Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
What an underwhelming lounge...the food options were a joke/not good overall, and there seemed to be way too many lounge staff being idle/getting in the way.

I noticed that there were rest areas to the far right (when entering the lounge), but the purpose is defeated when people are able to use their mobile phones. Guess my expectations were too high after having visited the premium terminal a few times.
There is another rest area if you go through the business centre which was quieter when I was there.

I was also a bit disappointed with the lounge. I built in a longer layover to enjoy the lounge but it wasn't so much fun in the end. Will keep the layovers short in future and just pop in for a drink.

Last edited by wheatbeer; Jan 20, 2017 at 5:09 am Reason: Wrong quote used
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I have just short of a 3 hour layover next month at DOH taking a shower before I hop on the 9 pm ish flight to SIN is important to me. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen from what I read here. Do I have any other one world lounge options?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by enviroian
I have just short of a 3 hour layover next month at DOH taking a shower before I hop on the 9 pm ish flight to SIN is important to me. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen from what I read here. Do I have any other one world lounge options?
It may be possible. I've managed to get a shower in during a 90 minute layover at the Al Mourjan.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I have an upcoming 3.5 hour connection (0500-0830). What have people's recent experiences been like waiting for a shower at that time? Will likely seek a shower as soon as I arrive at the lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
I've a fairly lengthy B2B in CAI later this year and I've been debating leaving my suitcase in an Al Mourjan luggage locker while I head to CAI and back. In total it'd probably be around 13 hours... are there any time limits on the usage of these baggage lockers?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dakaix
OT: I've a fairly lengthy B2B in CAI later this year and I've been debating leaving my suitcase in an Al Mourjan locker while I head to CAI and back. In total it'd probably be around 13 hours... are there any time limits on the usage of these baggage lockers?
When you put a bag into the lockers a member of staff records the details of your next onward flight off your boarding pass; at a wild guess if your locker is still locked and the bag is still in there 20mins before your flight they might be raising a security alert. So if some diligence is used, my guess from what I have seen in locker room is that you might have some difficulty with this.

As another data point - when I did my DIY Night tour of Doha (using the QR transit visa), one of the lounge dragons at the bottom of the escalators up to the lounge voiced very considerable concerns that I was planning to leave the airport for a couple of hours with a bag left in the locker. Not that the concerns of the dragon stopped me from doing what I wanted to do, but it does indicate an expectation that you should be remaining in the airport whilst your hand luggage is stored.

Last edited by plunet; Jan 23, 2017 at 7:45 am Reason: Added additional info
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dakaix
I've a fairly lengthy B2B in CAI later this year and I've been debating leaving my suitcase in an Al Mourjan luggage locker while I head to CAI and back. In total it'd probably be around 13 hours... are there any time limits on the usage of these baggage lockers?
I'm not 100% sure, but the baggage locker setup is completely self-service, so I'd think that you wouldn't run into any issues assuming you do return within a reasonable time.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jan 23, 2017 at 10:16 am
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by dkc192
I have an upcoming 3.5 hour connection (0500-0830). What have people's recent experiences been like waiting for a shower at that time? Will likely seek a shower as soon as I arrive at the lounge.
Expect a long wait but you have a very high chance to get a shower when your connection time is over 3 hours.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm not 100% sure, but the baggage locker setup is completely self-service, so I'd think that you wouldn't run into any issues assuming you do return within a reasonable time.
When I was there in November it definately wasn't self service - there was a staff member in attendance and was taking careful notes of my ticket, onward flight and which locker I had used.

This question was double posted and I also responded in the Arrivals Lounge thread
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by plunet
When I was there in November it definately wasn't self service - there was a staff member in attendance and was taking careful notes of my ticket, onward flight and which locker I had used.

This question was double posted and I also responded in the Arrivals Lounge thread
Guess things have changed since my June '16 visit. Thanks for the update.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
If you a desperate for a shower and don't want to wait too long, you can try your luck at the Oneworld Business Class Lounge (the one for non-Qatar business class passengers and Oneworld Sapphire passengers not travelling in business). They also have showers there and weren't too busy during my last visit in December.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4
Expect a long wait but you have a very high chance to get a shower when your connection time is over 3 hours.
I'm curious if those of you who have had long shower waits are men or women? I have always walked right into a shower with no wait. I'm wondering if the women's shower room is always less busy, or if I have just been lucky so far.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by cctible
I'm curious if those of you who have had long shower waits are men or women? I have always walked right into a shower with no wait. I'm wondering if the women's shower room is always less busy, or if I have just been lucky so far.
Men.
I guess there's is an equal number of men and women showers but more men traveling business class...

Last edited by Matt4; Jan 24, 2017 at 5:21 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
When I went at around 5am I waited around 10 mins but this is definitely when it begins to get busy. I think you'll be able to get one if you go straight there.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by cctible
i have managed to walk straight into the Ladies showers without any wait at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.