Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by dand99
Next step is call MP, to try and find out what went wrong.

They will probably ask for BPs and ticket (scans). Ideally you have something that shows the TK fare class.
Yes I have the boarding cards still (with Y class clearly marked), plus as this was booked through UA I have the full itinerary in my reservation history on united.com. Will call them Monday

thanks
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Questions about requesting missing credit

I had the dubious fortune to fly on July 8th. I was able to change my first flight (IAD to LAX) to an earlier one, which was still delayed, but let me make my connection (to an AC code share).

The credit for the IAD to LAX leg hasn't shown up in my account, though the credit for the other three legs has. So I go to request missing mileage and enter the ticket number. Or try to.

But the actual ticket number is one digit longer than the space allotted to enter it. So the last digit doesn't show up.

The website didn't give me back an error message, but instead replied that some of the flights in the itinerary did credit. Duh, I knew that.

Is there anything else I should do? How long should I wait to see if they fix this?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Just call the Premier desk - they'll ask for the PNR and you just tell them the legs you need credit for.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
If booked via UA that should be fine. Fare class as in specific fare class (A thru Z. which determines your RDM and PQM) as opposed to the cabin (Y).

Good luck on Monday !

Originally Posted by TommyB1965
Yes I have the boarding cards still (with Y class clearly marked), plus as this was booked through UA I have the full itinerary in my reservation history on united.com. Will call them Monday

thanks
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: UA/AA/Delta/BA/KLM/AirBW
Good luck with MP. In May/June flew UA ORD to IAD, then Austrian IAD to VIE, and later Austrian VIE to ORD. Got credit for UA miles, filed for Austrian Star Alliance credit on line, never received a reply. Did get an email telling me how much MP valued my opinion, clicked on the link for the survey and got "This survey link has expired". Called MP-"Oh, you were denied by Austrian. You should have looked at some obscure part of their website to see that those fare classes aren't eligible for miles".
Never mind that I used my MP Explorer card to book with and pay United, and all flights had UA flight numbers. Need any more reasons not to darken United's door again?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by dand99
If booked via UA that should be fine. Fare class as in specific fare class (A thru Z. which determines your RDM and PQM) as opposed to the cabin (Y).

Good luck on Monday !
OK - I see the distinction now. Fortunately my UA reservation history shows fare class Q, which accrues 100% PQM on Turkish
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
LAX->SFO (*4) and PDX ->SFO (*2)

First was the third/final leg of a return trip (first two were *A, but not UA). Month ago. Also missing credit on that flight was Mrs. Cardinal98 and two little Cardinal98. Copa split the PNR (ugh, and then split the seats too...), so four separate reservations. Tried applying online for missing credit on day 15, but no credit yet as of today.

PDX was six days ago. Return flight to SFO with Mrs. Cardinal98. Same PNR

Called MP Service Desk. It took 25 minutes and required account passwords or pins for all four of us to make the requests, but I'm told we've now been credited for the six missing segments.

Was told by the MP agent that there have been an increase in missing segments beginning this past May.

Somewhat surprised that there can be this sort of IT hiccup.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Anyone else seeing delays in mileage posting?

I had a UAX flight on Tuesday that still has not posted....
Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Issues with flights not automatically crediting (July, 2015)

[Obligatory: I skimmed the first couple pages and didn't see anything relevant... Point/merge me in the right direction if this already exists]

Of three trips in the past three weeks none have had all of the flight segments automatically credit but it seems totally random which flights go AWOL (last week, for example, I flew AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD and AAA-BBB and CCC-DDD both credited automatically, while BBB-CCC was missing; Thursday I flew XXX-YYY-ZZZ and YYY-ZZZ credited, but XXX-YYY was nowhere to be found).

This is the first problem I've had with flights crediting since the Great System Integration of 2012 -- and I should mention that all of the segments involved are UA-ticketed, UA-coded, UA-operated, mainline aircraft, and 100% domestic itineraries -- so no goofy codeshare/partner/express shenanigans.

Each time I've called the MPSC they've "requested credit" and the missing segment has shown up by the next morning [knock on wood for the segment I called about today] -- when I mentioned to todays rep that this has been an problem lately (and asked if it was something I was doing) she said they've had lots of issues and have been "crediting people like crazy" the past couple weeks.

(The IT part of my brain makes me wonder if this is a lingering side effect from the "router issue" a couple weeks back)

Anyway... not sure if there's anything to really discuss or if it's more of a warning to keep a close eye on your account to make sure you're picking up credit for everything you should be...
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Interesting. Thanks for the post.

My recent TPAC activity posted without issue (7 segments in total), but my simple domestic one-leg segment from Tuesday still has not posted yet.

I haven't looked into requesting the credit yet. I kinda figured they would want at least a week or two from flight date before action.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I haven't looked into requesting the credit yet. I kinda figured they would want at least a week or two from flight date before action.
In my experience (and save for about 4 international segments a year, it's all domestic, so YMMV) my flights always credit by about 4PM US Eastern two days after the flight date, or they just don't credit.

Officially they want 7 days, and if I were in your shoes (where the entire trip didn't credit even if only one segment) I'd wait it out, but in my "partial credit" situations I've had no problem calling and they've had no problem granting the credit since they see that "something went wrong".

(Based on prior experiences trying to email the MPSC for ORC, I only do this via phone -- seems much quicker and much less frustrating)
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I know this is old news, and definitely a first world problem, but I really miss the pmUA IT system that would generally deposit the miles as soon as the flight took off. 75% of the time on pmUA, miles were there when I landed and the other 25% of the time they would be there within 24 hours.

pmCO SHARES always took 4 - 5 days to get miles deposited as, from what I was told, it batches things up and then does a bunch at once and then batches things up again.

And, of course, the new United went with SHARES so the customer friendly way of depositing miles was thrown at the window.

At least that's what I was told.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Just my two hockey pucks but I'm wondering if the recent uptick of folks posting about missing mileage from UA flights is a "system issue" because in addition to that, in my moderator duties, I've moved a few very recent new threads into this thread
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I had a EWR-SFO flight on Wednesday that hasn't posted. The connecting flight up to YVR posted. It's my first non-posting of earned miles in 2015. I even had a flight on Air Dolomiti (code share) that posted fine a couple of weeks earlier.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by goalie
Just my two hockey pucks but I'm wondering if the recent uptick of folks posting about missing mileage from UA flights is a "system issue" because in addition to that, in my moderator duties, I've moved a few very recent new threads into this thread
I think you are definitely on to something here. I have had 1 segment fail to post on 6 of my last trips (each trip having 5 or 6 segments). Each time I have called the MPSC and, like the poster above, the missing segments were credited to my account within 24 hours. I recommend that everyone check flight postings regularly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.