Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by natcin
okay thanks! are there business class priority lanes for security, and if so are they enforced?
natcin both the East and West transit security areas have priority lanes. They are not very well signposted but they are in the middle of the security area. This is one area where the rules are enforced!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum
thanks again!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:43 pm
soy

Programs: various
Hi - Is there a print facility in the Lounge business centre?

I have some docs that I need to print during a layover tomorrow night.

TIA
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by soy
Hi - Is there a print facility in the Lounge business centre?

I have some docs that I need to print during a layover tomorrow night.

TIA
Yes, used them a few times in business centre
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)
Flying QR for the first time soon, Al mourjan or OWE lounge?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:34 am

oliver_dvs tou give no details as to your journey (origin, destination, dates, flights, cabin class etc.) so all I can do is refer you to this thread and the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html.

If you qualify then you should use the Al Mourjan lounge. It is a quantum leap better than most other lounges.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)
Originally Posted by remdk
oliver_dvs tou give no details as to your journey (origin, destination, dates, flights, cabin class etc.) so all I can do is refer you to this thread and the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html.

If you qualify then you should use the Al Mourjan lounge. It is a quantum leap better than most other lounges.
Sorry about that

It's HKG-DOH-BRU

arr at DOH 4:30AM

It's an early morning arrival (arriving on Friday) which I heard it's a busy time.

Flying in business, but also an Emerald member.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:58 am

oliver_dvs since you are flying into and out of DOH in J on QR then you will have access to Al Mourjan. OW status does not give access to either Al Mourjan or Al Safwa.

OW status determines which of Business Class (OWS) or First class lounge (OWE) you can use when travelling in Economy.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/lounges.html also contains information about Al Safwa and Al Mourjan.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:13 am

I am flying SIN-DOH-EDI this week.

I used the online upgrade offer to upgrade from Y to J on SIN-DOH. Will I be able to use the Al Mourjan lounge in DOH even though my DOH-EDI leg is in Y?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:32 am

mirnacharlattan according to the access rules then provided your incoming flight in J is over five hours, which it is,then you will have access to Al Mourjan.

However recently QR introduced a rule to Al Safwa that if your transfer was over eight hours then there was no access to Al Safwa if not departing DOH in F. If this hs filtered down to Al Mourjan I do not know. There have been no reports of it so I assume not.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Al Mourjan quiet areas

Guys

I need a refresh course on where are the better quiet areas for our upcoming trip in August that would have a long layover on the MIA-DOH-CPT itinerary.

Our last times at Al Mourjan were in 2015.
In both 2016 and 2017 we were in QR F so used the Al Safwa (and the wonderful quiet room) instead. So my memory on Al Mourjan is not very good now.

I only vaguely remember at Al Mourjan there is a quiet area once you enter and immediately turn right - but that area is not really quiet per se as I remember I could hear children's scream from the main hall below.

Also I knew where the deli / sandwich place was - some said near the deli there is a family area that could substitute as quiet area.

I could not figure out the quiet area people said that was near the business center, as well as the less busy shower facility.

Could someone kindly give a quick summary? (I wish there is a Wiki on the lounge regarding those important things...)

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
In order of preference I would go for..

1) Quiet area to the right of sandwich bar
2) Family area to the left of sandwich bar
3) Sleeping area behind business centre
4) Sleeping area to the right as you enter Al Mourjan

The quiet area has cubicles usually with a leather cushioned couch and single chair which I found more comfortable than the thin beds in the sleeping areas. It is also darker there.

The sleeping area behind the business centre is hard to miss, you literally walk in and out the other side of the business centre.

I find the showers by the quiet area to the right of the sandwich bar the best as there are more of them.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:25 pm

Happy there are some 'quiet' rooms to the right of the entrance but they are not fully enclosed and are on the open balcony above the main concourse.
There are also a number of family 'rooms', more like open alcoves, on the left almost at the end of the Deli.
What you are looking for is on the right hand side of the Deli. Just past the business centre there is a corridor that leads to a shower area. further down on the right there is a corridor on the right, within the Deli that leads to a number of 'resting' pods that even have doors! That is my recollection of the layout of the lounge.

With regard to a Wiki it could be done if there was a decent plan of Al Mourjan upon which to base it. The only one I have seen was, I think, on Google and, as far as I recall, was hand drawn on a paper serviette and appeared to be inaccurate!

There is also a chronic lack of signs in the lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot for the detailed information.

Last time when I walked all the way to the Deli I never realized there were still different areas around the Deli. But that is already better than my husband who insisted there was no Deli and claimed he had walked the whole lounge!

I 100% agree about the lack of signs in the lounge.

The explanations help a lot as we arrive at 5:25pm and not depart until 2:59am the next morning! We definitely would make good use of the quiet areas near the Deli.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:07 am

Coming from Beirut to Doha and to Singapore. First leg in business and second leg in economy. Any chance that i get access to Al moujan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.