Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:37 am

tboons since you are not arriving in longhaul J (5+ hours flighttime) and you are continuing in Y then no you will not be given access.

The access rules are simple:- Departing DOH in J (or F), on a QR or OW flight or arriving in longhaul J.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
I'm coming through Doha this Friday morning landing around 0:50 & leaving at 05:40, how busy is the lounge during this period. Will I be able to find anywhere for a kip or will it just be chairs?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:12 pm

DorsetKnob welcome to the QR forum. You will probably find the QR dashboard a useful tool when browsing this forum.

The lounge is usually very busy indeed until about 1.30 am during the late evening departures and starts to get busy again at about 5.00 am building up to the morning departures. In between those times the lounge can be very quiet.

There are relaxation rooms to the right as you enter the lounge (Rather noisy I am afraid)! There are family rooms on the left about halfway through the Deli. (Again rather noisy and reserved for families). And finally, almost opposite, the family rooms are a number of rest cabins at the end of an unmarked corridor near the Deli service area. All are on a first come first served basis and there can be a waiting list.

In addition there are long sofas dotted around the lounge that are quite comfortable unless you are ten feet tall!

Finally there are a few, very few, chairs that are designed for comfort and not show!

You may also find the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html helpful.
commontraveller likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
tboons since you are not arriving in longhaul J (5+ hours flighttime) and you are continuing in Y then no you will not be given access.

The access rules are simple:- Departing DOH in J (or F), on a QR or OW flight or arriving in longhaul J.
Afaik access to Al Mourjan is restricted to those holding a bp on any QR flight out of DOH in biz or first, passengers on other OW flights premium cabins are excluded from accessing the lounge
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:38 pm

stijnec the rule excluding OW passengers was abolishes over a year ago.
The rule as stated on theWiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html are "The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers".
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
And finally, almost opposite the family rooms, are a number of rest cabins at the end of an unmarked corridor near the Deli service area.
I've used these, and they're well suited to purpose. They have TVs, sofas and relaxing chairs. They're in the "back" shower area. Go through the deli; there's a break in the counter on the right between the San Pellegrino display and the coffee machine. Turn right there, walk down that corridor to the end, through the doorway and you'll come to the reception desk for showers. These "rooms" are opposite the desk. It's a quiet area, and the rooms are somewhat darkened. Perfect for relaxing or a nap.
commontraveller and Leninist like this.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
stijnec the rule excluding OW passengers was abolishes over a year ago.
The rule as stated on theWiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html are "The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers".
I stand corrected!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I'm connecting through DOH soon landing and 23:35 and departing at 03:30. Do they do eggs benedict in Al Mourjan at these times please?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:56 pm

stijnec until about fifteen months ago the access rules for Al Mourjan changed almost daily. They have now stabilised and, with a couple of small adjustments, have remained basically same for over a year. Even QRs webpage for Al Mourjan once said at the top of the page access was for 'QR and OW First and business class passengers' and that access was for 'QR First and Business class passengers only' at the bottom!

Given the many very mixed messages it is hardly surprising that the access rules are not clear to everyone. Even I have to stop and look them up at times!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:50 pm

Are their hair dryers available in the shower rooms?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by jmj9905
I don't think so.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by jmj9905
There are none in the shower room.
There might be a chance they have some on request, but I can't confirm this as I have never asked
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:28 am

jmj9905 some months ago there were none in the showers but you could request one from the staff.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:49 am

thanks all for the information.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia
Hello
one question:when the Al Mourjan lounge is more crowded?Next September 22th,I will arrive to Doha 3am and my flight to Madrid leaves at 8 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.