Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I think my recent ANA flights (part of UA ticket) took about 3 days to post. I recall seeing the first ANA segment still on the app for a couple of days as well. Didn't have any problems . . .
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:03 pm

With * partners it can vary wildly. As others have pointed out it can take a week for those miles to post. In my case, I flew EW (LH's Budget airline) and it took 3 days for milage to post. Similarly I've had AC and LH flights that took 3-4 days for miles to post. Just because UA has a JV with these airlines doesn't make the milage posting any faster. There is a pencil pusher somewhere in Tokyo, Montreal, Frankfurt who has to credit those flights!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Update

Update: false alarm on my part. Thanks to those whom replied, you were actually correct. No excuse, I just saw some things that had me somewhat concerned but I overreacted.

App corrected itself today, last ANA leg was removed, and mileage accrual is now showing correctly once again for future flights.

Mileage posted to my account for both PQM and PQD.
All is well.

Thanks for your assistance
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Posting of ANA plated miles

Any idea how quickly UA miles are posted for an ANA plated/metal trip? Do all legs need to be flown before posting to UA? 8 days since my outbound and 3 days since the return and nothing posted so far.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by skylane
Any idea how quickly UA miles are posted for an ANA plated/metal trip? Do all legs need to be flown before posting to UA? 8 days since my outbound and 3 days since the return and nothing posted so far.
If a mileage earning segment, the segments should post within 5 days of that segment's flight. See the thread's wiki for the link to report late flight posting. Keep BPs until flight jas posted.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:05 am

Mileageplus won't credit Air Canada flight, says ticket number invalid

I flew ORD-YYZ-BOM where the first segment was UA and the second one AC. Ticket was issued by AC (014 stock). MP credited the first flight but the second one is missing. I attempted to credit it manually today on the website but it was denied.

"Denied.
The ticket number you entered is not a valid ticket number. Please make sure you enter the correct ticket number."

The request status also says that the first segment was credited:

"Credit for this flight segment/ticket has already been posted to the MileagePlus account."

Has anyone experienced this before? Flights were flown a little over a week ago.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: DL DM
Use the contacts link to request missing mileage and submit a more comprehensive request.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Double check the ticket numbers. If there was even a minor schedule change or difficulty checking in, the ticket could have been reissued without your noticing. Look carefully at your boarding passes too.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:45 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by leonidas
The request status also says that the first segment was credited:

"Credit for this flight segment/ticket has already been posted to the MileagePlus account."

Has anyone experienced this before? Flights were flown a little over a week ago.
This is a common retort from the online system if one segment had automatically posted and the second did not. You will need to deal with MPSC by email or phone.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had my first missing flight in a while, for travel on Juneyao on 1/1.

I entered the ticket information, the screen said "approved" (so quickly?), and, sure enough, it's now listed in my activity log with the correct values for PQP, PQF, and redeemable miles. And... none of the actual totals, anywhere, have updated. (??). And, yes, I logged out and logged back in, as well as tried multiple devices and browsers. I assume that it'll take care of itself on its own over the next couple of days, but I found it amusing nonetheless.

ETA: After about an hour and a half, the miles, PQP, and PQF were all added into my totals, as I expected. It was just strange that the two systems could be out of sync.

Last edited by jsloan; Jan 9, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
In the interest of completeness, reporting back. Since defecting to UA, about half of my partner flights don't post automagically, and as I'm based overseas that is a fair few flights a year. 100% of the time I've used the form online it gives me the same result (the one I mentioned upthread): under status, it says "Denied. We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later.". I always wait at least for 2 weeks after the last flight in the ticket was flown before submitting. While I appreciate the advice given upthread, I always submit the correct ticket, flight and seat numbers, along with the correct fare code, and I fill out the form relatively quickly so I'm not timing it out. Whatever it is, the form simply doesn't like me, and no matter how often I 'try later', it has the same result. Nevertheless, I still fill out the form each time, and of those, a majority of flights still end up posting within a week or two of me having filled out the form. No idea of course whether my flights just magically take ~4 weeks to post or whether the form is actually being submitted and the denial isn't accurate. That said, a non-trivial number of flights require me to contact United (I typically email 1K Voice) and ask for them to post manually, which does ultimately resolve the issue every time.

This is a rather annoying process, but in the grand scheme of things isn't the end of the world. To put it another way, I'd much rather go through this every few weeks than deal with my former airline and alliance.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:11 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
This is an archive thread, the active thread is
[Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 28, 2024 at 7:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.