Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:52 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pontus Ahlgren
oh crap, but how do I know who's UNITED select partners ?
AFAIK UA doesn't provide an easy list of them. However, you can visit United.com's page on partner earnings, and click each individual airline to see what fare classes are eligible, what (if any) minimums there are for elites (e.g. 250/500 miles on some partners), and what bonuses if any elites earn.

Note that these are subject to change at any time, and apply at the time of flying the partner, not booking the ticket (so if LH suddenly says they will only credit what had been a 100%-earning fare when you booked it at 50% or less, you're stuck with it).

Off the top of my head, I can think of LH (Lufthansa), AC (Air Canada), NH (All Nihon), SN (Brussels), and OS (Austrian) as several who offer elite bonuses for MP members.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by aacharya
Because they made a claim regarding the dates - versus not saying anything at all.
Exactly. Advice should be given when you know what you are talking about.

OP, have you called UA on this? There could be a processing error holding this up like you not having the correct fare code so the records don't match. Or it quite possibly have been an ineligible fare basis. If that happens UA does not tell you, they simply don't credit you.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: AAexp, starwood platinum, united former 1k, delta former platinum
delay posting Asiana miles to UA?

how long does it typically take for an Asiana flight to post to a UA account?

thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
When did you fly?
What were your city pairs?
What fare class were you in?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AAexp, starwood platinum, united former 1k, delta former platinum
8 days ago. J class. jfk-icn-sin. i'm new to Asiana-->UA, but surprised you're asking. am curious, your answer depends on fare class and city pairs?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
So, I've just taken a position that has me going into Central/South America a couple of times per month. Had a trip LAX-PTY-SCL (U/Y) on 8 Aug then back (H/B) on the 18th. LAX-PTY posted 7 days later. But, everything else is in limbo (mileage credit requested for 8th but too recent for 18th flights). IRROPS on Monday sent me LAX-PTY-SJO on CM (016 ticket, P fare) and 400 miles into it would have put me over 1K for the year but I'm not expecting to see those miles (and PQM bonus) until mid-to-late Sep (and won't have status for my TATL Sunday ).

Is this experience representative of accrual issues with COPA or just a one-off? Is it any better if I book Avianca/TACA? Both can get me to where I need to go (although I've been pleased with COPA).
There is an IT issue right now between CM and UA, and the CM flights are not crediting automatically. I fly CM a lot, and I have been having to request the credit and sit on my hands. I don't yet have the credit, so I can't tell you how long it will take, but I suspect that it will be resolved before the 14 day window advised after submission of my claims, which I had to wait 15 days to submit.

CM is much better for earnings. Their FFP is M+, so no surprises like some I have had on AV. (50% earnings on a Z fare that UA sold me as business, but turned out to be deeply discounted economy, for example. )

In addition to mileage credit, CM flights are not showing up for award routing, either. Calling in to UA fixes that, but it's disappointing that this has been going on for a couple of months now. For me, it is all a big pain.

FYI... If you are interested in PQMs, buying your ticket direct from Copa will earn you a 25% bonus. That bonus does not apply to RDMs, but it makes reaching the mileage requirements of any given status level all that much easier.

While I like both AV and CM, I prefer CM. They are more consistently on time, the food is usually better (IMHO) and the service is always top tier. I also find their equipment to be cleaner and newer. Have a problem on either one, and that's where the Latin American fun begins. Neither handles irrops, misconnects, etc. well, and compensation is something only granted to the most tenacious after having earned more than they (we) get.

Finally, PTY is just by far the best hub in the region. SAL is pretty easy, but it's a dump. BOG is improving, but it's still in need of more gates. At PTY, there is shopping, edible food, a decent Copa Club (UC Clone), lots of gates, no entry/exit requirements for connections and they continue to remodel until they reach their goal of an entirely new and modern terminal. Plus they have three runways.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG plat ambassador
Does anyone know where i would find the ANA "boarding number", as it seems their mileage credit page on the UA website requires it?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Pontus Ahlgren
I have a question. On United, premier mileage bonuses, list below

"Premier bonus award miles on United, United Express, Copa Airlines and select partner airlines"

I'm United Silver, flew SAS from ARN-LON, and ARN-GVA the last 2 weeks, but never receive any bonus miles, any ideas ?
(Emphasis mine)

Generic language allows them one less page for them to update when these 'select partners' change over time.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: Mileageplus
What is average time for Copa to credit miles to UA accounts

I flew on a UA Z fare IAD to PTY in biz on CM operated flight a week ago? Ticket is on 016 stock. It's been 7 days now and miles have not posted. Is that normal? Also how long does copa take to post miles to UA because on the same ticket I flew 5 days ago on a CM fare in D class operated by CM from PTY to SCL. No miles yet on that. Do I just need to be patient?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
RE Copa:

It will take roughly 1 week after you arrive for the miles to post

If you changed your flight(s) around at all it may not post - I have had issues after moving a flight foward, but after 15 days you can request the miles, it then took 3-4 days after requesting them to post to my account
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:15 am

My flights PTY-GRU-PTY on 016 stock last month took about a week to post.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 1kprem
I flew on a UA Z fare IAD to PTY in biz on CM operated flight a week ago? Ticket is on 016 stock. It's been 7 days now and miles have not posted. Is that normal? Also how long does copa take to post miles to UA because on the same ticket I flew 5 days ago on a CM fare in D class operated by CM from PTY to SCL. No miles yet on that. Do I just need to be patient?
Yes you need to be patient because UA will not let you file a missing mileage request until 15 days after the flight.

Good luck with that Z fare, I had a huge battle to get credit when I purchased one of those, as Z is not a mileage earning fare on CM. I will never buy a CM codeshare through UA again.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I received PQM for my recent CM flights on CM stock in about one week. The 25% PQM bonus for booking on CM website took another 3 days to post.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Patience paid off. The miles posted the other day. For the UA Z fare IAD-PTY on CM metal the miles posted as CM in D class. So it takes about a week to get the miles.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
same here - 6 days for Copa to post, however still waiting for the 25% EQM bonus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.