Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Looking at that food, I want to go there now and gorge then fall asleep in the nap room. Since I don't have a flight to miss, I'll be okay... :-D
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Did they change the nap room furniture? I recall it use to be more upright and not adjustable so I found it very uncomfortable and easier to sleep out in the chairs. The ones in your photo look more flat. Aside from the furniture, my other issue with the area was that it was too bright because it was right next to the windows. (but maybe I'm mixing up my lounges)
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Anything new on the actual opening time? The UA site now says 7:00 but other places including Google (certainly not official) say 7:15. I’ve also seen 6:45 mentioned.

Google - https://www.google.com/search?q=pola...ris%2520Lounge

UA - https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by milepig
Anything new on the actual opening time? The UA site now says 7:00 but other places including Google (certainly not official) say 7:15. I’ve also seen 6:45 mentioned.

I came in from GRU to ORD last month and it opened at 7am. There were 5 of us waiting for it to open to shower and eat breakfast from the GRU flight that landed at 5:30am.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by milepig

It used to be 7:15 AM but at a certain time of the year they opened anyway at 6:45 AM to accommodate the GRU arrivals (even though the sign at the door was saying 7:15 AM). I think they must have settled to opening at 7:00 AM. When I arrive at 6:00AM from my home airport to go on my 10:00 AM flight to PVG, I do a stop at the B6 UC. Only one time we did a mistake and stopped at the C16 UC. That's when we discovered that in the winter the Polaris Lounge was opening at 6:45 AM as my wife decided that she did not like it and would prefer to just stand outside the Polaris Lounge.......

But if you arrive too early at the Polaris Lounge (at 7:00 AM), they are still setting the buffet and there's a good 15-20 minutes wait before every item is there.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Drastically Reduced Sit Down Dining Menu in ORD Polaris Lounge

Last week I made a connection from UA to TK in ORD and had a few hours to spend in the ORD Polaris Lounge before trekking to Terminal 5. After having seen many reports on the Polaris Lounge dining experience, some from quite recently, I had high expectations. I was surprised to see a very paired-down menu with only 3 items each for appetizer, main course and desert. Is this the norm or was it just a bad day?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Last week I made a connection from UA to TK in ORD and had a few hours to spend in the ORD Polaris Lounge before trekking to Terminal 5. After having seen many reports on the Polaris Lounge dining experience, some from quite recently, I had high expectations. I was surprised to see a very paired-down menu with only 3 items each for appetizer, main course and desert. Is this the norm or was it just a bad day?
I was wondering about this. I ate for the first time in a Polaris dining room last month, although it was SFO. I was a bit shocked at how few choices there were (after reading all the Wow reviews). I think the same as you - 3 apps and 3- 4 mains.
Not only that, but the portion was teeny tiny.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Does this surprise anyone at all?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Dang - I’m going thru there a week from today. I’m sure I’ll still find something to eat. Planning on eating there and sleeping to LHR (after arrival from OGG on red eye). Did you take photo of (allegedly reduced) menu? I don’t recall menu being that big to start with.
FlyerTalkUserName and mdbe like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by chavala
I was wondering about this. I ate for the first time in a Polaris dining room last month, although it was SFO. I was a bit shocked at how few choices there were (after reading all the Wow reviews). I think the same as you - 3 apps and 3- 4 mains.
Not only that, but the portion was teeny tiny.
I recall 3-4 being the options in my past experiences (SFO, EWR and ORD). It was something like a red meat, a fish, a veggie option, and something else. They definitely met my expectations with choices, as I wouldn't expect a full menue in an airport lounge, but agreed the portions were small. I received no pushback in ordering multiple entres at once though.

Would be a shame if they cut back on the Polaris lounge offering, they have already pared back Polaris inflight service quite a bit...
perkele likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA GS
Doesn’t sound much different than this recent review:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31303384-post915.html
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
That's the new norm. It's what I had both in EWR and SFO last week.

The options are enough for me honestly but, yes, it's a pared down menu. The burger is still there though.

-RM
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
There's nothing wrong with only 3-4 choices for the Polaris lounge sit-down menu....providing they are good choices and they change them every now-and-then.

(It's the second part of that sentence where it all falls down!)
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I'm there now and it looks the same as the last time I was here in May

Quality is about the same as before. I like EWR more though I think the buffet here is better.

Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
OK. We all know portions are small. We ask for double entrees and all is well. Don’t forget the bar for some awesome selections you won’t see for long!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.