Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA MM
I flew two segments on 2/27, same ticket. The first posted immediately. The second posted only yesterday. Both with the correct (at the time) 100% 1P bonus.

I am one of the MM's who's been downgraded with the introduction of the Plat level for MMs who fly more than I. Instead of the 100% mileage bonus I've gotten for years as a 1P, now I get 50%. Just did a booking for LHR in June and I'm a bit shocked at myself, but instead of going with a *A carrier, I went with the much more convenient (and cheaper!!) AA ticket. I've always taken the less convenient routing in the past because I love the miles, but I guess there is a limit to my love (which is something like 50% of a TATL).
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Got my EQM for MEL-LAX , LAX-SFO, SFO-JFK all for 4 march -with nice premier platinum bonus now just waiting for JFK-LAX v.v on 6 march
Checked in again for my retun trip and it seems paid upgrades have become dramatically more expensive than they were with United :-((
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
Is it taking longer to post miles?

I flew on Tuesday and Wednesday and the miles have not posted yet. It usually takes a day or two. Has anyone noticed it taking longer?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by JB123
I flew on Tuesday and Wednesday and the miles have not posted yet. It usually takes a day or two. Has anyone noticed it taking longer?
Yes, there are many threads indicating that it is taking longer right now. They turned off mileage posting for several days before/after the changeover and have not completely caught up yet. I flew on Sunday and Tuesday and Sunday has posted but Tuesday has not yet posted.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Oh yes, seems to be taking 5 days. I originally thought it was merger integration issues, but the PMCO folks around here tell us it is feature of CO's IT system.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
So this is how miles will post in the future then...? Five days after flying? I rather liked the quick posting UA did!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
There's like 5 threads on the first page alone about this....
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Emerald Club Exec Elite, Air-Kayaker (former United MP)
definitely longer

Originally Posted by JB123

on the old UA site my segs often would post 4-48 hrs. now it's about 3-5 days so far...not a big deal, but just one more piece of paper i have to keep laying around until the things post...
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WhiteOut
on the old UA site my segs often would post 4-48 hrs. now it's about 3-5 days so far...not a big deal, but just one more piece of paper i have to keep laying around until the things post...
Not a big deal..... just a regression of technology.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hobo13
Oh yes, seems to be taking 5 days. I originally thought it was merger integration issues, but the PMCO folks around here tell us it is feature of CO's IT system.
Oh, not a bug, but a feature [old IT mantra]
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BH62
Oh, not a bug, but a feature [old IT mantra]
That we will like
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Plus
I still have not been credited for a flight on 3/3 on UAL metal... the flight on 3/2 did update last week.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nothing for 3/5 either despite app indicating 3/5 was last flight date. Not comforting...
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Confirmed by MPSC: Reservations such as mine that were accidentally confirmed upgrade into ON class instead of R were posted as award rez. I'd call MPSC if you're in this situation and its been more than 5 days.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Originally Posted by demkr

Confirmed by MPSC: Reservations such as mine that were accidentally confirmed upgrade into ON class instead of R were posted as award rez. I'd call MPSC if you're in this situation and its been more than 5 days.

Interesting, I was wondering why I had no change in fare to switch out a return flight yesterday from a connecting flight to a non-stop. My outbound segment cleared before the regime change, but on Sunday, showed as ON instead of Q class.

So, it will be another 10 days - if India is correct in what they're telling me - before my outbound flight gets posted. But, apparently, the entire cost of the round-trip ticket was recoded to be for the return flight. So, when I switched from the connecting flight to non-stop, I just had the $150 change fee - and I got a $10.45 credit for the differences in the one-way fares. I probably should have had to pay at least a few hundred dollars extra in fare differences, plus the change fee, or just done stand-by.

I guess you win some, lose some with the new system. My upgrade got hosed, but I got a $600 flight for basically free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.