Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by kq747
Business lounge is open; was in there for the first time on Saturday. Thankfully was not very full as it is quite small at least compared to AM
Have you tried using Al Mourjan and were you denied entry over there?
Just trying to figure out if the goodwill gesture for status pax in Y and R fares are over.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
To add to kq747's post, the business class lounge was open early last week and was full. A friend was only charged the lesser fee to access it (~US$60 instead of the greater AM price) and was admitted to AM instead, which was pretty empty according to her.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
To add to kq747's post, the business class lounge was open early last week and was full. A friend was only charged the lesser fee to access it (~US$60 instead of the greater AM price) and was admitted to AM instead, which was pretty empty according to her.
They are sure slow to update web and app!
Old May 10, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by realgaga
Currently, under QR's EOC policy, they waive the refund and no-show penalties for voluntary refunds back to the original form of payment.
So, you can call a QR contact centre and ask your ticket to be refunded.

You can alternatively choose to covert it into a voucher with an extra 10% non-refundable credit given as a courtesy,
Thanks for this realgaga.

I booked my ticket with Skyscanner so I guess that is my first port of call?
It did say on the booking page it was a flexible ticket so will see what happens...if I get a refund I'll book with an airline which is not looking to stiff me with extra fees throughout.
The worst bit about this booking was at no stage was it clear I wouldn't get lounges or seat booking... reminds me of a now defunct UK airline who used to hide their baggage fees to try to charge double at the airport when of course you have no choice.
mcgahat likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by smokie36
Thanks for this realgaga.

I booked my ticket with Skyscanner so I guess that is my first port of call?
It did say on the booking page it was a flexible ticket so will see what happens...if I get a refund I'll book with an airline which is not looking to stiff me with extra fees throughout.
The worst bit about this booking was at no stage was it clear I wouldn't get lounges or seat booking... reminds me of a now defunct UK airline who used to hide their baggage fees to try to charge double at the airport when of course you have no choice.
Yes, you'll have to contact your OTA.
Be aware that although QR won't impose a surcharge or penalty, your OTA might.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Bravada04
........there reply was we are offering our customers much more flexibility.

Hmmmmm. The flexibility to pay extra for the service and comfort that used to be included in the ticket price.

If they had reduced the R fares to compensate for reduced service, they'd at least have some sort of fig leaf to cover the flaccid marketing-speak.

QR hokum at its best.
mcgahat and florin like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Bravada04
I sent an email to them and told them they lost a customer. Even just for the principle. I know losing me don't mean anything to them........
It's true that loss of a single customer isn't going to cause too many tears in QR Towers.

But the aggregate of lost business might. It will take the revenue from an awful lot of lounge visits and seat reservations to make up for each lost business-class ticket.
Old May 10, 2021, 3:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Have you tried using Al Mourjan and were you denied entry over there?
Just trying to figure out if the goodwill gesture for status pax in Y and R fares are over.
Not related to status

I was on an R ticket but missed my connection due to late arrival (connection was 1:10 went to 7:00) so they offered this lounge to wait in for my next flight. First took me to Oryx lounge but it was apparently full. I did ask if I could go to AM instead and they refused due to R ticket. I even said that since my connection was so short I didn't purchase a lounge eligible fare as I would not be able to use it but now that I am forced to have a 7hr connection, they could offer it as a goodwill gesture. Still no. The lounge was fine as it was not very crowded and I took over a family area so was private. Honestly aside from the nicer shower facility, I did not miss AM too much as I was not terribly hungry or looking for champs that morning. But the lounges are definitely worlds apart
nilsfr69, ISTFlyer and charliebos like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by kq747
Not related to status

I was on an R ticket but missed my connection due to late arrival (connection was 1:10 went to 7:00) so they offered this lounge to wait in for my next flight. First took me to Oryx lounge but it was apparently full. I did ask if I could go to AM instead and they refused due to R ticket. I even said that since my connection was so short I didn't purchase a lounge eligible fare as I would not be able to use it but now that I am forced to have a 7hr connection, they could offer it as a goodwill gesture. Still no. The lounge was fine as it was not very crowded and I took over a family area so was private. Honestly aside from the nicer shower facility, I did not miss AM too much as I was not terribly hungry or looking for champs that morning. But the lounges are definitely worlds apart
Thanks for reporting back,

Since December 2020, I have heard that QR was using their status lounges for passengers who have been affected by IRROPS and that's why you were asked used the QR Business Class.
It's nice to hear that this isn't the end of the goodwill gesture.

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
This post also explicitly verifies that the status lounges are only used for IRROPS purposes at this time. All lounge-eligible ( status, Business Comfort & higher, purchased access ) are now able to use Al Mourjan. Obviously this excludes people who purchased entry for the Al Maha Services Lounge which is open at this time.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
On a QSuites R-class ticket outgoing, I-class ticket returning last week. AM was open and welcomed me with zero issues. I am OW Emerald. Lounge was maybe 30% full at most and 5% another time. We generally go in upon arrival for a light snack and cocktail before overnighting at the Oryx airport hotel, then again for breakfast before connecting flight departure, so four AM visits per itinerary. They have a surprisingly good filet on the a la carte menu for us meat eaters.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: CX Gold
From what I read, QR reopened the Oryx lounge? I am OW sapphire and traveling economy this weekend. Will I be going to Oryx or Al Mourjan lounge?
Old May 12, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charliebos
From what I read, QR reopened the Oryx lounge? I am OW sapphire and traveling economy this weekend. Will I be going to Oryx or Al Mourjan lounge?
The Oryx Lounge is not a lounge operated and managed by Qatar Airways. It's the contract lounge at Doha for carriers other than QR.
You would be going to the Al Mourjan Lounge.
Kacee and high.and.above like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by charliebos
can you please post after you travel if you got in AM? Please
charliebos likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: CX Gold
Will do!
Old May 13, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Not sure what was being said above - but I'm Qatar Plat - travelled just now economy DXB to DOH and I'm in Al Mourjan.
Kacee, ISTFlyer and MoonJ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.