Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
If there is a line at the main showers, try the showers back in the Quiet Room. There was a waitlist 10 deep tonight (~7:00pm) at the main showers but only 4 people in the back. Only waited about 10 minutes to get in. The room still lacks ventilation, but the water was actually cool enough to be refreshing.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:49 pm

Am currently sat at the bar upstairs in Al Mourjan, marvelling at the patience of the bar staff. It's frenetic at the moment (00:45) and the amount of people strolling up and barking orders or worse helping themselves across the counter is unexpected (for me at least)!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Can I check if the rules have changed for access to the Al Moujan. If I am flying J class OW, but not QR can I access the AL Noujan lounge?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:31 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Slotski
Can I check if the rules have changed for access to the Al Moujan. If I am flying J class OW, but not QR can I access the AL Noujan lounge?
You will have access to the Al Mourjan.

M
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:16 pm

First time in this lounge recently and it's the opposite of Al Safwa!
Incredible, we were there in the morning around 8AM
and it was a zoo. Nor sure, but must be at least 2000 people, maybe more.
No way to try any food, it was all crazy busy.
Got a glass of orange juice and left. Never again.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:52 am
Suspended

Is it just me or did the yet-to-open lounge at the D&E concourses lose its blue chairs? I remember seeing al Mourjan-style chairs there a while ago from downstairs, but recently it was empty.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
First time in this lounge for me and it's eerily quiet at 9pm. If there are 15 to 20 passengers here, I'd be surprised. Although flying on Sri Lankan and issued with a lounge invitation to the Oryx lounge, thanks to Flyertalk and as a BA Gold card holder, went to this lounge. It's simply stunning and enjoying a glass of Smith Haut Lafitte Grand Cru 2011.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:35 am

Re: lounge access

I'll be arriving DEL to DOH at 11:45am in biz class on QR, then DOH to BAH the next day in economy (2:40am) on QR.

Will I have access to the QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge?

I've read that there's an arrivals lounge? Is that the same QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge or something different?

I'm also looking to leaving the airport for awhile then coming back.

I'd like to check out the lounge either before I leave the airport or after I come back, if possible.

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by travelbarefeet
Re: lounge access

I'll be arriving DEL to DOH at 11:45am in biz class on QR, then DOH to BAH the next day in economy (2:40am) on QR.

Will I have access to the QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge?

I've read that there's an arrivals lounge? Is that the same QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge or something different?

I'm also looking to leaving the airport for awhile then coming back.

I'd like to check out the lounge either before I leave the airport or after I come back, if possible.

Thanks
travelbarefeet welcome to the QR forum. As you may have already discovered the QR dashboard can be a very useful tool.

Your flighttime DEL-DOH is under 5 hours so you do not have access to Al Mourjan.
There are two arrivals lounges but they are for passengers arriving into DOH, not transit lounges. You qualify to use them upon arrival from DEL.

All of this information plus much more is available from the dashboard 'About DOH airport' with its links.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:15 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Is there a map online anywhere of the lounge?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Not very good but...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=al...I19KM:&spf=194

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=al...ZY49M:&spf=203
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by sxc
sxc a map! you must be joking! This is QR!
Seriously I have never seen one of Al Mourjan.
In early November 2015, shortly after it finally opened, there was a map of Al Safwa published on the forum but it had disappeared by mid March 2016.
Until November last year the maps of the airport were from November 2013, six months before the airport opened, and showed nine or ten gates! Even to this day the best map showing departure gates is the Oneworld terminal plan for HIA! And that has errors.
There are supposed to be apps about the airport that are more informative but I have never used them.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:09 am

Thanks impeymac that map has been very much missed! Our posts crossed each other but I stand by my comments. You note that the map is from an outside source.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by remdk
travelbarefeet welcome to the QR forum. As you may have already discovered the QR dashboard can be a very useful tool.

Your flighttime DEL-DOH is under 5 hours so you do not have access to Al Mourjan.
There are two arrivals lounges but they are for passengers arriving into DOH, not transit lounges. You qualify to use them upon arrival from DEL.

All of this information plus much more is available from the dashboard 'About DOH airport' with its links.
Yes, there's alot of information out there, you are correct. And I've tried searching/researching for the answers before asking. For example, this is the first time I've heard about this 5 hr rule. I've not come across this yet.

I've also tried contacting QR, this is the response I got:

"For the first sector at Delhi Airport you will be able to use the premium lounge while traveling from Doha class you will not be entitled to lounge access as you will be traveling in economy."

So yes, there's alot of information out there and it's not as simple as you make it seem that everything can be found by looking up the dashboard.

Last edited by travelbarefeet; Apr 24, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
Thanks impeymac that map has been very much missed! Our posts crossed each other but I stand by my comments. You note that the map is from an outside source.
No problem, you're very welcome. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.