Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Unfortunately no status (although these miles will almost give me Silver). I used the online United.com mileage credit form and it said "denied" in the email confirmation but it also said to wait seven days...
Call in and re-request
Call from the U.S. or Canada 1-800-421-4655
Option 2
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by BZRORG
Call in and re-request
Call from the U.S. or Canada 1-800-421-4655
Option 2
Thanks!!!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:06 pm

Flight cancelled , missing miles

a United ticket from IAD-ZRH-TLV
swiss leg ZRH-TLV got cancelled.
We were re-routed for a Lufthansa flight the next day through FRA.
3 weeks passed, no miles credited.

Question is - when re-routed after a cancelled flight, does the ticket number change? I did not keep the new boarding passes to be able to check and I need to claim those missing miles.

Thank you!!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by blink188
Question is - when re-routed after a cancelled flight, does the ticket number change? ...
generally no, but it can happen

Originally Posted by blink188
....I did not keep the new boarding passes to be able to check and I need to claim those missing miles. ...
As you now know, keeping BPs is a good idea, especially in irrops.
Good chance your MP account got dropped in the rebooking.

Another option is to request ORC ("original routing credit) but the FRA routing is roughly a 100 miles

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 12, 2019 at 2:24 pm
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Unfortunately no status (although these miles will almost give me Silver). I used the online United.com mileage credit form and it said "denied" in the email confirmation but it also said to wait seven days...
IIRC you must wait at least 2 weeks (14 days) after you take the flight for the miles to be credit. After the 2 weeks are up, you should be able to use the form no problem. A colleague of mine had a similar denial issue as you but after telling them to wait 2 weeks they said the flight credited no problem.

Whenever you fly you should check your boarding pass to see if the frequent flyer indicator field is filled in. In addition, during IRROPs I would recommend getting a paper boarding pass and keeping it until the flights credit since frequent flyer details can sometimes disappear. If you want to do a mobile check in, I'd recommend taking a screenshot of the boarding passes as evidence. Additionally, as UA collector (with no status) you should see UA somewhere on the boarding pass where the frequent flyer field appears, which confirms that your frequent flyer details have been accepted. When you gain status with UA it will then say the relevant status (i.e. UA*G for myself or UA*S if you hit the Silver milestone). Remember, you can add your frequent flyer details at any point up to the doors closing on the airplane (i.e. you could add it at the check in counter, at the gate, at the lounge, at security at some airports, etc.)

Safe Travels,

James
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by j2simpso
IIRC you must wait at least 2 weeks (14 days) after you take the flight for the miles to be credit. ...
It use to be 14 days for partner flights, but UA reduced that to 7 days in 2018.

And the OP mentioned it has been 3 weeks for them.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It use to be 14 days for partner flights, but UA reduced that to 7 days in 2018.
It appears that we're both wrong, per UA:

For flights on Star Alliance member airlines and other partner airlines, it may take up to 7 days for mileage and Premier qualifying credit (where applicable) to display in your account due to variations in processing times across the wide network of member airlines. View the full list of Star Alliance member airlines and other partner airlines.

If your credit has not been posted after 7 days, submit a request for credit using the form at the bottom of the page. In some instances, additional documents may be required to complete your request. If supporting documents are required, you will be prompted to upload files (.gif, .jpg, .pdf, .png or .tif).
That being said, my colleague who requested missing miles did so in December of 2018 so perhaps there's a gap between what UA publishes as the turn-around time for partner airlines and the current IT implementation

-James
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Cape Air posting time

I flew BOS-PVC round trip on Cape Air, K and B class. Tickets purchased on Cape Air but entered my UA FF#.

According to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly.../cape-air.html I should get a small number of award miles but nothing has posted. It has been about 1 week since the return flight. How long does this usually take to post?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 1K
How long does it take for SQ flight miles to show up in your MP account?

It's been nearly 72 hours since my flight ended. Typically how long does it take to be posted on your account?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
If they don't post in 14 days, you have to claim them. Hopefully you had an eligible fare class
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
It was E class. So, yes, eligible.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:51 am

I'm in the middle of a multi-day itinerary that had me flying on a partner airline followed by two onward segments on UA. One partner flight has not yet posted although the next segment (on UA) posted promptly as soon as we landed. I'm considering crediting the upcoming segment (not yet flown) to a different FF program. If I change the ff number at the time I do OLCI for this last UA flight, is there any risk that the unposted segment that I already flew will also get credited to the other program or are the changes made at OLCI strictly prospective?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by yonatan
I'm in the middle of a multi-day itinerary that had me flying on a partner airline followed by two onward segments on UA. One partner flight has not yet posted although the next segment (on UA) posted promptly as soon as we landed. ...
UA flights are generally posting in hours of landing (or less). Most partner flights still take days. Posting is requested by the operating airline, not UA.

Originally Posted by yonatan
I'm considering crediting the upcoming segment (not yet flown) to a different FF program. If I change the ff number at the time I do OLCI for this last UA flight, is there any risk that the unposted segment that I already flew will also get credited to the other program or are the changes made at OLCI strictly prospective?
Yes, there is a risk. Any outcoming is possible as we don know at what point in the process the determination is made and posted experiences have shown undesired outcomes. The general recommendation is to make no changes until flown flights have posted.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Anyone seeing a delay in LH flights from 7-9 days ago posting? I usually see them in a day or two, but the last 4 flights from last week still havent posted. Of course the online request form barfed me out with an error: Denied. We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later. Ugh.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Just to report back: I never resubmitted the request I put in for my LH flights on 29 July, but they posted last night. For fun I did a missing miles request for LH flights on 2 August, which immediately came back with the same error as last time. I guess I'll wait until the end of the month before raising it with 1KVoice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.