Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Still waiting for LX flights to post. That is highly unusual. No credit initially and it has been 9 days already since I submitted the missing mileage claim.
Probably their new system not talking to UA correctly. Very annoying.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Angry LIVID - UA not crediting *A partner flight

For an overview: I booked an itinerary to fly EWR-LAX-SYD (open-jaw) AKL-SYD-LAX-EWR across the end of 2015 / start of 2016. All segments except for AKL-SYD were on UA metal; AKL-SYD was flown on NZ metal. That said, the entire ticket was bought on UA's website and is thus on 016 stock. The UA flights credited as usual, but I have not received credit for AKL-SYD (which was on January 3 of this year). This particular flight segment was booked as a V class on UA's website but was a T fare in NZ's system.

Today was the 4th time I called in to ask why I was not receiving credit. The initial agent who picked up was very sympathetic (and in fact said I was interpreting it correctly) but said that the supervisor's notes stated that because it is a trans-Tasman flight, it is ineligible to earn anything because it is not an eligible fare class. To me, this is a load of grade-A BS: the page for Air New Zealand earnings on UA's website shows 2 sections to consider:

1) If your ticket is on 016 stock, you earn your status multiplier, multiplied by eligible dollars spent, on the fare. The footnotes very clearly state that fare class T is eligible for RDM.

2) If your ticket is NOT on 016 stock, you have to look at what geographic region your flight was in. I fully agree that if my ticket was NOT on 016 stock, a T-class fare for AKL-SYD (which is trans-Tasman) would not earn any RDM and thus be ineligible to earn PQM/PQS/PQD as well.

I get passed up to a smarmy supervisor who condescends to me and tells me that I am 'not grasping the concept here' and saying that NZ determines who does or does not get miles, and that the table I need to look at is under the section where the ticket is not 016. There is literally nothing on the website that says I have to do that. If you buy the ticket and it is on 016 stock, full stop - unless I am missing some extremely finely-hidden print on UA's website - for an NZ metal flight, I get RDM based on the revenue and status multiplier. Based on that, then I should also get 100% PQM/PQS/PQD based on the bottom table, since that is what a T-fare on NZ is eligible for.

Can anyone think of a single reason why I am not correct? I would like folks here to confirm my thinking is right before I go to UA Insider via PM. This is absurd, and if UA is going to lie to my face about their partner earnings on their website, this is the last year I am going to fly them - being NY-based, I will status match to DL or AA with no problem (and my company has open status matches available pretty much year-round). I dislike being condescended towards, without the supervisor even taking as much as a cursory look at their stupid earnings page and seeing what is spelled out.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There's nothing published on the website that contradicts your analysis. In fact, the table expressly states "Fare classes A, B, C, D, E, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, Q, S, T, U, V, W, Y and Z are eligible for accrual."

They are treating it same as, for example, an LH K, which is expressly excluded under the 016 stock table. (This was previously done more indirectly, through the exclusion from PQM earnings.) But there is no similar exclusion for the Trans-Tasman flights on NZ so long as you're on UA stock. Just the RDM restriction stated on the website if ticketed on non-UA stock.

NZ/UA likely intended to exclude T-T flights from accrual, regardless of stock, but they haven't properly stated this on the UA website.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:22 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Your case sounds correct. I would fax / email the MPSC with a clear, short explanation and request for resolution, rather than wasting time and energy talking to agents over the phone.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by TA
Your case sounds correct. I would fax / email the MPSC with a clear, short explanation and request for resolution, rather than wasting time and energy talking to agents over the phone.
+1 - do this.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by TA
There is no email address - there is a snail mail one.

I guess I will go to my local Kinko's, travel back 15-20 years in time, send a fax, and hope someone picks it up.

This is ridiculous and pathetic.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:41 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Just follow the links here:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...t/default.aspx
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/contact.aspx

Not worth letting them get an ounce more of your frustration!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

I guess I will go to my local Kinko's, travel back 15-20 years in time, send a fax, and hope someone picks it up.

This is ridiculous and pathetic.
Commiserations on the MP snafu.

My computer has software that will "print to fax" meaning that you send the document through VOIP with a telephone interface to the fax machine somewhere along he way (like Skyping to a phone #).

That could save you the trip to Kinko's.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by TA
Just follow the links here:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...t/default.aspx
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/contact.aspx

Not worth letting them get an ounce more of your frustration!
Thanks. I just wrote a relatively stern letter laying out the case and requesting credit. I also sent a PM to UA Insider (although I'm not sure how much he/she can help on the MP side).

I rarely lose my cool over anything (life is too short to spend being angry over anything is my philosophy), but basically being told that I'm stupid is one of the few things that will send me over the edge very quickly.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
still fighting to get a January LX flight credited. 'Not eligible' came back twice. I explained now 3 times that a Z-class flight on 016 is most certainly eligible under any and all circumstances
I am not going to let this one go; it's a ton of RDMs and quite a bit of RDMs as well. Those morons at MPSC can't even interpret their own rules
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:28 pm

Follow-up - they just posted the PQM/PQS/PQD to my account for my flight, showing as 'PQM Adjustment', 'PQS Adjustment', and 'United flight PQD adjustment'. They gave me 3 less PQM than I am owed (the flight shows 1345 miles on UA's website; I got 1342), and they didn't even get the flight date right. I think I am going to take it without fighting for 3 more miles. Hard to believe it got fixed so quickly after adamantly saying they owed me nothing...

ETA: got an email saying they were making a 'one-time exception'. What BS! Their own website says I should get the miles...
Old May 3, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
As usual my LH business class flight within Europe has failed to post - I won't waste my time with UA trying to get credit but wanted others to know that if you want credit you need to watch your account every day and be prepared to provide proof - like an actual BP - when it doesn't post - if you ever want credit....

Make sure you save your BP on other carriers flights - without it even if you booked via .bomb they won't believe you took the flight - ask me how I know....
Old May 3, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Tomorrow will be 7 days after my LIH-HNL flight on HA, with a UA code-share and flight #. No sign of the miles in my account, or that of Mrs. Transportprof for that matter.

I was optimistic when I got free checked baggage, since the HA system clearly knew that I was 1K on UA. And the agent at LIH said she could see my Mileage Plus in the reservation when I asked. But still no miles posted.

Should I wait 15 days before claiming the missing miles, or should I file the claim sooner?
Old May 3, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
I had a posting issue with flights from the last 2 weeks (a ticket originally booked LAX-FRA-TLV r/t (op LH on 016 stock in Z) that I changed to LAX-SFO-TLV r/t (op UA, also in Z) when that service was announced). I had saved the receipt email that showed the PQD credits per segment - and what originally posted was different (including giving only $350 PQD for the TLV-SFO segment).

I called, and the 1K rep I talked to was combative, and said that I would get a lower total than what was on my receipt email. So, I emailed 1KVoice at 11:47am, and by 1:45pm (same day!!) got an email saying it had been posted - and it showed on my online account.

Signing off to go buy a lottery ticket...
Old May 3, 2016, 4:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
Tomorrow will be 7 days after my LIH-HNL flight on HA, with a UA code-share and flight #. No sign of the miles in my account, or that of Mrs. Transportprof for that matter.

I was optimistic when I got free checked baggage, since the HA system clearly knew that I was 1K on UA. And the agent at LIH said she could see my Mileage Plus in the reservation when I asked. But still no miles posted.

Should I wait 15 days before claiming the missing miles, or should I file the claim sooner?
As a partner flight it is 15 days -- the codeshare means nothing. If by then if HA has not notified UA of the flight completion, UA then (once you file) will request confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.