? (I can't see it b/c I'd have to have a ticket already to access the charge on QR site). TIA
If I can save $160 x2 b/c of status that would be great
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
I am thinking about buying a "classic" paid ticket (sfo-ath) IF my oneworld Sapphire status will allow me access to AM lounge. I understand that usually it would only allow me access to the (inferior) oryx lounge. I have read different reports of whether oryx is open and how it is being used. Can anyone clarify? The website isn't clear.
Even if I would be allowed access now since my trip would be in about 6 weeks things can change - so - what would the cost be to purchase AM access if I'm not entitled? (I can't see it b/c I'd have to have a ticket already to access the charge on QR site). TIA
If I can save $160 x2 b/c of status that would be great
First, who told you that your OWS status would admit you to the Oryx Lounge.
The Oryx Lounge is not a QR Lounge and is the contract lounge for those airlines except for QR. Also, it's the temporary lounge for PriorityPass card holders.
The inferior lounge that you would normally be admitted would be the QR Business Class status lounge, not the Oryx Lounge.

Currently, all OWS pax are directed to the Al Mourjan Lounge as the QR Business Class status lounge is being used as an accommodation center for those passengers suffered from IRROPS. The Oryx Lounge is open but that's irrelevant for this case.

The actual answer for your question is that you could pay $96 at the gate and access Al Mourjan, if you are not admitted for free at that time. Just a reminder that the paid access would have a 6 hour time limit and if you are planning to stay for more than 6 hours, you would need to pay $96 x 2 = $192; if you are planning to stay over 12 hours you would need to pay $96 x 3 = $288, etc... If you access the lounge through your status, the time limit wouldn't apply.
estnet likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:32 pm

Thanks - I was confused about oryx vs QR business class lounge.
So if things are as they are now I can buy the cheaper R fare but still have access to AM (and save $160 which is the difference btwn classic and comfort).
If it changes I can buy 6 hour access to AM for 96 $USD (then I could go to the business class lounge for excess of 6 hours if necessary based on status). Of course this assumes they don't change the access fee
When u say I'd have to buy it at the gate does that mean I'd have to buy it at sfo (sfo-doh) or could I have a look at the business class lounge then buy access while in transit at DOH at the AM lounge? (IME sometimes staff at out stations aren't really up on changing regulations)
Do I have that right? Thanks VERY much.

First, who told you that your OWS status would admit you to the Oryx Lounge.
The Oryx Lounge is not a QR Lounge and is the contract lounge for those airlines except for QR. Also, it's the temporary lounge for PriorityPass card holders.
The inferior lounge that you would normally be admitted would be the QR Business Class status lounge, not the Oryx Lounge.

Currently, all OWS pax are directed to the Al Mourjan Lounge as the QR Business Class status lounge is being used as an accommodation center for those passengers suffered from IRROPS. The Oryx Lounge is open but that's irrelevant for this case.

The actual answer for your question is that you could pay $96 at the gate and access Al Mourjan, if you are not admitted for free at that time. Just a reminder that the paid access would have a 6 hour time limit and if you are planning to stay for more than 6 hours, you would need to pay $96 x 2 = $192; if you are planning to stay over 12 hours you would need to pay $96 x 3 = $288, etc... If you access the lounge through your status, the time limit wouldn't apply.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks - I was confused about oryx vs QR business class lounge.
So if things are as they are now I can buy the cheaper R fare but still have access to AM (and save $160 which is the difference btwn classic and comfort).
If it changes I can buy 6 hour access to AM for 96 $USD (then I could go to the business class lounge for excess of 6 hours if necessary based on status). Of course this assumes they don't change the access fee
When u say I'd have to buy it at the gate does that mean I'd have to buy it at sfo (sfo-doh) or could I have a look at the business class lounge then buy access while in transit at DOH at the AM lounge? (IME sometimes staff at out stations aren't really up on changing regulations)
Do I have that right? Thanks VERY much.
You could buy Al Mourjan access online in advance, you could buy it at the check-in counter at SFO, you could buy it at Doha at the lounge entrance. It's all up to you. However, I wouldn't suggest purchasing it advance as there is no pre-purchase discount and after you purchase lounge access it's not refundable for any reason including if you cancel your flights, if you are admissible to Al Mourjan through status, etc... so I highly suggest to wait until you arrive at Doha to purchase access. Also, there were multiple reports here in FT that the SFO check-in agents provided incorrect information regarding lounge access in Doha so be aware that they might not have the most accurate information.

Also yes, if you need to pay for Al Mourjan, after 6 hours, you would be able to move to the Business Class status lounge without any extra charge or pay an additional $96 to stay in the Al Mourjan Lounge.
estnet and crackjack like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:49 pm

Thank you sooo much. I already had issues with QR staff in LAX refusing me boarding to MLE when PCR wasn't required (and others at other ap had no problems) so I've learned NOT to rely on them for information. Knowing I can buy access while in transit is exactly what I was hoping! Guess I may go and buy the ticket VBG! They should put u on their payroll - you are more use than their actual staff!

You could buy Al Mourjan access online in advance, you could buy it at the check-in counter at SFO, you could buy it at Doha at the lounge entrance. It's all up to you. However, I wouldn't suggest purchasing it advance as there is no pre-purchase discount and after you purchase lounge access it's not refundable for any reason including if you cancel your flights, if you are admissible to Al Mourjan through status, etc... so I highly suggest to wait until you arrive at Doha to purchase access. Also, there were multiple reports here in FT that the SFO check-in agents provided incorrect information regarding lounge access in Doha so be aware that they might not have the most accurate information.

Also yes, if you need to pay for Al Mourjan, after 6 hours, you would be able to move to the Business Class status lounge without any extra charge or pay an additional $96 to stay in the Al Mourjan Lounge.
Kacee and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you sooo much. I already had issues with QR staff in LAX refusing me boarding to MLE when PCR wasn't required (and others at other ap had no problems) so I've learned NOT to rely on them for information. Knowing I can buy access while in transit is exactly what I was hoping! Guess I may go and buy the ticket VBG! They should put u on their payroll - you are more use than their actual staff!
You're very welcome
estnet likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 3:33 am

Any updates on lounge access for sapphire members flying eco with a friend is am still granting access to them I’m flying in 2 days?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 3:41 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by N Rustovsky
Any updates on lounge access for sapphire members flying eco with a friend is am still granting access to them I’m flying in 2 days?
You'll be able to access the Al Mourjan Business Lounge in HIA and invite 1 guest.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:06 pm

You'll be able to access the Al Mourjan Business Lounge in HIA and invite 1 guest.
thanks would definitely appreciate the space and the supreme lounge 😀
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:54 pm

Is transit allowed outside of Doha airport now? I read tourism was open again for vaccinated individuals - has anyone been thru DOH recently and left the airport? I wonder how this will effect the other lounges if true. Certainly paid lounge access demand won't be as high now.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Is transit allowed outside of Doha airport now? I read tourism was open again for vaccinated individuals - has anyone been thru DOH recently and left the airport? I wonder how this will effect the other lounges if true. Certainly paid lounge access demand won't be as high now.
See Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12
and https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/trave...s/default.aspx

You'll need pre-approval to enter the State of Qatar unless if you're a Qatari National or Resident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.