Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Miles not showing up and premier status

Miles, segments and dollars (if applicable) are always based on scheduled flight date. So even if the mileage(if applicable) doesn't post until after Jan., it will still count toward your status that you earn during 2014.

As IADFlyer asks, are you sure the LH flights earn miles in MP? This will be based on the fare class for the operating carrier. If it doesn't (I.e K, G, N class don't earn miles on LH, and even T class doesn't if it was only an LH infra-Europe flight). So that's the first thing to check.

If you're primary address is in the US, have you spent $2500 PQD (or spent $25,000 on a UA credit card) during the calendar year? Or taken 4 UA segments during the year. If not, for elite status purposes, the mileage won't matter much, since you need to hit these all to get your status.

More information would be helpful for others to provide you with better answers.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:44 am

Thank you both for the quick responses.

I checked this link for credit eligibility.

Since my Lufthansa flight was from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv, then according to that chart, my flight should be eligible for credit.

And just for confirmation, I've already fulfilled both the PQD and 4 UA segments requirements.

I should also mention that I have a flight on January 19th, which is why I'd like to reach silver before then. Do you think it'll be sorted out by that time/how long does it usually take?

Thanks again!

Last edited by qaa1122; Dec 29, 2014 at 5:58 am
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by qaa1122
Thank you both for the quick responses.

I checked this link for credit eligibility.

Since my Lufthansa flight was from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv, then according to that chart, my flight should be eligible for credit.

And just for confirmation, I've already fulfilled both the PQD and 4 UA segments requirements.

I should also mention that I have a flight on January 19th, which is why I'd like to reach to be silver before then. Do you think it'll be sorted out by that time/how long does it usually take?

Thanks again!
What was the booking class? What do the UA segments to FRA show in terms of booking class? Not always (but mostly) UA booking classes match 1:1 to LH booking classes (assuming the FRA-TLV segment was a UA-coded flight).
After 14 days you can ask MP to manually credit the missing flights (online tool available; have seats #, ticket # etc. at hand).
Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
What was the booking class? What do the UA segments to FRA show in terms of booking class? Not always (but mostly) UA booking classes match 1:1 to LH booking classes (assuming the FRA-TLV segment was a UA-coded flight).
After 14 days you can ask MP to manually credit the missing flights (online tool available; have seats #, ticket # etc. at hand).
I just checked my booking class and it's Q. And the flight was UA-coded.

Do you have an idea of how long it usually takes to credit missing flights using that tool?

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked my booking class and it's Q. And the flight was UA-coded.

Do you have an idea of how long it usually takes to credit missing flights using that tool?

Thanks!
It is usually ~ a week for me to get the miles. Q-class is more than safe no matter how that actually maps. If on 016 ticket it can be very quick; all they need to verify is you actually boarded the flight FRA-TLV.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:31 am

Perfect. Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:23 am

My Avianca flights Lim-Cuz and Cuz-Lim from early September 2014 have still not posted. Even after submitting credit request, then emailing BPs etc.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Missing miles/status fiasco: Anythng else to do?

When a late-evening IAD-DEN flight on which I was booked recently was delayed more than two hours by a mechanical problem and it was clear I would miss my connecting flight, the last of the day, I accepted the gate agent's offer to rebook the flights for the following morning.

After seeing no mileage for the new IAD-DEN flight in my MP account for three days, I called the MP number. In one of several calls, a helpful agent said my changed IAD-DEN flight apparently was mistakenly recoded as an award ticket. By email, I submitted a pdf copy of the receipt showing this was a paid ticket and a copy of my boarding pass. The helpful agent replied with an email two days ago outlining the recoding problem and saying it would be corrected.

Today comes an email from MP saying that the flight already had been credited to my account -- check it out. In fact, there's still no mention of the IAD-DEN flight in my account summary and no miles have been added. The missing miles remain missing.

This problem has an added dimension for me because my status for 2015 hinges on getting these miles.

I've emailed all the documents, called several times (enduring long waits each time) and still am nowhere. Any suggestions on what else I can do to get this resolved? Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
SA J JFK-JNB-CPT hasn't post after 17 days, went in a request online.
SA (Airlink) Y CPT-HDS posted after 3 days...that was the flight I wasn't even sure if I would get any miles...all 472.
After an email to 1K my SA J JFK-JNB-CPT post nearly a month after the flight and 2-3 days after the response from 1K saying they have to contact SA.

I flew 12/18 SA J JNB-FRA LH J FRA-LAX UA LAX-MRY & SA/UA post within 3-4 days, still waiting on LH.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:17 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hawk Circle
.... I've emailed all the documents, called several times (enduring long waits each time) and still am nowhere. Any suggestions on what else I can do to get this resolved? Thanks.
Have you called MP Service Center or Reservations (the regular number), MPSC agents seem to be able to resolve things on the phone.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Have you called MP Service Center or Reservations (the regular number), MPSC agents seem to be able to resolve things on the phone.
I've called the MP service center four or five times so far. Several agents seem to understand the problem, but no one seems to be able to fix it. I've been advised to wait 72 hours several times in the last two weeks, but nothing happens.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:14 am

My Q-class Lufthansa flight from December 21st, which as I said before would get me to Premier Silver status, still has not been credited.

I am flying on the 19th on a 12+ hours Untied flight, and I really want to be silver by then to take advantage of Premier Access, and more important, Economy Plus at T-24.

I still can't use United's missing miles tools since 15 days haven't passed yet, and I plan to do it as soon as I'm able to. However, I'm worried that I won't have enough time for that to happen. What you guys suggest that I do? would calling them make any difference?

Also, when I submit my missing miles, should I put the Lufthansa flight number, or the United-code?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Q-class Lufthansa flight from December 21st, which as I said before would get me to Premier Silver status, still has not been credited.

I am flying on the 19th on a 12+ hours Untied flight, and I really want to be silver by then to take advantage of Premier Access, and more important, Economy Plus at T-24.

I still can't use United's missing miles tools since 15 days haven't passed yet, and I plan to do it as soon as I'm able to. However, I'm worried that I won't have enough time for that to happen. What you guys suggest that I do? would calling them make any difference?

Also, when I submit my missing miles, should I put the Lufthansa flight number, or the United-code?
calling won't help you, they will give you the same answer. Put in the operating LH flight number as per the BP. These usually post quickly.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:58 am

No credit on UA MP for AC/AI flight yet

Hi All,

I flew from Windsor-Toronto-London-Mumbai via AC, AC and AI respectively on Dec 28, 2014. While booking the ticket on some agent website, I had put my UA MileagePlus a/c numbers so I can get credit for the flights, but still don't see any credit. OTOH, my father flew Lufthansa yesterday and already got credited on his UA Mileage Plus a/c. So my questions are:

UA MileagePlus website says it takes upto 15 days to get miles credited, so I'll probably wait 15 days overall, but I have a few questions anyway:

a) Will I get credited for my AC flight from Windsor to Toronto although it's a DOMESTIC flight?

b) Will I get credited for the AI flight as well, all together?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What was the booking class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.