FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:32 pm
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Thanks - I was confused about oryx vs QR business class lounge.
So if things are as they are now I can buy the cheaper R fare but still have access to AM (and save $160 which is the difference btwn classic and comfort).
If it changes I can buy 6 hour access to AM for 96 $USD (then I could go to the business class lounge for excess of 6 hours if necessary based on status). Of course this assumes they don't change the access fee
When u say I'd have to buy it at the gate does that mean I'd have to buy it at sfo (sfo-doh) or could I have a look at the business class lounge then buy access while in transit at DOH at the AM lounge? (IME sometimes staff at out stations aren't really up on changing regulations)
Do I have that right? Thanks VERY much.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
First, who told you that your OWS status would admit you to the Oryx Lounge.
The Oryx Lounge is not a QR Lounge and is the contract lounge for those airlines except for QR. Also, it's the temporary lounge for PriorityPass card holders.
The inferior lounge that you would normally be admitted would be the QR Business Class status lounge, not the Oryx Lounge.

Currently, all OWS pax are directed to the Al Mourjan Lounge as the QR Business Class status lounge is being used as an accommodation center for those passengers suffered from IRROPS. The Oryx Lounge is open but that's irrelevant for this case.

The actual answer for your question is that you could pay $96 at the gate and access Al Mourjan, if you are not admitted for free at that time. Just a reminder that the paid access would have a 6 hour time limit and if you are planning to stay for more than 6 hours, you would need to pay $96 x 2 = $192; if you are planning to stay over 12 hours you would need to pay $96 x 3 = $288, etc... If you access the lounge through your status, the time limit wouldn't apply.