Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Kacee
Also, UA should be delighted to have you buy LH codeshares. Under the JV agreement, they get a share of the ticket revenue, without actually having to do anything at all to transport you to your destination.
I suppose that makes sense in the vast majority of scenarios. In my most recent experience it was a case where I'd purchased 100% UA metal but a midstream itinerary change led to LH getting a cut of the action.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:50 am
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
Singapore eticket number too long?

I'm in the process of retroactively claiming United miles for a couple flights on SQ.

However, the automated form on United only allows for a 13 digits eticket number. The eticket number that I have from my SQ boarding pass has 15 digits starting with '618'.

Is this a case where I have to manually send in the boarding pass to get credit?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
If it is a LH 220 ticket stock it will post very fast - if it is a codeshare 016 ticket on LH it will never post naturally......I have flown 16 segments 016 - UA/LH codeshares none posted automatically the status is not on the BP either - it will only say UAP a sure sign it will not post unless you call!
That was my experience this time. It has posted in the past, but it didn't this time. It's annoying to have to keep track of the boarding passes for 15 days.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by astroflyer
That was my experience this time. It has posted in the past, but it didn't this time. It's annoying to have to keep track of the boarding passes for 15 days.
YES IT IS! In spite of how many times I complain this issue never goes away. I flew 8 flights last month on LH from FRA and MUC all on 016 stock - NOT ONE POSTED - NOT ONE. In spite of all of the promises to fix this after 6 months I have just given up... I stopped submitting for credit after the last time I had to scan and fax the actual BP to MP - even though they could see I purchased the ticket on their site! What a joke.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
After reading this, I went to check on my last two LH/UA code shares from February. I was on 016 ticket stock on LH from FRA to DOH and again from IST to FRA. Neither credited to my account. I just called the MP service desk and they put the flights in and had to send to LH for verification. I guess I'll wait and see.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jtn
I'm in the process of retroactively claiming United miles for a couple flights on SQ.

However, the automated form on United only allows for a 13 digits eticket number. The eticket number that I have from my SQ boarding pass has 15 digits starting with '618'.

Is this a case where I have to manually send in the boarding pass to get credit?
618 is the SQ ticket stock. Like "016" for UA. So choose Singapore as your operating carrier then the 13 digits that follow 618 (it really should be 13).
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtn

618 is the SQ ticket stock. Like "016" for UA. So choose Singapore as your operating carrier then the 13 digits that follow 618 (it really should be 13).
The eTicket number is 13 digits total - always. So it would be the 618 and the
10 digits after.

Just to double check for he OP - before you try claiming, are you sure your SQ fare class is eligible for mileage accrual on MP? Just something to check since many of the lower fare classes won't accrue miles at all.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:33 pm
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by emcampbe
The eTicket number is 13 digits total - always. So it would be the 618 and the
10 digits after.

Just to double check for he OP - before you try claiming, are you sure your SQ fare class is eligible for mileage accrual on MP? Just something to check since many of the lower fare classes won't accrue miles at all.
Oh thank you for the reminder, which saved me the trouble of claiming. The cheap fare that I traveled on didn't earn any UA miles anyway.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
YES IT IS! In spite of how many times I complain this issue never goes away. I flew 8 flights last month on LH from FRA and MUC all on 016 stock - NOT ONE POSTED - NOT ONE. In spite of all of the promises to fix this after 6 months I have just given up... I stopped submitting for credit after the last time I had to scan and fax the actual BP to MP - even though they could see I purchased the ticket on their site! What a joke.
Any experience with how long it actually takes to post once you submit the credit request? I guess I'm somewhat confused as to why they need to submit it to LH when I bought it directly through UA in the first place!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:52 am

Any experience with how long it actually takes to post once you submit the credit request? I guess I'm somewhat confused as to why they need to submit it to LH when I bought it directly through UA in the first place!
When I called UA about my missing two LH/UA flights the agent looked up my itinerary and noted that I did take the LH code share flights. She said she had to submit it to LH for verification. I am guessing they want to insure I was actually on the flights. Which is absurd becasue she can see that I was on all the other UA flights. Unless of course I own a teleporter.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Cape Air

Anyone having issues with Cape Air segments posting to UA account?

Did a ACK R/T last month, and everything but the BOS-ACK-BOS segments have posted. I have called UA, and they said they would manually put them in.....nada.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
No consistency from my experiences - from a few days to months - if ever...
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by spearsba
When I called UA about my missing two LH/UA flights the agent looked up my itinerary and noted that I did take the LH code share flights. She said she had to submit it to LH for verification. I am guessing they want to insure I was actually on the flights. Which is absurd becasue she can see that I was on all the other UA flights. Unless of course I own a teleporter.
Missing miles posted today. Only two days after calling.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I don't understand for the life of me why sometimes miles take 3-4 days instead of the 48 hours promised on the site. What holds these up from being posted? This is for UA metal. I'm now going on 72 hours.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Gold
Just to add my recent experience.

My wife and I flew MAN-MUC-IAD on 23 May using P class fares booked on United.com with UA flight codes but operated by LH.

Submitted a missing miles form 9 June and got the acceptance confirmation. Then heard nothing.

After reading this thread I realise I may have completed the form incorrectly. I selected LH as the operating airline but entered the UA flight numbers as per my e-ticket itinerary.

Telephoned Mileage Plus on 28th June and was told that our requests had been rejected because they couldn't identify the flights - would have been nice if someone actually told me this

Very friendly and helpful agent re-submitted the requests with the LH flight numbers and we got the miles 72 hours later. Sadly without the 50% bonus that I was assuming but now realise that you don't get on a LH operated flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.