Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: Mileageplus
Followup to previous post: I returned on CM SCL-PTY-IAD Monday 9/15 and all miles were posted on UA account 9/18.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 1kprem
Followup to previous post: I returned on CM SCL-PTY-IAD Monday 9/15 and all miles were posted on UA account 9/18.
Even the extra 25%?

If so then hopefully the system is improving, it usually takes nearly a full further week for the 25% extra to post for me
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Even the extra 25%?

If so then hopefully the system is improving, it usually takes nearly a full further week for the 25% extra to post for me
It takes almost a week just for me to get my miles from UA metal D:
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Even the extra 25%?

If my understanding is correct, the 25% EQM comes from booking on the CM website. My flights were on UA 016 stock using UA codeshare flights IAD-PTY-IAD. One the same ticket I booked true CM flights PTY-SCL-PTY. I received the PQM bonus for D class bookings between UA and CM. I received the PQD for all flights (this was the main purpose for booking UA codeshare in order to get the PQD). I want to being corrected if UA PQD are also available if booked on CM ticket stock. If that is allowed where do I find it in the MP rules.

I hope this helps to answer your question.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Post Missing Miles: An Endless Cycle

I flew CGK-FRA-EZE in Biz on LH and back in July, with my MP number stated on the BPs. After a few weeks I submitted a claim as the miles didn't post. More waiting ensued, and I called in to check on the status only to be told they were rejected but the agent couldn't give me a reason.

I got LH to contact UA, and i was told due to a "system error" LH's system mistakenly rejected it. LH sent UA a "manual credit authorization" email, and after a few days UA did credit the miles - but only for the first segment, and with the wrong booking class! I called back and the less than helpful agent who couldn't do anything but submit another missing miles claim.

Not surprisingly the claim was rejected again, and LH said they've already sent the relevant info to UA and it's up to them to manually credit but UA isn't seem to be doing anything.

Any advice on what to do next?

Last edited by goalie; Oct 1, 2014 at 7:31 am Reason: removed ethnic reference to phone agent
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: TK *G, UA, AS
It took me 6 months to get credit for an LH flight a couple of years ago. I emailed a scanned copy of the BP and receipt in March, but I didn't end up getting miles credited until September (after more email and 4 phone calls). On the last call, I explained that their previous attempts to re-request the miles from LH had not yielded any results, so I was not interested in waiting for them to try the same process again. I requested that the rep find a way to fix the problem while I remained on the phone. After a long hold, he came back and said they could manually credit the missing miles.

Perhaps a similar approach will work for you? Stay friendly and polite, but explain that you have waited too long already, they already have everything they need from both you and LH, and you need them to correct the mistaken mileage posting immediately.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, KLM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Platinum
Avianca issues

Two flights, LIM-SCL, SCL-BOG have not posted. First was Sep 24, second was Sep 28. Filed mileage credit request on United two weeks ago, still nothing.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:23 pm

I left on the 1st and return now on the 11th

My original flights have not been posted YET. Does anyone experience the same ? I am kinda feeling the need for an on time posting, because I would have 3 GPUs returned to my account, from a fail upgrade.
Moderators, please feel free to move this to the appropriate thread.
Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
UA codeshare flights on LH do not post automatically

Almost every time I fly LH as a UA code share (in the latest case it was FRA - BLR ticketed as UA 8898), the miles don't post automatically. Is this a known or common problem?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by anandrg
Almost every time I fly LH as a UA code share (in the latest case it was FRA - BLR ticketed as UA 8898), the miles don't post automatically. Is this a known or common problem?
I had no trouble last month --- but the PQDs took 14 days.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I had no trouble last month --- but the PQDs took 14 days.
Well, in my case 15 days have passed so I am going to submit a credit request. This flight is the one that will take me to Plat so I hope this doesn't turn into a long drawn out affair.

I have some questions regarding the online form for requesting credit though. UA always squishes (removes the space between) my first and middle names together for all bookings so do they pass the name to LH's system as FNMN as a single first name field? This may matter in how I fill out the first name field in the online form.

Also, should I provide the LH flight number (754) in the flight number field or should I say UA 8898? I am assuming the latter won't be possible because they don't allow letters in the flight number box... But it doesn't hurt to verify from some of the veterans here.

thanks
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
Originally Posted by anandrg
I have some questions regarding the online form for requesting credit though. UA always squishes (removes the space between) my first and middle names together for all bookings so do they pass the name to LH's system as FNMN as a single first name field? This may matter in how I fill out the first name field in the online form.

Also, should I provide the LH flight number (754) in the flight number field or should I say UA 8898?
We've found that you want to enter the names exactly as they appear on the ticket.

You should enter the operating carrier's flight number (i.e. 754 in this case).

I generally find that the UA/partner form returns an error if any other flights on that e-ticket have been credited. There is a Request Credit option on the Contact Mileage Plus page which works in those cases.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
SA J JFK-JNB-CPT hasn't post after 17 days, went in a request online.
SA (Airlink) Y CPT-HDS posted after 3 days...that was the flight I wasn't even sure if I would get any miles...all 472.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:09 am

Miles not showing up from LH codeshare flight and impact to premier status

I recently (December 21st) flew Lufthansa with a flight booked from United.com. I was already credited for the flights operated by United. However, I still haven't been credited for the miles from my Lufthansa flights.

Normally, I wouldn't be worried, since I know it may take a couple of weeks before they show up. However, I'm a bit worried this year because that flight will get me over 25,000 PQM and I need it to qualify for 2015 Premier Silver status.

Should I be worried?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by qaa1122
I recently (December 21st) flew Lufthansa with a flight booked from United.com. I was already credited for the flights operated by United. However, I still haven't been credited for the miles from my Lufthansa flights.

Normally, I wouldn't be worried, since I know it may take a couple of weeks before they show up. However, I'm a bit worried this year because that flight will get me over 25,000 PQM and I need it to qualify for 2015 Premier Silver status.

Should I be worried?
You shouldn't unless those flights belong to a class that doesn't earn miles. What fare class was it on Lufthansa? Also, have you crossed $2,500 in qualified spend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.