Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
In here and other threads I keep seeing reports of Polaris Lounges being overcrowded, sometimes no seats available, etc. I don't understand how this happens. The PL user base is a very narrowly defined customer segment: people with long haul J or F tickets. There are no credit card holders, no one time passes, no *G admittance, etc. There is a finite number of J/F seats leaving from the airport every day which UA is well aware of. Why didn't they build enough capacity for this? Seems like a rather stunning failure by UA?
Steve M likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
In here and other threads I keep seeing reports of Polaris Lounges being overcrowded, sometimes no seats available, etc. I don't understand how this happens. The PL user base is a very narrowly defined customer segment: people with long haul J or F tickets. There are no credit card holders, no one time passes, no *G admittance, etc. There is a finite number of J/F seats leaving from the airport every day which UA is well aware of. Why didn't they build enough capacity for this? Seems like a rather stunning failure by UA?
Additionally you have departing partner business class passengers.

There are at least three other factors
-- Utilization -- one would never expect 100% utilization, but utilization could be higher expected due to popularity. Also more may have switch from UC.
-- Stay duration -- how longer one stays in the lounge; Originating passenger how early do they arrive. Connection passenger, how long between flights. This be running higher as folk arrive early to spend more time due to popularity or connection times may have increased.
-- Demand -- if flights are spread out over the day versus being bunch at a few time periods. Same number of passenger peak demand could vary based on schedules. A change in domestic and/or international banks would have a significant impact.

At the time of determining capacity UA estimated these factors but for a variety of reasons these factors may have changed which could lead to problems at certain times.

There was a lot of speculation of these factors as the PL opened and the guesses at the period appear to suggest there might be few limited peak periods but generally OK. Unfortunately, this is far more than X number of passengers per day.
Unimatrix One and Global321 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:08 am
Suspended

Anyone know If the dining room closes at 7? Taking the 9pm to lhr and was hoping to have dinner
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:39 am

I don't understand having a premium business lounge where one of the main ideas is you can eat before boarding so you can get more sleep on the flight...and then closing dinner at 7pm when there are flights at 9pm, 10pm, etc.

What's the point?
Xyzzy, as219, goodeats21 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
New Menu - July/2022

Green Juice + Eggs Benedict
cesco.g and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:50 pm
Suspended

First time back in a PL since COVID, service and food is way worse. Didn’t realize how tiny the ORD PL is versus sfo, place is jam packed.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Yes ORD is smaller, but food/service way better! At least it was!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:23 pm

ORD Polaris Lounge is very good---have been in 2 times in June and July
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leoo

Thanks for sharing the new menu! Overall the new menu items look appealing.
Foremost the eggs benedict which I always enjoy - now if they'd have a smoked salmon option I'd be really excited!
leoo and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by leoo

Looks decent but-for the front half of the plate swimming in ... butter?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:02 am

The hollandaise sauce clearly split as it was overheated - it turned into butter & scrambled eggs. I'm surprised they served this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
We had breakfast here today. Fiancee ordered the omelet with potatoes. I ordered the hummus caprese toast with a poached egg. Potatoes came out raw, and the poached egg was way overcooked, more akin to a boiled egg. With that said, the hummus caprese toast was really yummy. I would warmly recommend it
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I ordered the eggs benedict and it was very good. Later I walked over to the buffet and grabbed more bacon, the bacon was of normal store package quality which is better than I can say of the paper thin hotel bacon.

The best part was the new bartender working afternoons. He was phenomenal, working 20 years as a bartender and he could mix anything and do it superbly. I tipped that guy $20. Sadly I doubt United can hang onto him, he could work any downtown hotel bar and make 100k a year easy.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Any photos of the white fish?
I got distracted and made the mistake of eating it before taking a photo and want one for my records

also, I didn't see it in the menu but apparently you have optional toppings for the burger: bacon, egg, avavado, and something else

Last edited by eng3; Aug 18, 2022 at 4:02 pm
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Potato leek chowder and Buffalo cauliflower, I thought both were good. Definitely better than the cauliflower on board.

Cookie skillet and Banoffee pie, Really like the banoffee pie. Cookie wasnt heated enough but at least ice cream wasnt a rock

I also got the whitefish but forgot to take a photo. If anyone remembered to post a photo, please post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.