Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Why is that? MP has no recourse as they only receive the miles. I am curious to know what other *Alliance Members opinions are? This is the first time I have flown another *Alliance Carrier and requested that the Mileage be posted to another account (MP) other than the host carrier (AV). Thanks and Safe Travels
You are misunderstanding the situation.
MP is the designated receiving program and you have to go through it to pursue your miles in this case for credit.
Other FFP programs have no bearing or relevance to your case.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
UAPremExecflyer: Thank you for your replies. I see you are a UA 1K and 1.5MM. Have you had other Star Alliance Carriers post to you MP account? If so, how long did it take for the mileage to post? In my OP, all I was looking for was a question about time for mileage to post. UA's website said to start a claim for missing mileage after 15 days.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
UAPremExecflyer: Thank you for your replies. I see you are a UA 1K and 1.5MM. Have you had other Star Alliance Carriers post to you MP account? If so, how long did it take for the mileage to post? In my OP, all I was looking for was a question about time for mileage to post. UA's website said to start a claim for missing mileage after 15 days.
Yes I have: SQ, LX, LH, OS, TG, TK, NH, BD (before it disappeared), TP among others. All credit anywhere from 12 hours to four days after flight lands. The odd one or two take a week. If yours doesn't post after 15 days, file a claim online with UA.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Yes I have: SQ, LX, LH, OS, TG, TK, NH, BD (before it disappeared), TP among others. All credit anywhere from 12 hours to four days after flight lands. The odd one or two take a week. If yours doesn't post after 15 days, file a claim online with UA.
Thanks for the fast reply. I just checked my MP account. A flight from yesterday already posted. However flights from last week have not. So odd. Anyway, I will keep an eye on it. Thanks again and Safe Travels
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:47 pm

How in the world did UA manage to post my NH miles two after I landed in Tokyo?

wrong forum

Last edited by blueonions; Mar 13, 2014 at 8:10 am
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:55 pm

I dont know. But an Avianca flight that I took yesterday posted to my account today as well. The flights from last week, not so much (still waiting) Perhaps they updated a new system?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The data are available to UA in real time. So the real question is, "why does it take 48 hours for UA flights to post?"
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The data are available to UA in real time. So the real question is, "why does it take 48 hours for UA flights to post?"
Batching.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:20 pm

I don't know if it's true or not... but I've read that some major airlines still have outdated reservation system that date back to the 1980/90s!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
When United was United, that's how it generally worked.

Now that United is Continental, it doesn't work that way. . ..
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
48 hours?? On a good day! Try 5-6 days on average for me.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mduell
Batching.
I don't think so. My flights post reliably exactly 48 hours after scheduled arrival (except on weekends).
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
When United was United, that's how it generally worked.

Now that United is Continental, it doesn't work that way. . ..
Yep! Most of my PMUA flights credited within a couple hours after landing. Not all did but the vast majority did.

48 hrs is the new norm for me!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I find my outbound afternoon flights post about 48 hours later but the inbound red eyes post 30 hours later. So as I sit on UA416 now I predict it will post by Friday at 2 pm.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
We performed a small natural experiment and wanted to report on the results. I requested flight credit (and then PQD adjustment) separately for each of three LH flights on a recent itinerary, while OCTeckels requested them all three at once (and again for the PQD).

The PQD for my flights was adjusted without including the YQ. OCT, who requested the credit for all flights in the itinerary at once, received correct PQD adjustments.

From this experiment I'd suggest requesting the PQD adjustment for all flights marked 'ineligible' on an itinerary at one time, rather than piecemeal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.