Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hardworking21
,,,, I flew on Aer Lingus Business (NYC to DUB) and Y-Class Economy (DUB to VIE) three weeks ago, but haven't received UA MP posting. Should I send a request/call MP Silver Customer Service (I'm have silver status)? Or, should I just keep waiting? My UA MP number was on the ticket. ...
After 15 days (for a flight partner) you can manually request missing flight credit
You will need the e-ticket number and I believe seat assignments. BPs never hurt to have.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:02 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by tht
Nothing posted, called back yesterday (14 days) they said to call back today to have them posted today manually, went to the missing mile link this morning and it seems to have changed? all I had to input was my ticket number and it had all the details already, only the first 4 segments showed, the 2 that had posted showed as:

"Denied. Credit for this flight segment/ticket has already been posted to a different MileagePlus account. Please review your ticket number."

And the 2 missing ones showed as:
"Pending. Ticket has already been submitted to the partner"

The first agent I speak to always seems to be in the US and can see details of everything without even asking me, once I am transferred to an overseas agent they ask for all details, ticket number, MP#, airport codes and flight numbers...

Guess I am in for another 2 week wait....
LH flights posted on Monday, so 4 days after filling in the missing miles form, 15 days after the flight.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Star Alliance Credit

This might not be a simple question but I thought I would start to see if it hopefully has a simple answer. If you need to move this post to another thread on UA or let me know if I need to post on SAA.

I flew South African Airways and upgraded from coach to business using the Step Up program on two segments-- one SAA 204 and the other SAA 187. The remaining segments all posted to my United account. However, the two upgraded segments did not.

When I requested the missing mileage credit, United wants the boarding pass, ticket number and receipt. However, it appears the Step Up program reissued the ticket in business class, so my original receipt doesn't match the new ticket number.

I keep on getting the run around from United complicated by it being a partner airline. This can't be a unique issue to me since the company doing StepUp does it for many airlines and many people do it so there has to be some solution to the issue that someone knows. Anyone know what can I do now to get my credit? It could mean the difference of me making platinum so I would be very eager to get it.

Any ideas of what to do? This has been going on for months now. Thanks in advance for any help or direction.

Last edited by Wonderboynyc; Nov 24, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wonderboynyc
... I flew South African Airways and upgraded from coach to business using the Step Up program on two segments-- one SAA 204 and the other SAA 187. The remaining segments all posted to my United account. However, the two upgraded segments did not.

When I requested the missing mileage credit, United wants the boarding pass, ticket number and receipt. However, it appears the Step Up program reissued the ticket in business class, so my original receipt doesn't match the new ticket number. ...
In *A system, when a flight does not credit, you go to the program you are crediting (UA MP) and request credit. They go to the operating airline (SAA) and request verification and approval to provide credit. To make this request, your need to provide sufficient information -- ticket number , seat assignment, ... -- so the partner can properly identify you and approve the credit.

So, this explains why UA is requesting the info. If you don't have the info, you need to go to SAA and request them to notify UA (typically this is difficult to make happen) or at least provide you with the needed information.

...I keep on getting the run around from United complicated by it being a partner airline. ...
Hopefully the above helps explain the situation. It is not UA's decision, SAA needs to notify UA of the amount to be creditted.

...This can't be a unique issue to me since the company doing StepUp does it for many airlines and many people do it so there has to be some solution to the issue that someone knows. ....
StepUp is not a common program in *A.
I am not aware if your original fare class or your new fare class is the basis for crediting. Some upgrade approaches place you into an awards fare-class which can create crediting issues, the operating airline sees you in an non-mileage earning fare class. This is a problem with LH when using UA GPUs. This problem lies with the operating airline (SAA).

So other than going to SAA and asking for the needed information (and next time make sure you keep a copy of the new BP), then not much to offer. But hopefully the above provides some background on how the process works.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Credit for TAP flight with Purchased Upgrade

I purchased a round-trip flight on TAP in economy (L fare outbound, U fare return).

On the outbound, I upgraded the L fare with a paid upgrade upon check-in. My boarding pass shows that it moved my outbound ticket to an R fare (a non-earning business fare). I thought I would earn based on the original purchased fare, but I did not earn anything for this flight.

Should I earn based on the original purchased fare or based on the upgrade purchased at check-in?

On the return, I earned as expected for the U fare.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by maizenblue07
... Should I earn based on the original purchased fare or based on the upgrade purchased at check-in?

Generally the original purchase fare (unless there is some special condition attached to the upgrade process -- but not aware of any that have this)

This is an on going issue with paid upgrades that book into non-mileage earning fare classes. The operating airline systems sees the non-mileage earning fare and does not notify UA to credit the flight. It is the responsibility of the operating airline to tell UA what mileage to post.

You will need to make a missing mileage request to UA -- will need to wait 15 days from flight date.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:47 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by hauteboy
I'm trying to credit SK to MileagePlus, so I assume it belongs here. Original Expedia/Saudia receipt says T-class. Post-upgrade receipt says Z-class.

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...spx?ItemId=317

says both T and Z are earning...
Yeah eventually posted with T-class miles. :/

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 28, 2016 at 9:33 pm Reason: merge threads
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: UA gold, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
In *A system, when a flight does not credit, you go to the program you are crediting (UA MP) and request credit. They go to the operating airline (SAA) and request verification and approval to provide credit. To make this request, your need to provide sufficient information -- ticket number , seat assignment, ... -- so the partner can properly identify you and approve the credit.

So, this explains why UA is requesting the info. If you don't have the info, you need to go to SAA and request them to notify UA (typically this is difficult to make happen) or at least provide you with the needed information.

Hopefully the above helps explain the situation. It is not UA's decision, SAA needs to notify UA of the amount to be creditted.

StepUp is not a common program in *A.
I am not aware if your original fare class or your new fare class is the basis for crediting. Some upgrade approaches place you into an awards fare-class which can create crediting issues, the operating airline sees you in an non-mileage earning fare class. This is a problem with LH when using UA GPUs. This problem lies with the operating airline (SAA).

So other than going to SAA and asking for the needed information (and next time make sure you keep a copy of the new BP), then not much to offer. But hopefully the above provides some background on how the process works.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I did provide UA the new boarding pass and my purchased ticket receipt. However, the new boarding pass indicates the class of service only (not the fare class) and the receipt that I have that shows the fare class is a different ticket number than the boarding pass because the StepUp program reissued the ticket. I have tried to contact the StepUp program but they are (not unsurprisingly) unresponsive. I will continue to try some more because it could mean my ability to make Platinum but it is a royal pain (as I am sure you are aware) for something that is a system issue and not due to anything I have done or could have done differently. However, I do think Mileage Plus should at least be aware of the issue even if it isn't a common *A program (although the company operating the upgrade program (Plusgrade) does it for over 35 airlines including LH, OS, LX, CM, TAP, and ET) so that they should understand the issue rather than giving me a boilerplate denial because of the document mismatch. I understand the complexity and I also understand the issues when getting credit on an alliance airline, but I also think that there should be a *A workaround in these situations. Dare to dream I suppose. (off soapbox rant now).

Last edited by Wonderboynyc; Dec 2, 2016 at 7:48 am Reason: added name of company
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I did provide UA the new boarding pass and my purchased ticket receipt. However, the new boarding pass indicates the class of service only (not the fare class) and the receipt that I have that shows the fare class is a different ticket number than the boarding pass because the StepUp program reissued the ticket. I have tried to contact the StepUp program but they are (not unsurprisingly) unresponsive. I will continue to try some more because it could mean my ability to make Platinum but it is a royal pain (as I am sure you are aware) for something that is a system issue and not due to anything I have done or could have done differently. However, I do think Mileage Plus should at least be aware of the issue even if it isn't a common *A program (although the company operating the upgrade program (Plusgrade) does it for over 35 airlines including LH, OS, LX, CM, TAP, and ET) so that they should understand the issue rather than giving me a boilerplate denial because of the document mismatch. I understand the complexity and I also understand the issues when getting credit on an alliance airline, but I also think that there should be a *A workaround in these situations. Dare to dream I suppose. (off soapbox rant now).
There's something similar mentioned in the GPU on Lufthansa thread, it seems "system issue form" might be the magic words that are needed:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27481675-post797.html
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:57 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
This was a new one for me. My 12/6 ORD-NRT just posted... With a 12/7 date.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:14 am

My husband flew one leg on ANA (HKG-NRT) on 11/12 - the rest of the flight was on United, and the ticket was booked on United's website. The mileage for the United legs posted within a couple of days, but the mileage for the ANA flight did not.

I called United after 15 days had passed and they said they would submit to ANA and that it could take 5-7 days for the miles to post. A week later, I called United again and was told that ANA had denied the request. I was told to submit online with a copy of his boarding pass, which, fortunately, he still had.

Yesterday he received an e-mail from United saying that this issue had been expedited, but that it could take 4 weeks for resolution. (I'd hate to see what the turnaround time is for a non-expedited process).

My question is - how long does it generally take for these issues to be resolved?

He currently has 74,991 PQM for the year (without this segment) with no other travel planned, so we really want these miles to post to guarantee Platinum next year. I just have to believe that this is going to get resolved appropriately but still have nightmares of the miles being denied on some weird technicality (which I know makes no sense because he took the flight) on January 2nd and him being classified as Gold next year.

Gretchen
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Originally Posted by GretchenJ
My husband flew one leg on ANA (HKG-NRT) on 11/12 - the rest of the flight was on United, and the ticket was booked on United's website. The mileage for the United legs posted within a couple of days, but the mileage for the ANA flight did not.

I called United after 15 days had passed and they said they would submit to ANA and that it could take 5-7 days for the miles to post. A week later, I called United again and was told that ANA had denied the request. I was told to submit online with a copy of his boarding pass, which, fortunately, he still had.

Yesterday he received an e-mail from United saying that this issue had been expedited, but that it could take 4 weeks for resolution. (I'd hate to see what the turnaround time is for a non-expedited process).

My question is - how long does it generally take for these issues to be resolved?

He currently has 74,991 PQM for the year (without this segment) with no other travel planned, so we really want these miles to post to guarantee Platinum next year. I just have to believe that this is going to get resolved appropriately but still have nightmares of the miles being denied on some weird technicality (which I know makes no sense because he took the flight) on January 2nd and him being classified as Gold next year.

Gretchen
I had a similar issue with ANA, flying NRT-PNH and back on ANA as part of a connecting itinerary to IAD (on UA out, ANA back, all on UA stock). ANA was in L class, which should earn 100% PQM if an "intra-Asia" flight, which NRT-PNH clearly is (it only earns 50% on other routings). They both credited quickly, but one got 50% PQM, the other 100%. I contacted the MP Service Center, which said that both should have only earned 50% (this is clearly not what UA's own website said). I ended up not needing the 1388 PQM to make PLT, so I didn't push the issue. This is all to say that there seem to be some discrepancies with what ANA actually posts versus what UA says it should.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:32 am

OS Mileageplus Credit suggestions

I have been waiting now 3 weeks for credit from OS flight ORD-VIE and continue to be told it was denied by OS and a UA Manager is working to get the PQM miles to credit to my account. I need these miles to achieve 1k and am wondering if anyone has suggestions on what I can do to expedite the loading of these miles to my account? It will be quite a hassle to have them post later in January and then have to go back and request credit for flights already taken at a different MP level. I know the flight qualifies and should earn the appropriate PQM.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:14 pm
Suspended

First: Happy New Year!
Second: It has been over a month since I flew MUC-RAK on LH and the miles have still not posted to my Mileage Plus account. Wrote UA about it weeks ago but nothing seems to be happening. Suggestions?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
... Second: It has been over a month since I flew MUC-RAK on LH and the miles have still not posted to my Mileage Plus account. Wrote UA about it weeks ago but nothing seems to be happening. Suggestions?
What fare class? Not all LH fare classes earn miles. Deep discount K in particular
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-even-0-a.html

Additional if you did an upgrade there are issues -- both or mileage and GPU upgrades
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...lectronic.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.