Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JBord
So you had an extra 0 after OLCI and I had an extra 4 after OLCI. I have a full UA domestic rt next week, so I will check my BP's and see if they have the extra digit. Not sure it matters, but no one has said it doesn't yet.
OK, I'm missing credit for a Brussels Airlines flight and checked my boarding pass because of your comments. I have an extra 4 at the end of my 016 ticket number for a flight flown July 4 that has not been credited. Could the extra number just be the flight segment of the itinerary? For instance, this was my 4th segment of the trip.

I submitted a claim via 1K line 15 days ago and still no credit for the flight however. The automated system says A, F, Y, B, C, class etc. (tried the whole freaking alphabet) are not eligible for credit. How frustrating. Guess I'll call the 1K line again.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:04 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tc fly girl
OK, I'm missing credit for a Brussels Airlines flight and checked my boarding pass because of your comments. I have an extra 4 at the end of my 016 ticket number for a flight flown July 4 that has not been credited. Could the extra number just be the flight segment of the itinerary? For instance, this was my 4th segment of the trip.
Yes, the extra number is most likely the coupon number, which roughly corresponds to the segment number.

I submitted a claim via 1K line 15 days ago and still no credit for the flight however. The automated system says A, F, Y, B, C, class etc. (tried the whole freaking alphabet) are not eligible for credit. How frustrating. Guess I'll call the 1K line again.
Try submitting via the MP Service Center, or the partner claim form online. I had to wait the mandatory 15 days to file my most recent partner claim, but once I filed, it posted within 48 hours. Of course, it posted incorrectly (with more PQD than my entire ticket, something I expect UA to claw back at some point), but at least it did post...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I just took a flight with an LH ticket and flight number but operated by EN (Air Dolimiti), a Lufthansa regional partner. No RDMs or PQMs posted for that segment, only those operated by LH and UA on the same itinerary. Called MP and they said LH rejected the request and Air Dolimiti is not eligible for MP accrual. That would be like UA telling LH miles&more flyers that they don't get miles for UAX-operated flights.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:15 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I'm getting same BS. My family, three of us, did ORD-BRU .. BRU-FCO, etc. BRU-FCO was in"P" class which Brussels Airlines does not have in their alphabet soup. They have rejected it twice and agent wants to put it through to for a third time. I'm asking for a supervisor because why would they now give credit. It is pretty important because my wife and son are both over 25,000 but at $2000 in spend. Now with other stupid rules they are not Silver.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:48 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by thepla
I'm getting same BS. My family, three of us, did ORD-BRU .. BRU-FCO, etc. BRU-FCO was in"P" class which Brussels Airlines does not have in their alphabet soup. They have rejected it twice and agent wants to put it through to for a third time. I'm asking for a supervisor because why would they now give credit. It is pretty important because my wife and son are both over 25,000 but at $2000 in spend. Now with other stupid rules they are not Silver.
Just a follow-up. I received an E-mail from customer services. They are going to post missing credit for our BRU-FCO flight. I will say there have been a couple minor issues and United does seems lately to be trying and be more customer friendly.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by thepla
Yep I'm getting the same response from MP for P class on Brussels Airlines

Dear Mr. Rosesplus:

Thank you for contacting the MileagePlus Service Center.

Brussels Air flights booked in "P" class are ineligible for mileage credit within the MileagePlus program.

You can view all eligible booking classes at:

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=343

Regards,

Allison MXXXXXXXX
MileagePlus® Service Center

We appreciate your participation in the MileagePlus program and your support of United and our partners. We look forward to serving your travel needs again in the near future. For MileagePlus program information, please visit www.mileageplus.com.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
If the partner airline doesn't respond to the claim, can UA manually credit the miles?
Yes, just ask for a UA MP supervisor. Usually miles will post in 72 hours. However, you'll need to have submitted a claim first, get it decline or unreplied to, and then call.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by rosesplus
Yep I'm getting the same response from MP for P class on Brussels Airlines

Dear Mr. Rosesplus:

Thank you for contacting the MileagePlus Service Center.

Brussels Air flights booked in "P" class are ineligible for mileage credit within the MileagePlus program.

You can view all eligible booking classes at:

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=343

Regards,

Allison MXXXXXXXX
MileagePlus® Service Center

We appreciate your participation in the MileagePlus program and your support of United and our partners. We look forward to serving your travel needs again in the near future. For MileagePlus program information, please visit www.mileageplus.com.
Well on 'paper' UA does not credit SN P fares...should not be a surprise that they reject the claim.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zakami
SQ is indeed taking very long to post. I'm still waiting for miles for my flight on July 24. Historically, SQ flights used to post within 48 hours.

Additionally, I'm also waiting for credit on two AI flights on July 22 and 23.
Just my most recent experience with SQ. Both wife and I flew BOM-SIN RT, departure on Aug 9, return Aug. 11. Both our accounts were credited with the miles sometime within the last 12 hours or so - about 5 days after the outbound and 3 days for the return.

Interestingly, both flights (outbound and return) seem to have posted at the same time, suggesting these are indeed batched, but not necessarily by date - I've always seen the outbound and return post about the same time after completion of each individual flight, and always separately, even for weekend trips.

Another somewhat interesting thing - I've found that usually my wife's mileage postings tended to hit her account 1 day prior to mine - and its been fairly uniform. This used to happen with both UA and partner metal, and when we took the same flights, even on the same PNR. So I always assumed the postings were batched by different account groups (potentially to avoid overloading the system - happens with emails too, so not to overload the server sending it out). Seems that something has changed.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Will I always have to track down COPA miles?

So, I've just taken a position that has me going into Central/South America a couple of times per month. Had a trip LAX-PTY-SCL (U/Y) on 8 Aug then back (H/B) on the 18th. LAX-PTY posted 7 days later. But, everything else is in limbo (mileage credit requested for 8th but too recent for 18th flights). IRROPS on Monday sent me LAX-PTY-SJO on CM (016 ticket, P fare) and 400 miles into it would have put me over 1K for the year but I'm not expecting to see those miles (and PQM bonus) until mid-to-late Sep (and won't have status for my TATL Sunday ).

Is this experience representative of accrual issues with COPA or just a one-off? Is it any better if I book Avianca/TACA? Both can get me to where I need to go (although I've been pleased with COPA).
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
So, I've just taken a position that has me going into Central/South America a couple of times per month. Had a trip LAX-PTY-SCL (U/Y) on 8 Aug then back (H/B) on the 18th. LAX-PTY posted 7 days later. But, everything else is in limbo (mileage credit requested for 8th but too recent for 18th flights). IRROPS on Monday sent me LAX-PTY-SJO on CM (016 ticket, P fare) and 400 miles into it would have put me over 1K for the year but I'm not expecting to see those miles (and PQM bonus) until mid-to-late Sep (and won't have status for my TATL Sunday ).

Is this experience representative of accrual issues with COPA or just a one-off? Is it any better if I book Avianca/TACA? Both can get me to where I need to go (although I've been pleased with COPA).
my CM flights on 016 ticket have credited with no issues ~ 4-5 days after the flight. I added the MP # on the Copa website and the BP showed my 1K status.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
my CM flights on 016 ticket have credited with no issues ~ 4-5 days after the flight. I added the MP # on the Copa website and the BP showed my 1K status.
Thanks! What about COPA flights on 230 stock? If in 4-5 on IRROPS 016 I should see them today latest. But, CM on CM tickets are what worries me. Any repeat issues with missing miles there?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:46 pm

United not Awarding Me Miles for Turkish Flight

I flew a round trip from Istanbul (IST) to Cairo (CAI) on Turkish Airlines. I departed IST on 16 Feb 2014 and returned to IST on 19 Feb 2014. I requested United MileagePlus credit after the trip and was awarded 764 miles for the IST - CAI leg (showed Y-class on my MileagePlus summary). However, I never received miles for the CAI - IST leg and have been battling United for 6 months via online requests and over the phone to get those miles. Is there some reason why I would be eligible for miles on one leg of a round trip and not the other?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:05 pm
Suspended

United not Awarding Miles for Turkish Flights

What was your TK booking class? By this I mean your fare basis shown on your ticket.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
There are many booking classes on Turkish Airlines that are not eligible for mileage accrual in the Mileage Plus program. This link might work to show you the eligible fares that will earn miles. You might want to go back to your receipt and see what booking class was used when you bought the ticket on Turkish.

So even though an airline might be a member of the Star Alliance, it does not necessarily mean that miles are earned. And, just for further information, it is the operating airline that determines whether miles are earned... so if a flight is operated by Air Canada (for example) but sold as United, it is the Air Canada rules that apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.