Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Stopped back in last night... It was slightly less crowded than Saturday night. Tried the cheese plate and cookie skillet ice cream this time. Also pleased to report they still had the incredible The Prisioner Red Blend

-FlyerBeek
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Had a lengthy layover while waiting for London flight. Enjoyed breakfast in the dining area, rested in the daybed area for a bit, then drinks and buffet nibbles before boarding. Actually chose ORD routing to avoid the EWR PL...and get a slightly longer LHR flight for some sleep.
Buffet not up to pre-covid levels, but not bad tasting. Would have been better if the hot food was kept at better temperature.

I was the only passenger in the dining area. Attentive service, and food was tasty. Even got a breakfast desert, as it was close to change over time...

IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Looking forward to trying the PLs again. Booked a quick trip to Europe for later this month and I'm forced through EWR based on where I'm going. So will try the EWR PL again on the outbound and return. But I added EWR-ORD-xxx to the return for $5 in taxes and will get to use the ORD PL. Been a few years, like everyone else, since I got to use the PLs and I'm happy they're open again.

Will report back about the two lounges after my trip.

-RM
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
I had a chance to visit the ORD Polaris Lounge last Sunday before my ORD-FRA connection, it was great to see it open again. I was rushed for time and only enjoyed the buffet options, but it was just like old times to have a full pour glass of Prisoner before leaving! I’m looking forward to visiting the SFO Polaris Lounge on my return leg home.

2022 Airports: FRA, HAM, HNL, LIH, ORD, SFO, SNA
kirkwoodj and MikeW_ORD like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Any photos of the lunch/dinner items?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Due to the lax late opening ,will come back thru ord.
any idea what time the polaris lounge in chicago opens currently? Seems to say 0600 some places online,0715others?

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
Due to the lax late opening ,will come back thru ord.
any idea what time the polaris lounge in chicago opens currently? Seems to say 0600 some places online,0715others?

Thanks
UA says 6:00am
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Even got a breakfast desert, as it was close to change over time...
When I was there late Jan, my waiter suggested to me that you can get dessert anytime. I ordered the cookie skillet along with the another table around 8:30am.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The lounge opens at 6am? Will I have time to order and eat quickly if I have a flight at 7:15am?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I went through the ORD PL a couple of days ago. The potato pancakes were flat out gross with zero flavor. The burger has the same review I posted in the EWR PL thread from January -- it's a reheated frozen patty that's watery, not nearly as good as the original PL burger from pre-Covid, and the bun is so much bigger than the patty (I personally hate that when it comes to burgers). The service was fantastic though.

-RM
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
The lounge opens at 6am? Will I have time to order and eat quickly if I have a flight at 7:15am?
You will only be able to eat at the buffet, the sit down dining does not open until 7am, you won't be missing much from the dining room. The buffet has everything you need to make the same omelette and the sandwich is mediocre, IMO the star of the breakfast menu is the avocado toast and the last time I had it I went to the buffet to get bacon to top the toast.
Xyzzy and Cthunder86 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
First time back to the ORD PL since it closed.

Soup was ok. Not sure what I was eating with the potato pancake

Chicken was ok, not overcooked but a little bit lacking flavor

A little underwhelmed with dessert

Saw carrot cake at the buffet. Better than the strange apple and crappy cookie at EWR and IAD so I had to try it.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Stopped back in last night... It was slightly less crowded than Saturday night. Tried the cheese plate and cookie skillet ice cream this time. Also pleased to report they still had the incredible The Prisioner Red Blend

-FlyerBeek
What a great shot. I'm scrounging for cheese now.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I was in for a bit on Saturday. Very calm and relaxing during the late morning hours. By mid afternoon, gets quite busy.
Better then EWR in all respects, which I guess isn't a surprise.

Edit: Almost forgot....when the 2nd bartender arrived, she "seeded" the bar rail with $20s laying about. Pretty tacky.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Edit: Almost forgot....when the 2nd bartender arrived, she "seeded" the bar rail with $20s laying about. Pretty tacky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.