QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Originally Posted by Schwann
What is your fare class? That'll decide if you get access to one of the AM or status lounges.
Were c class, so we have access to AM
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I see the Hamad Airport map on the app has just been updated today to include the 2 Al Mourjan North lounges and Gold/Platinum North lounge along with the Silver North lounge so I think the opening of all the remaining lounges must be imminent.

Last edited by Neilgcal; Dec 20, 2022 at 3:09 pm
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: AS 100K
for the people who have transited through DOH after AM-North opened, has the main AM lounge been not as crowded during peak periods or does it still get packed to the gills?
Old Dec 25, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Do any of the AM lounges have sleeping areas (eg full recline chairs or lie-flat pods like in the BA T5 First Lounge for those that have been there)?
Old Dec 25, 2022, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
Do any of the AM lounges have sleeping areas (eg full recline chairs or lie-flat pods like in the BA T5 First Lounge for those that have been there)?
There is a sleeping area in the AM South, behind the sandwich bar, and there are pods to the right of reception when you enter.
​​​​
LondonAussie likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:35 pm

From QR Biz to AA Biz, can we access AM Business Lounge?

I am going to fly MLE-DOH on QR, followed by DOH-JFK on AA. Both legs are on the same award ticket in business class seats redeemed using AA miles.

Do I have access to AM Business Lounge?

If it matters, I am OWE.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by samwkchan
I am going to fly MLE-DOH on QR, followed by DOH-JFK on AA. Both legs are on the same award ticket in business class seats redeemed using AA miles.

Do I have access to AM Business Lounge?

If it matters, I am OWE.
Business class awards gives access to the Al Mourjan lounge. OWE does not matter at all.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
for the people who have transited through DOH after AM-North opened, has the main AM lounge been not as crowded during peak periods or does it still get packed to the gills?
Passed through a couple of weeks back from around 11pm to 1am and it was much more civilized compared to before, so it definitely appears to have improved dramatically. Hadn't been in it since December 2021 when it was literally the worst lounge experience I had ever seen, with no seats and a queue to get upstairs to the restaurant.
atcanobbio likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is a sleeping area in the AM South, behind the sandwich bar, and there are pods to the right of reception when you enter.
​​​​
However the sleeping area in AM South is usually full unless you happen to arrive at an off-peak time - you can forget getting in during the busy times.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwann
However the sleeping area in AM South is usually full unless you happen to arrive at an off-peak time - you can forget getting in during the busy times.
I have only wanted to use it once. Which was arriving around 11pm and worked out fine.
​​​​​
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by jah718
Passed through a couple of weeks back from around 11pm to 1am and it was much more civilized compared to before, so it definitely appears to have improved dramatically. Hadn't been in it since December 2021 when it was literally the worst lounge experience I had ever seen, with no seats and a queue to get upstairs to the restaurant.
I'm transiting through DOH tomorrow between 530pm and 730pm which are peak transit times. I'm Going to try out the new lounge while I am there...we'll see how it is,.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:33 pm

Hello everyone!

I've got 2 separate questions.
First is that I will be flying AA-marketed flights but operated by QR CGK-DOH-JFK. Class will be business C-class on my way to JFK, I-class on my way back to CGK. I just noticed that seat selection is a paid service on I-fare segments. Does that mean that i will NOT get access to Al Mourjan when flying this ticket? It feels like AA I is translated into restricted QR R business fare class, or it's just seat selection and everything is OK with the lounge?

Second question is, if I have Privilege Club platinum, but I fly QR economy, do i get access to Al Mourjan?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:13 pm

Was there last week between 530 and 730 pm and short wait for the restaurant but otherwise plenty of open seats. Didnt try for a shower.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Is there a URL listing lounge policy based on status, ticket type...? I'm traveling on a D fare. Which lounge would I have access to, and for a 9 hour day layover (arriving at 6 PM or so, and departing around 3 AM) where I don't need sleep, is it worth booking a hotel, or will I be able to work on my laptop in the lounge?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Is there a URL listing lounge policy based on status, ticket type...? I'm traveling on a D fare. Which lounge would I have access to, and for a 9 hour day layover (arriving at 6 PM or so, and departing around 3 AM) where I don't need sleep, is it worth booking a hotel, or will I be able to work on my laptop in the lounge?
I would go to the Al Mourjan North lounge. It will probably be quieter. You have access with a D ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.