Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Anyone else seeing the Star Alliance missing mileage link routing to the EconomyPlus Subscription page?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...x#staralliance
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Had a flight on NZ 2 months ago. Noticed it never posted so on 9/11 I submitted a missing mileage request. It immediately came back with the note "Our records indicate that this flight is not valid for mileage credit or Premier qualifying credit." which of course I know is wrong. But I also see that the email said "The status of the United and United Express mileage credit requests will appear automatically below. Star Alliance partner credit requests may take up to 14 days to process, those are listed separately below." So I figured I'd let it go to the 14 day mark (tomorrow).

Still not posted, so what is my next step since the automatic system seems to just reject it immediately?

Flight was in S class on NZ stock on 7/17 which according to https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=379 is eligible for 50% RDM (no PQM)
I'd call this one in if I were you.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: ua 1k/*g, ge, hh g, spg/mr plat
Originally Posted by GuyverII
Anyone else seeing the Star Alliance missing mileage link routing to the EconomyPlus Subscription page?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...x#staralliance
Yes - I needed to request some LH miles and discovered the same. However, if you click the request mileage link for United/United Express travel you will find that they have now added the partners in the dropdown box so all air travel is requested from the same link. They just need to adjust the menu options now.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by califcoast
Yes - I needed to request some LH miles and discovered the same. However, if you click the request mileage link for United/United Express travel you will find that they have now added the partners in the dropdown box so all air travel is requested from the same link. They just need to adjust the menu options now.
awesome. thanks for the reply.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:39 pm

How long does it usually take from when you submit a form to request the miles that already haven't posted?

Last edited by c2cflyer; Oct 4, 2016 at 4:13 pm
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Just got some interesting info about mileage post related to LH flight this afternoon:

1. I bought a Y class economy (ticket 016) on a Lufthansa metal flight almost 6 weeks ago from FRA - JNB. I used a GPU to get an upgrade on that flight.
2. Two weeks have passed with no mileage accrual so I used the online page on united.com to file for missing miles.
3. Another two weeks have gone and nothing happened. I got impatient so I called 1k desk and they said they would file the report to Lufthansa on my behalf.
4. Yet another 2 weeks later, still no miles so I called 1K again. And this time, this CSR was extremely diligent and she found out that after I got upgraded with the GPU, the class changed from Y to I (which I noticed when I got the upgrade). And she pointed out if I looked at https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298 , the I Class was nowhere to be seen as an eligible class so all mileage request is automatically rejected. So someone at United has to tell LH to fix it manually. This problem has been ongoing for a while and UA said LH is supposed to fix it (I bet if I call LH, they will say UA has to fix it). The CSR told me I'll probably have to wait for another 5 biz days so I'll see what happens after.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:21 pm

LH I class

Same situation, upgrade to I class on MUC-DEN 7 October. Read your post and called into 1K today-sorry, you need to wait the initial 15 days before we can do anything. Incredible they cannot fix this.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: ua 1k/*g, ge, hh g, spg/mr plat
LH D->O class rt, first time using GPU's for non-UA flights.

Same prob...requested credit via form 15 days after return...then waited another 15 days to call. After seeing ktjan's post, made sure to point out booking vs. actual class and mentioned it would need to be called in. Was told it may be another FEW WEEKS to be resolved (wouldn't commit to sooner) - it was being sent to the special handling team to request from LH. We wondered why LH couldn't code their upgrades to show difference in paid fares vs. award space.

***update*** took about 1 week further for them to post - both pqm and pqd incorrectly. Another week to fix pqm but still post pqd incorrectly! At this point, I was over pqd and did not have time/patience to fix. However, be warned may take a couple of extra tries and 45+ days!***

If I didn't know this was an LH issue, I would say UA was discouraging the use of GPU's elsewhere. If the experience wasn't amazing, I might agree it's too much of a hassle - but it was totally worth it .

Don't count on this at year end for requal - could be as much as 2 months to see pqm/pqd. Will update full timeline when finally posts.
Can't imagine flying without the knowledge on FT Thanks all!

Last edited by califcoast; Jun 5, 2017 at 10:10 am
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GeP
Not a single of my dozen flights with Austrian (OS) in the last eight months posted in my MP account without my having to file a request. And in some case I waited more than a month.

Once requested, they posted within days, but that's simply painful. And unacceptable.
still the same problem for me
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Just flew IAD-NRT on UA H class and NRT-PNH on NH L class, all on UA stock. RDMs and PQDs posted as normal. PQMs posted at 100% for the IAD-NRT segment but only 50% for the PNH segment (1388 miles, actual distance is around 2770).

While some ANA flights do appear to earn 50% PQMs in L, mine should have earned 100 based on the "ANA-operated flights within Japan with an international connection; and ANA-operated flights that are trans-Pacific or intra-Asia (excluding flights between Japan and Australia, mainland China or India)," chart, given that this is an intra-Asia flight not to one of the excluded countriesL earns 100% here.

Am I correct? I did make Gold based on the fights, but it could have implications for me making anything higher (I'll hit PLT on spend but will be some miles short unless I do some old-fashioned mileage running).

I also missed out on 5000 PQMs earlier in the year for an LH K fare JNB-FRA even though it was booked on UA ticket stock (some research here would have caught that!). This international partner earning is becoming veyr complicated!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
EVA Air Flight Not Posting

I have done a search but couldn't find anything. I took an EVA flight from SFO to TPE on Oct 16. It's been five days and the miles haven't posted. I have taken EVA flights a number of times over the past year and all previous flights posted within 2 days after the flight. Are there any folks having similar issues? (My MP number is printed correctly on the boarding pass which also shows my *G status.)
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:12 am

I just landed 2 days ago - has not posted yet. Will keep an eye out.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Sometimes they don't post. If it hasn't posted after 15 days, make a credit request using the webform. Request Credit.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sometimes they don't post. If it hasn't posted after 15 days, make a credit request using the webform. Request Credit.
I must have taken a dozen EVA flights since May 2015, and every previous flight posted without issues. I will continue to follow up.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I had three flights >2 weeks ago with Azul. None of them got posted.

Should I start banging UA's door or Azul's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.