Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I had a related SN issue on crediting, but with credit card bonus miles.

Head's up that if you purchased tickets through Brussels Airlines with your Chase MP Visa, depending on the card terms, you should receive bonus miles for the Star Alliance partner purchase - in my case, double miles.

However, the transaction is posting as Sabena, which is not aligning with Star partners for Chase -- and therefore not receiving proper credit.

The Chase agent was kind enough to look online and find out that Sabena was Brussels predecessor and made the manual adjustment to my account, but it seemed like an automated fix was not going to be made.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
I resent May 15 - nothing since then....

Originally Posted by autobahnal
I had the exact same thing happen. SN K class flown in March 2015 (and also with *G on the boarding pass). I recently re-contacted UA about this through the website and they told me that they submitted the request to SN for a second time. The UA folks were very responsive; they emailed me within 3 hours of me submitting the online form. All of this was two weeks ago. I am planning to give it some more time and then I'll re-contact UA again.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
Crediting SN flights

I've also been unable to get UA credit for a K-class flight on SN. Only a small number of PQM were involved and they made no difference to my status level that year so I gave up after requesting the miles twice. At the time, SN was the only member of the Lufthansa group giving credit for K-class fares so I wondered if the information on the UA website that they would earn PQM was not in error.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:51 pm

Response from UA:

"....We’re always glad to hear from MileagePlus® members like you. Thanks for writing.

Your missing mileage request is not eligible for credit. The fare class purchased for your partner airline travel is not a valid fare class for MileagePlus earnings...."

Really ? Did anyone bother to take a look at the fare class and its validity ? Nope, just a cut and paste response with zero details...

Originally Posted by dand99
I resent May 15 - nothing since then....
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:39 pm

Called MP today. Getting a touch ridiculous.

They ignored my mail pointing out the fare class WAS eligible, once I called they said "well, hmmm, yes that fare class should accrue miles..." Please send scans, receipts, etc."

I pointed out I had sent these already.....

Finally I was asked for a receipt which had the fare class on it. Seriously ??? As often as not, receipts DO NOT have fare class on them, only cabin - fortunately I could pull up my confirmation via PNR on SN online and that shows fare class. Now sent and awaiting response.

I spoke to SN a couple of times and they confirmed that the flights were K class. If I can do this, why can't MP ???

Originally Posted by dand99
Response from UA:

"....We’re always glad to hear from MileagePlus® members like you. Thanks for writing.

Your missing mileage request is not eligible for credit. The fare class purchased for your partner airline travel is not a valid fare class for MileagePlus earnings...."

Really ? Did anyone bother to take a look at the fare class and its validity ? Nope, just a cut and paste response with zero details...
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
How long for PQD to post for LH flights? I've got LH flights that posted the day after I flew them but the PQD is still listed as "processing". It's been a week now. Don't need the miles so I'm not in a rush; just wondering how long it takes these days for this stuff to post.

This is a UA ticket nonetheless so they know exactly what the PQDs are for those segments. They can even tell me what they are via the email I got when I booked the ticket or the website information that shows the breakdown of PQD, PQM, etc.

-RM
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Miles Not Posting

I've never had this happen - maybe its some sort of delay - but the miles from my SFO-IAD return flight last Monday (red eye) have not yet posted. Should I wait another day or two? What's the best policy, call UA?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It's been 5+ days, so you can now request missing mileage credit...I'd either request online or call it in
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
It's been 5+ days, so you can now request missing mileage credit...I'd either request online or call it in
Thanks. Any reason for this happening? It's incredible that this can happen - I would think that it's all automated...
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I've had some missing miles recently as well. Funny thing is that both times involved one of your airports. IAD to DEN was missing, and SFO to SNA was missing another time.

Emailed once and called in another time. Both got credited back in a couple days
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Same here. LAX-SFO from Tuesday still not posted.

Guess I'll call in.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Thanks. Any reason for this happening? It's incredible that this can happen - I would think that it's all automated...
Cause they use an antiquated back-end system?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
This happens to me a 2-3 times a year with no discernible common variable. Most recently a couple of weeks ago NRT-SIN. The online mileage request form always solves the problem, usually in about 24 hour.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Flew CLE-SFO on June 9 on a one-way itin purchased the same day.
Had to call in yesterday (June 20) to have flight posted.

The one-way return on June 12 posted just fine.

FWIW, the addition of the missing flight pushed me over 100k PQMs for 2015
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Same problem with me with two flights last week (June 7th and June 12th). I called in and they posted within the next 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.