Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:34 pm
Suspended

It was a P fare.
And I just got an email from UA saying that just a copy of a boarding pass as proof is not good enough for LH. They want a ticket number, price, flight number, class of service, dates and cities as well.
Sounds over the top to me.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
It was a P fare.
And I just got an email from UA saying that just a copy of a boarding pass as proof is not good enough for LH. They want a ticket number, price, flight number, class of service, dates and cities as well.
Didn't you already provide that information when you filled in the "Request flight credit" form on united.com?

Request Credit.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
Didn't you already provide that information when you filled in the "Request flight credit" form on united.com?

Request Credit.
Of course I did.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
It was a P fare.
Nope that is a standard request from the partner, now much of that is usually on the BP abd part of the online request process -- actually surprised there is not a request for seat number, that is sometimes requested.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Nope that is a standard request from the partner, now much of that is usually on the BP abd part of the online request process -- actually surprised there is not a request for seat number, that is sometimes requested.
LH had my UA MP number on the boarding pass. Not sure why they make such difficulties. Is this always a problem with LH? Refusing to credit miles?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
LH had my UA MP number on the boarding pass. Not sure why they make such difficulties. Is this always a problem with LH? Refusing to credit miles?
Sometimes, usually not.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:31 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I flew LH F (on 016 ticket stock) on 12/30 and 12/31 and both flights posted 1/1. I was relieved that I didn't have to chase that down, as the ticket had the final $181 of my PQDs
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:16 am
Suspended

I think I know why LH refused the mileage credit: the ticket was on UA stock (016xxx..) but had a LH flight number. So I get miles from UA, not LH.
I believe the posters above with credit refusal issues probably have the same thing going on.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think I know why LH refused the mileage credit: the ticket was on UA stock (016xxx..) but had a LH flight number. So I get miles from UA, not LH.
The miles are awarded by the operating carrier, in this case LH. Ticket stock doesn't matter.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:44 am
Suspended

The miles are awarded by the operating carrier, in this case LH. Ticket stock doesn't matter.
Not according to UA : https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:47 am

That simply defines the calculation methodology, not which carrier awards them.

Throughout *A, miles are awarded by the operating carrier. That's why UA has told you that LH requires more information from you.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:55 am

Not according to UA : https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298
Don't believe anything there contradicts Kacee's post.

But it does say things like
The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.
which does hint at the *A policy that the operating carrier make the determination of miles to post.

In *A system, the operating carrier notifies the program carrier, of how many miles to post and the operating carrier pays the program carrier for those miles. UA posts a chart for each partner detailing the arrangement the operating carriers have agreed to provide. This is why the request for miles goes back to the operating carrier (since they are agreeing to purchase those miles).

Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:05 pm
Suspended

I flew BOS-MUC-RAK on UA+LH. The BOS-MUC flight was a UA codeshare. I got miles for the first flight, not the second.
The fare was P.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Jan 2, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by maizenblue07
I purchased a round-trip flight on TAP in economy (L fare outbound, U fare return).

On the outbound, I upgraded the L fare with a paid upgrade upon check-in. My boarding pass shows that it moved my outbound ticket to an R fare (a non-earning business fare). I thought I would earn based on the original purchased fare, but I did not earn anything for this flight.

Should I earn based on the original purchased fare or based on the upgrade purchased at check-in?

On the return, I earned as expected for the U fare.
I have now requested credit for this flight twice via phone and once via web, but been denied based on the upgrade class.

Are there any suggestions on how to receive the appropriate credit?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by maizenblue07
I have now requested credit for this flight twice via phone and once via web, but been denied based on the upgrade class.

Are there any suggestions on how to receive the appropriate credit?
You might want to ask them to use a "system issue form". (Make sure you contact MP via email with ticket details and BP.) Similar issues are described in the lufthansa GPU thread (see the bottom of the wiki):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1635985-lufthansa-gpus-go-electronic.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.