Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2016, 7:59 am
GeP

OS flights (consistently) not posting

Not a single of my dozen flights with Austrian (OS) in the last eight months posted in my MP account without my having to file a request. And in some case I waited more than a month.

Once requested, they posted within days, but that's simply painful. And unacceptable.
Old May 23, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Customer-unfriendly. UA new process for PQD/RDM. Now takes much longer.

As luck would have it, PQD has been posting incorrectly for me for about 6 weeks. Up until last week, I was able to get agents at the 1k/Premier MP CS to manually post the missing PQD and RDMs.

As of last week, I have been told by several agents (and their supervisors) that the agents can no longer manually post missing PQD and resulting RDM adjustments, but that the whole trip is now queued for re-posting with updated PQD and RDM numbers. And that can take up to 2 weeks. In practice, it's been 8 days since my last request and nothing has re-posted yet.

As one may imagine, this creates some issues. Firstly, for those of us flying weekly, we may be disputing several itineraries at a time and having to keep track of them re-posting, which will also be more difficult to see because adjustments are no longer separate entries.

The agents themselves cannot see the adjustment they request for customers, only supervisors can until the adjustment presumably does.

So long story short...UA can't get the PQD crediting on its own flights right, forces us to get on the phone to request the credit and then implements a new process that takes away autonomy from agents and requires far more due diligence from its fliers.

Well done UA.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GeP
Not a single of my dozen flights with Austrian (OS) in the last eight months posted in my MP account without my having to file a request. And in some case I waited more than a month.

Once requested, they posted within days, but that's simply painful. And unacceptable.
Having this issue right now. My intra-Europe OS flight posted immediately but my TATL didn't. It's P class so could use those PQMs (and of course RDMs).

It's also been nearly 36 hours on my AUS - IAD - RDU flights from Wednesday and still nothing.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Flew IAD-MUC (LH) and then MUC-JNB-MRU (SAA) and then returned home JNB-FRA (LH) and FRA-IAD (UA). IAD-MUC and FRA-IAD posted just fine, but the rest are stuck somewhere. All on 016 ticket stock (and H class on SAA and K on LH, which should have earned even if not on 016 stock). Filed the request online 15 days after, and it's now been 14 days--called to follow up and they say it's still awaiting validation by SAA.

Anything I can do? I've already had one flight where I should have been silver but am not as I'm waiting for these to post.

Also, had a separate ticket MRU-JNB on SAA ticket stock and that posted with no problem.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Difficulty Getting MP Credit for SAA Flights in J

It is now three weeks out from the last two segments flown on SAA from CPT-JNB-JFK. My ticket was a United 016 ticket on UA-LX-ET-ET-SA-SA. First two segments credited within two days, ET segments credited within two days after I requested credit (17 days after flights), but SAA denied credit after I requested the missing credits. So now UA has to have their partner desk intervene with SAA to get credit.

Anyone else have this problem and how did it turn out?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:51 pm

Some of mine recently posted and but the others didn't. The ones that did post were issued on 083 SA stock credited to my UA account. The ones that failed to post were AC coded SA operated on AC 014 stock. The UA number and status was properly listed on the boarding pass. I've just sent in the request on the automated page on Mileage Plus. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping not but preparing for a phone call when the two week waiting period is up since I just did the form after waiting 15 days after the flight.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:59 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
I had to call for my recent flights on LH, so I would recommend just calling into the MP desk and letting them know, preferably after filling out the form on the web site. They agreed there have been some issues with that form and the status it shows.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
I had two saa flights on 016 stock that didn't post automatically and one on saa stock that did post. Waited 15 days and then filled out the web request. Bugged them on Twitter and the phone and they told me to wait 15 more days. Did that, bugged them on Twitter again, and the flights showed up this morning.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:27 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
My FRA-RUH and RUH-FRA flights on LH (LH ticket) did not post. Using the web form at 15 days showed, "this flight is ineligible" error (although Z and D fares). A call to MP desk got them sent in through their system, and miles showed up at 3-4 days after reporting.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
LH segment miles not posted

I flew two segments on LH on a UA ticket. the first one (intra-european) posted within 2 days, the second one (FRA-JFK) hasn't posted yet (4 days later).

Should I be worried? Does this happen often? I know I have to wait 2 weeks to request credit.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I'm still waiting on a long haul LH segment (and a short haul LH connection) to post to my MileagePlus account from 30 August. I saw something a couple days ago about a delay in reporting on the Miles and More forum. Perhaps the same issue?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I was on 2 LH segments with my mother (separate PNR) mid-August. My miles posted fine. Neither of hers did. I submitted the missing miles request for her and the intra-EU was credited but not the TATL segment.

I was just going to check it one last time today before calling, but of course the website is broken again...

Anyway, seems to be some random problems with LH flights.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
If its still not posted, you can use the web form or call it in 15 days after flight.

Maybe obvious, but make sure you check your check to make sure your fare was eligible for credit. Award classes aren't, but nether are LH K fares (not sure if there are others). It's also possible to have a split fare, where the intra-EU segment was eligible, but the TATL isn't.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
It posted today without me calling in so all good.

Would not want to miss those 7.7k PQMs
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Had a flight on NZ 2 months ago. Noticed it never posted so on 9/11 I submitted a missing mileage request. It immediately came back with the note "Our records indicate that this flight is not valid for mileage credit or Premier qualifying credit." which of course I know is wrong. But I also see that the email said "The status of the United and United Express mileage credit requests will appear automatically below. Star Alliance™ partner credit requests may take up to 14 days to process, those are listed separately below." So I figured I'd let it go to the 14 day mark (tomorrow).

Still not posted, so what is my next step since the automatic system seems to just reject it immediately?

Flight was in S class on NZ stock on 7/17 which according to https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=379 is eligible for 50% RDM (no PQM)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.