Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Was flying through ORD Polaris back home to PDX and have to say I think it’s the best Polaris I have used yet. Nicer layout than EWR and SFO. Shawn in the restaurant was helpful in showing me where they kept the hot chocolate powder so I could a cup for myself.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Access to ORD Polaris lounge when flying LOT

Will be flying ORD-KRK in J on LOT this summer originating right out of ORD. Will I be able to access the polaris lounge without re-clearing security? I read online that there is an airside shuttle bus, but with all the construction on the trains/roads I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull this off. I've never used the Polaris lounge before and looking forward to checking it out with my wife.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Yes you are, its very easy, provided you are arriving on a flight in the main terminal. Its a one way bus to terminal 5
So you cant check in at terminal 5, then go to the lounge, and then come back

https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/myf...s/default.aspx
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by hi55us
Will be flying ORD-KRK in J on LOT this summer originating right out of ORD. Will I be able to access the polaris lounge without re-clearing security? I read online that there is an airside shuttle bus, but with all the construction on the trains/roads I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull this off. I've never used the Polaris lounge before and looking forward to checking it out with my wife.
ATS (the people-mover train) should be up and running by summer, so:

(1) no checked bags: check in online, print at home or digital boarding pass, go straight to Terminal 1, clear security, visit lounge, leave plenty of time before boarding starts, take airside shuttle bus to Terminal 5. If you want to check your carry-on-legal bags you can check them at the gate.

(2) with checked bags you can't take through security: (this may not be worth it) check in in person at T5 at when they open 3 hours before departure, take train to T1 (or bus if the train is not up yet), clear security, visit lounge for maybe 1 hour, leave plenty of time before boarding, take airside shuttle bus to T5.

Note that in T5, near your gate, you'll have access to Air France, SWISS, and SAS lounges, which may be a better option if you have checked bags.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by threeoh
ATS (the people-mover train) should be up and running by summer, so:

(1) no checked bags: check in online, print at home or digital boarding pass, go straight to Terminal 1, clear security, visit lounge, leave plenty of time before boarding starts, take airside shuttle bus to Terminal 5. If you want to check your carry-on-legal bags you can check them at the gate.

(2) with checked bags you can't take through security: (this may not be worth it) check in in person at T5 at when they open 3 hours before departure, take train to T1 (or bus if the train is not up yet), clear security, visit lounge for maybe 1 hour, leave plenty of time before boarding, take airside shuttle bus to T5.

Note that in T5, near your gate, you'll have access to Air France, SWISS, and SAS lounges, which may be a better option if you have checked bags.
Thanks for the great information,

Air France partners with LOT? I can access that with my Priority Pass card, was surprised a *A biz ticket would get me access.

Is the Polaris lounge a big step up from SWISS/SAS? I got the feeling it was and was worth doing the inter-terminal shuffle.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
Air France partners with LOT? I can access that with my Priority Pass card, was surprised a *A biz ticket would get me access.

I was surprised too, given that there are two *A lounges within a 5-minute walk, but that's what the *A website says:

https://www.staralliance.com/en/airp...irportCode=ORD

Is the Polaris lounge a big step up from SWISS/SAS? I got the feeling it was and was worth doing the inter-terminal shuffle.
I think it's a step up; personally I'd probably hit it up if I didn't have checked bags, and not bother if I had to check bags (requires one more terminal transfer and limits time in lounge to ~1 hour).
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:51 am

I have to move a BR flight from JFK by a day, looking at an option through ORD. When the Polaris lounge says a 9pm closing, is it like Centurion lounges (at least what I've experienced at PHL) where they stop serving drinks at 8:30, start removing dishes and closing up shop at that point and have essentially pushed everyone out by 9, or is it where they do last call around 8:45-9p and then start pushing people out once the lounge is closed at 9?

I'd prefer ORD if I could do an hour or so of Polaris first, but probably not if I would walk into them closing up.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:54 pm

Can someone post the updated alcohol menu? Do they still serve Angel's Envy, Whistlepig and Casamigos?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sailpgd
Can someone post the updated alcohol menu? Do they still serve Angel's Envy, Whistlepig and Casamigos?
Definitely yes to Whistlepig, and I am pretty sure yes to Angel's Envy and Casamigos.

I don't believe there is a printed menu for any of the liquor.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I fly out of SFO so I'm a regular at the Polaris lounge there. Sounds like I'm one of the few people that really like the Polaris burger, I actually get excited on the ride to the airport about downing one.

Last few times I was there the buffet actually looked really good and I grabbed some pasta and garlic bread after my burger.

That place is never super busy. There are huge swaths of that lounge opposite the food on both floors that nobody ever sits in.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Definitely yes to Whistlepig, and I am pretty sure yes to Angel's Envy and Casamigos.

I don't believe there is a printed menu for any of the liquor.
Thank you! No matter how much the food has gone downhill, the lounge still has value if it continues to serve premium liquor!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
I fly out of SFO so I'm a regular at the Polaris lounge there. Sounds like I'm one of the few people that really like the Polaris burger, I actually get excited on the ride to the airport about downing one.

Last few times I was there the buffet actually looked really good and I grabbed some pasta and garlic bread after my burger.

That place is never super busy. There are huge swaths of that lounge opposite the food on both floors that nobody ever sits in.
The burger is the only thing that gets consistent positive review here.

Did you intend to post this in the SFO thread, by the way?

Comparing SFO to ORD, I think the burger is better at ORD.

Originally Posted by sailpgd
Thank you! No matter how much the food has gone downhill, the lounge still has value if it continues to serve premium liquor!
If you aren't dead set on Bourbon and it isn't on your radar yet, try the Nikka Coffey whisky. (Perhaps in addition to a Whistlepig. )
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
SInce I can't actually travel, may was well do some planning - and the requisite obsessing.

I booked a trip to London for early December - on the 9 PM ORD - LHR flight (J). Since I work near ORD, seems the best plan would be to get there early enough to have dinner at the Polaris lounge, and then have a glass of wine and get as much sleep as possible on the flight over. Is there a case to be made for doing the opposite - drinks in lounge, and then dinner (~10 PM) on the plane?
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by umustbjokim
SInce I can't actually travel, may was well do some planning - and the requisite obsessing.

I booked a trip to London for early December - on the 9 PM ORD - LHR flight (J). Since I work near ORD, seems the best plan would be to get there early enough to have dinner at the Polaris lounge, and then have a glass of wine and get as much sleep as possible on the flight over. Is there a case to be made for doing the opposite - drinks in lounge, and then dinner (~10 PM) on the plane?
IF you sleep on planes, do the former and not the latter. You can get all you need to eat in the lounge. There is nothing special about UA F meals which you can get any time.Even from ORD, you are only going to get at best 6 hours of sleep on your outbound flight.

And only UA knows what the service levels will be available even by December
umustbjokim likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by radonc1
And only UA knows what the service levels will be available even by December
And the ORD PL will be open to begin with .....
umustbjokim likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.