Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
... half the QR "experience" is the lounge in DOH. I managed to tweak the days, and got the QR fare down to around $2500, including an early morning (2am or so) departure on the way home that reduced the DOH layover down to 3 hours instead of an 8 hour overnight. I would have pulled the trigger on this and sucked up the no-seat-assignment thing, but I was able to get the TK fare at $2255 r/t per person. ATL-CAI // AMM-ATL. So we went with that option instead.
That looks like a rational decision

And it illustrates well the gamble QR faces with a bonkers policy that isn't going to generate a single extra ticket sale, yet risks losing any number of them.

So it's a matter of stacking up the loss of $2500 ticket sales against incremental revenue generated from payments for lounge access and seat reservations.
mcgahat and SFOTraveler1984 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
That looks like a rational decision

And it illustrates well the gamble QR faces with a bonkers policy that isn't going to generate a single extra ticket sale, yet risks losing any number of them.

So it's a matter of stacking up the loss of $2500 ticket sales against incremental revenue generated from payments for lounge access and seat reservations.
This.

I think QR is so short sited to be honest.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 9:57 am

I am flying SEA-DOH-ATH in mid-July in Economy (free ticket, W Economy Class through the Teacher Appreciation Promo). I am OW Sapphire through Alaska Mileage Plan (MVP Gold).

I have a 14 hour layover (arrive at 17:05, depart the next morning at 7:35). I have a room at the Onyx Hotel reserved, but it is $300+.

Will I have access to the Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge? Or are OW Sapphires flying in Economy being sent somewhere else?

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Jun 20, 2021 at 10:07 am
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I am flying SEA-DOH-ATH in mid-July in Economy (free ticket, W Economy Class through the Teacher Appreciation Promo). I am OW Sapphire through Alaska Mileage Plan (MVP Gold).

I have a 14 hour layover (arrive at 17:05, depart the next morning at 7:35). I have a room at the Onyx Hotel reserved, but it is $300+.

Will I have access to the Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge? Or are OW Sapphires flying in Economy being sent somewhere else?
At the moment QR is doing a goodwill gesture and directing all oneworld Sapphire & Emerald members to the Al Mourjan Lounge.
In mid-July, it's not 100% confirmed that you would be able to access the Al Mourjan Lounge but most likely you would as the goodwill gesture is not likely to end until the State of Qatar opens their borders to foreigners.

Although, if the goodwill gesture doesn't continue, you could use the QR Business Class status lounge for free with your OWS status.

For the most accurate situation, I would suggest you to re-ask your question 3-4 days before your flight.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: aa explt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite
I was still given access at AM on an economy fare as OW Emerald.
Single_Flyer and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer

Short answer:
who knows?

Longer answer:
if it's this week - probably yes;
mid-July - who knows?

Helpful hint:
A 6-hour stay in an airside sleep-pod costs a smidge under $100.
That's for a single: a double costs double. But maybe you can sneak a bed-share into a single.
Might be worth booking for insurance against Mourjan-access failure - it certainly beats the hotel alternative on price, if not on facilities.

https://dohahamadairport.com/relaxat...y-sleep-lounge
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:32 am

Opening hours of AM lounge

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Short answer:
who knows?

Longer answer:
if it's this week - probably yes;
mid-July - who knows?
Hi- my first time flying QR. have an 8 hour layover in DOH, Is the AM lounge open 24 hours?

Helpful hint:
A 6-hour stay in an airside sleep-pod costs a smidge under $100.
That's for a single: a double costs double. But maybe you can sneak a bed-share into a single.
Might be worth booking for insurance against Mourjan-access failure - it certainly beats the hotel alternative on price, if not on facilities.

https://dohahamadairport.com/relaxat...y-sleep-lounge
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:35 am

Opening hours of AM lounge

Hi- is this a 24 hour lounge? I have an 8 hour overnight layover and wondering if I can just stay at the lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Iceprincess88
Hi- is this a 24 hour lounge? I have an 8 hour overnight layover and wondering if I can just stay at the lounge.
The Al Mourjan Business Lounge operates 24/7.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:33 am

I also have an 8 hour overnight layover in about 3 weeks. Is Al Mourjan the best (free/affordable) option to catch a few hours of sleep? OWE (AA EXP) travelling on a QR C ticket. Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I see that a lot of the ME routes have changed from Business to First with immediate effect. One would assume that Al Safwa must now be open to justify changing the cabin and to increase the intra ME fares?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:43 pm

Thank you!
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
I see that a lot of the ME routes have changed from Business to First with immediate effect. One would assume that Al Safwa must now be open to justify changing the cabin and to increase the intra ME fares?
As far as I know, only DXB and AUH were coded as J since the flights resumed, but seems to have changed to F now.

The rest (e.g. KSA) were coded as F upon resumption.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Flying DOH-DXB in Y tonight and accessed Al-Mourjan lounge with my status. I asked the lounge desk if Al-Safwa lounge has re-opened, they told me it’s still closed and no indication was given on when it might re-open.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:34 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Two AY Plats = OW Emeralds, one PNR - in next Nov HEL-DOH-MLE and back in QR R restricted business without lounge benefit. Which lounges? Layover in returning would be around 9 hours in the middle of the night, maybe a hotel in transit area?

Last edited by TTL; Jun 29, 2021 at 6:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.