Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
After almost one week and no miles in MP for a UA flight.
is that normal?
In the past it was no more then 3 days...

Not at all normal if the flight was UA-coded and UA-operated and a "normal" UA-issued revenue ticket... Your best bet is to CALL (not email) the Mileage Plus Service Center and have your ticket number [which should be on both your boarding pass(es) as well as your itinerary/receipt and should start with 016 if it was ticketed by UA] handy.

Any time I've had a gremlin in the system and called they've taken care of the issue and the miles posted anywhere between "immediately" and "by the time I looked the next morning"... Any time I've tried emailing, it usually goes three rounds of form responses before either I give up and call or someone actually processes the request correctly.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:27 am

How long for miles to be posted on MP account?

I had a flight with Lufthansa 20 days ago and a return flight with Swiss yesterday.
On both flights I used my frequent flyer number when checking in.
Do miles post only after round trip has been complete (all flights on the itinerary) or the Lufthansa miles should already have been posted?

Thank you
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:33 am

I have had a few flights in Austrian not post and had to call in. Was told after 15 days MP desk can make it happen.

Originally Posted by morpheus1234
I had a flight with Lufthansa 20 days ago and a return flight with Swiss yesterday.
Do miles post only after round trip has been complete (all flights on the itinerary) or the Lufthansa miles should already have been posted?

Thank you
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K & MM
For *A flights (which Lufthansa certainly is) UA says it should post within 15 days. Go to the web site and make the request for missing miles within the MP section.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold

Thank you
What fare-classes were the flights on? If they were on ineligible fare-classes, that could explain one scenario of flights not posting.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
What fare-classes were the flights on? If they were on ineligible fare-classes, that could explain one scenario of flights not posting.
The class was ECONOMY (K)
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
The class was ECONOMY (K)
which unfortunately earns NO miles on LH. You will get miles for the return on Swiss.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold
48 hours with United. 15 days OAL.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
which unfortunately earns NO miles on LH. You will get miles for the return on Swiss.
I'm confused, The flight was TLV->SFO with a layover at Frankfurt. according to this https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...d=2507840&l=en
(Destinations worldwide Flights from / to / between non-European destinations):

Economy Class
K, L, T: 0.25 x distance; at least 250 miles
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm confused, The flight was TLV->SFO with a layover at Frankfurt. according to this https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...d=2507840&l=en
(Destinations worldwide Flights from / to / between non-European destinations):

Economy Class
K, L, T: 0.25 x distance; at least 250 miles
You're crediting to Mileage Plus though, right? How the fare class credits to M&M is irrelevant. You want to be looking at table on the UA site, which will tell you what each fare class earns (or in the case of classes which don't appear, they earn zero).

This is common on many *A carriers, by the way, where most airlines that credit less than 100% in their own program often don't earn with partners. YMMV Of course.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Waited my 15 days for NZ flight on 016 stock to post. Had an awful call earlier (documented in the customer service thread) with a rep who was certain it accrued no RDM/PQM. If the customer service reps can't even figure it out, there has to be an easier way...
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Almost two weeks ago I took CA flights YUL-HAV, and the booking class is D.

Till today I still haven't seen miles posted to MP. Is it normal?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by lewende
Almost two weeks ago I took CA flights YUL-HAV, and the booking class is D.

Till today I still haven't seen miles posted to MP. Is it normal?
I took same flights in Z which is supposed to be 125%/100% earning for RDMs/PQMs and didn't receive credit. Filled out missing mileage form after 2 weeks and it said "Our records indicate that this flight is not valid for mileage credit or Premier qualifying credit." I called to raise the matter and the rep agreed there's no reason it shouldn't have been credited but will take up to 15 days to escalate it. Will update with whatever happens.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:09 pm

United Ticket on Brussels Metal....Fare Class?

A few weeks ago I flew Brussels Airlines from LIN to BRU. It was the 4th segment out of 6 on the itinerary. It was all booked on an 016 ticket number thru United...all legs have posted to my account but this one. When submitting for missing miles I need to enter the fare class. No where on my eticket receipt or boarding pass does it list the fare code. The boarding pass has FlexandFast as the type of ticket if this helps. Thoughts on where I can find this?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I would call SN directly and get the fare class they see in their systems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.