Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems since most of us are earning a lot fewer miles AND the miles earned are variable, it is harder to notice when a segment is missing.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
This has also happened to me twice this month where one segment out of a trip didn't post. After I called and had MP credit the miles, I had to call back a second time to have the PQDs posted correctly. I'm speculating that there are problems calculating PQDs that cause a system error so they don't post.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Anyone else seeing delays in mileage posting?

I had a UAX flight on Tuesday that still has not posted....
I just looked up this thread because I had exactly the same problem. My flight was on Tuesday as well.

Wondering WHAT is going on here. This is my second time in this thread in the month!

Finally - a number of people are suggesting you should wait 7 days before getting upset or requesting a credit. I would note that UA advises that the miles are supposed to post after 48 hours though.

"Mileage and Premier qualifying credit (where applicable) should be reflected in your account within 48 hours after travel is completed. If your flight credit has not posted after seven days, submit a request for credit."

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ageCredit.aspx

Last edited by DCEsquire; Jul 19, 2015 at 11:45 am
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
Just my two hockey pucks but I'm wondering if the recent uptick of folks posting about missing mileage from UA flights is a "system issue" because in addition to that, in my moderator duties, I've moved a few very recent new threads into this thread
No doubt it is a system issue. I think if we have a separate thread for this problem, more people will notice and check their accounts. It will be interesting to see if UA will fix it for everyone who had this problem automatically once they figure out what is wrong.

I am eagerly awaiting my flights on Friday to come in and see if it happened again. My last 3 one-way two-segment trips on UA all had this problem - this started for me on my trip on 6/12.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by username
No doubt it is a system issue. I think if we have a separate thread for this problem, more people will notice and check their accounts.
To make sure people really pay attention we can call it "Jeff Smisek Improves UA profitability by Failing to Post Miles and PQD!"
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Arrow

For the first time in years I had an EWR-BOS flight not credit Now I have to babysit these credits
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
To make sure people really pay attention we can call it "Jeff Smisek Improves UA profitability by Failing to Post Miles and PQD!"

My flights from Friday posted and both segments are credited. Let's see what happens to tomorrow's flights.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by username

My flights from Friday posted and both segments are credited. Let's see what happens to tomorrow's flights.
I requested the miles. My return leg got posted but the outbound leg is still missing!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by dand99
If booked via UA that should be fine. Fare class as in specific fare class (A thru Z. which determines your RDM and PQM) as opposed to the cabin (Y).

Good luck on Monday !
Spoke to MP today -turns out I had mistyped my ticket number when I did the web request, and so Turkish rejected it. They have resubmitted & I need to wait a further 15 days

Obviously my fault,but it beats me why they dont tell me when my request is rejected (which apparently it was within 48 hours of it being posted) rather than wait 15 days & then find out
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Not once did I have any notification that my request was rejected..... Just keep following up, be prepared to submit as may scans of however many documents it takes, and hope for the best...

Originally Posted by TommyB1965
Spoke to MP today -turns out I had mistyped my ticket number when I did the web request, and so Turkish rejected it. They have resubmitted & I need to wait a further 15 days

Obviously my fault,but it beats me why they dont tell me when my request is rejected (which apparently it was within 48 hours of it being posted) rather than wait 15 days & then find out
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Yet another missing miles episode for me on UA metal fights. Latest was EWR to SFO. In fact, of my last 6 RTs, all 6 have had one segment go missing for 10 business days until I submitted a request. Only thing that is in common with them is all involved an SDC, and all involved just one of 2 segments failing to post. Other segment posts in normal 2-3 days.

There MUST be a new IT issue causing this. Never happened in years for me, and now it is almost every trip.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had 3 consecutive one-way trips posting 1 out of the 2 segments in June. Did not fly UA for a while. My last 2 2-segment revenue trips on UA (last Friday and this Monday) have both posted fine.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I tried requesting my missing segment (EWR-SFO) via the web form and got an auto-reply telling me that the file would be reviewed and corrected within three business days. I waited a week and nothing happened.

Then I called into the MPSC and got the segment added to my account. Miles posted 24 hours after my call.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Knock on wood... all 5 segments from last week posted correctly without manual intervention...

But then a ticket I tried buying via .com yesterday didn't auto ticket and took two calls to res after waiting 3.5 hours to get ticketed...
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:52 pm

United refuses to credit miles?

I flew SFO->BOS->SFO->MFR->SFO between May 1 and May 10. All flights were on the same ticket number. The first three segments were credited. For the last segment (the most expensive incidentally), I cannot get the mileage credit. I filed two online credit requests in May and June, and called United: they promised to credit miles by Monday 7/25. The miles are not there! Is there a way to force United to credit the miles for the last segment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.