Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Its almost 10 days for me.. I guess I will have to use the Mileage Credit form. Have you had good sucess?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Its almost 10 days for me.. I guess I will have to use the Mileage Credit form. Have you had good sucess?
With LH, LX, and SN, I haven't had any problems getting flights credited with the form.

Definitely wait until all partner flights have posted before requesting PQD.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Well tomorrow is 15 Days and no Posting from Avainca to UA. I plan to use the Star Alliance Form on UA's site (no need for Copies of BP and E Ticket) Just Ticket Number, Operating Carrier, Ticket and Seat #'s. Has this worked well for you? Or do you send in all the information with the scans? Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:09 pm

Hello, I am a United Mileage Plus Member. I recently flown several flights on Avianca and provided my Mileage Plus Number for credit. I flew an eligible Fare Class P as stated on the Mileage Plus Website. From your experience, how long does it normally take for the miles to post to Mileage Plus from Avianca. Thanks and Safe Travels

Around 10 days and nothing for the outbound flights. Funnny one ove my return flights posted the next day after flying. Go figure. Plan to file online. Have you had good sucess when filling out the online missing mileage credit form? Thanks and Safe Travels

If your fares are eligible then the UA missing miles link works fine, sometimes though you may need to call them after 10-14 days of not seeing miles post.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Well tomorrow is 15 Days and no Posting from Avainca to UA. I plan to use the Star Alliance Form on UA's site (no need for Copies of BP and E Ticket) Just Ticket Number, Operating Carrier, Ticket and Seat #'s. Has this worked well for you? Or do you send in all the information with the scans? Thanks and Safe Travels
Start with online form. In most cases this has worked. In a couple of cases (after not posting for additional days), I have had to follow up with an email to [email protected] (which now seems to have been merged into [email protected]) with e-ticket and boarding passes attached. This has worked to resolve all cases that weren't resolved by submitting through the online form.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
How long it takes for miles to be posted?

Flew on Air Canada Rouge on March 20 and miles still not posted after 10 days.
I gave my MP FF number.
Where should I call?
Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ticu
Flew on Air Canada Rouge on March 20 and miles still not posted after 10 days.
I gave my MP FF number.
Where should I call?
Thanks
You have to wait 15 calendar days to claim partner mileage. Are you sure that the classes you flew with AC are eligible to earn mileage? Some classes dont earn any mileage on UA. Check: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=313

Also rules about partner mileage: For flights on Star alliance member airlines, it may take up to 15 days for mileage and Premier qualifying credit (where applicable) to display in your account, due to variations in processing times across the wide network of member airlines. View the full list of Star Alliance member airlines - https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...ePartners.aspx

I took 4 segments on Saturday and my miles still have not yet posted. This is weird as I have always had them post by Monday.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 1, 2014 at 9:14 am Reason: merge
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
I took 4 segments on Saturday and my miles still have not yet posted. This is weird as I have always had them post by Monday.
My Friday flight hasn't posted yet either. I agree that this is odd since 48 hours seems to be the norm.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:28 am

Flew UA (United Express) Friday and Sunday, none have posted yet. First time flying UA in a few months, but normally Delta miles show up within 24 hours. Seems UA is a bit slower?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Omne38103
Flew UA (United Express) Friday and Sunday, none have posted yet. First time flying UA in a few months, but normally Delta miles show up within 24 hours. Seems UA is a bit slower?
Usually they post in 48 hours. But seems like something has gotten out of sync...maybe they are playing an April Fools Prank on us
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
My Saturday UAX and UA segments also haven't posted. I wonder what gives?

.bomb states the following, so I guess I'll wait. But I have to cross-check it with my PQM tracking spreadsheet!!!

Travel on United or United Express®

Mileage and Premier qualifying credit (where applicable) should be reflected in your account within 48 hours after travel is completed. If your flight credit has not posted after seven days, submit a request for credit.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
You have to wait 15 calendar days to claim partner mileage. Are you sure that the classes you flew with AC are eligible to earn mileage? Some classes dont earn any mileage on UA. Check: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=313
It was a Tango ticket in an Air Canada Rouge flight-- it is a very low class but it still should have earned me 25% of the miles i.e. about 500 miles per passenger (the flight was from YYZ to LAS - (non-stop) AC 1853 - March 19, 2014).
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:53 am

One more data point:

Flew on Friday (United mainline). No miles/$ posted yet.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:08 am

Update: My miles just posted. Everything looks ok.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS
Another datapoint: All-LH operated, half UA codeshares - only return posted

I flew ORD-FRA-DUS and back, outbound 3/23, return 3/29. Entirely on LH.

The outbound was booked as UA codeshare, the return on LH flight numbers. All on one PNR.

The return just posted, but the outbound has not. So indeed, it seems a UA codeshare on an LH flight will simply not post without submitting the form (which you annoyingly can't do until 15 days have passed, even though their system is clearly broken).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.