Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
So partner award receptions are eligible but QR awards are not?
QR J awards are eligible for Al Mourjan access.
QR J upgrades are not eligible for Al Mourjan access.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:23 pm

Is the access from other OW partners business class passengers into AM a permanent change or temporary?

if permanent, how is the lounge crowd wise?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by NickRivas
Is the access from other OW partners business class passengers into AM a permanent change or temporary?

if permanent, how is the lounge crowd wise?
I think what is being said is there is no change. It has been allowed in the past and is still allowed now. There was a brief period of misinformation with bloggers reporting it was no longer allowed but that is inaccurate.
florin and crackjack like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:24 am

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Originally Posted by robr
Thank you, it was unclear to me if award tickets were included in the lounge access changes that I was reading about.
To confirm, they were included when we transited DOH 12 days ago.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
Hi, i am a bit confused and lazy. Don't want to search all these previous messages + some info is not up to date?

I have two upgraded tickets from Y to J. ZNZ-DOH-HEL Original tickets paid and then paid upgrade online. I have Finnair gold / oneworld sapphire

Am i allowed to enter Al Mourjan? Is my travel companion allowed with me ?(no status)

If no is there a lounge which we can enter?Which one and Is it worth going?

Thank you for helping
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:27 am

Passed through the AM lounge last Friday morning and it was extremely busy. At 5am, there was already a long line for showers and had to wait about 40 minutes.

There was also a very unruly crowd at the bottom of the staircase, where they were taking reservations for the restaurant upstairs. This moved relatively quickly, but still looked very messy. Service in the restaurant was pretty good, but thought food options could have been better.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Joey73
Hi, i am a bit confused and lazy. Don't want to search all these previous messages + some info is not up to date?

I have two upgraded tickets from Y to J. ZNZ-DOH-HEL Original tickets paid and then paid upgrade online. I have Finnair gold / oneworld sapphire

Am i allowed to enter Al Mourjan? Is my travel companion allowed with me ?(no status)

If no is there a lounge which we can enter?Which one and Is it worth going?

Thank you for helping
You are allowed to enter Al Mourjan with a guest due to your status if the Business Class Lounge remains closed when you travel.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
Thank you realgaga. Yes, most likely Business Class lounge is still closed when I arrive next sunday around 5 AM
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:18 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been looking through this thread but am not 100% sure of the answer and wanted some confirmation from everyone here on a question I had. My wife and I are flying PHL-DOH-MLE on O economy tickets in March. That said, I have OneWorld Sapphire through my AA Platinum status.

Am I understanding correctly that as of right now, not only would I have access to the Al Mourjan lounge through my OWS status but that I also would be able to get my wife into the lounge as a complimentary guest? Just wanted to understand correctly before our trip! Thanks for the help in advance!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jlittman93
Hi everyone!

I've been looking through this thread but am not 100% sure of the answer and wanted some confirmation from everyone here on a question I had. My wife and I are flying PHL-DOH-MLE on O economy tickets in March. That said, I have OneWorld Sapphire through my AA Platinum status.

Am I understanding correctly that as of right now, not only would I have access to the Al Mourjan lounge through my OWS status but that I also would be able to get my wife into the lounge as a complimentary guest? Just wanted to understand correctly before our trip! Thanks for the help in advance!
​​​​​​
Right now, yes. By March, who knows...
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:53 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Qatar Platinum, Virgin Australia Platinum, BA Gold
The lounge tonight is completely full - a lot of people are not able to find any seats. There is currently about 40 people queuing to go upstairs to the restaurant/buffet section (one in, one out)
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
but of a random question. i just checked in for my flight in the US (flying economy) and noticed that my boarding pass says OW Sapphire. i don’t currently hold status but did when i booked the ticket. i presume this is a mistake on their end. what are the odds that i can use this to my advantage and perhaps be let in? do they go by what is written on the ticket?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:59 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by rvlcr
but of a random question. i just checked in for my flight in the US (flying economy) and noticed that my boarding pass says OW Sapphire. i don’t currently hold status but did when i booked the ticket. i presume this is a mistake on their end. what are the odds that i can use this to my advantage and perhaps be let in? do they go by what is written on the ticket?
They scan the barcode on the BP at the entrance of Al Mourjan. If it says you hold status you'll highly likely be allowed in.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rvlcr
It is not rare that the status from time of booking sticks to be printed on the boarding pass. Though there is a risk that they refresh the status at departure time meaning you'll be rejected at the lounge.

Enjoy it if it sticks, don't be disappointed if it does not.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 18, 2021 at 2:34 am
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
They scan the barcode on the BP at the entrance of Al Mourjan. If it says you hold status you'll highly likely be allowed in.
thank you. what is the current guest policy for AM with the biz class lounge being closed? assuming my sapphire status holds, could i (in theory) bring in a guest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.