FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]
Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:50 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Issues with flights not automatically crediting (July, 2015)

[Obligatory: I skimmed the first couple pages and didn't see anything relevant... Point/merge me in the right direction if this already exists]

Of three trips in the past three weeks none have had all of the flight segments automatically credit but it seems totally random which flights go AWOL (last week, for example, I flew AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD and AAA-BBB and CCC-DDD both credited automatically, while BBB-CCC was missing; Thursday I flew XXX-YYY-ZZZ and YYY-ZZZ credited, but XXX-YYY was nowhere to be found).

This is the first problem I've had with flights crediting since the Great System Integration of 2012 -- and I should mention that all of the segments involved are UA-ticketed, UA-coded, UA-operated, mainline aircraft, and 100% domestic itineraries -- so no goofy codeshare/partner/express shenanigans.

Each time I've called the MPSC they've "requested credit" and the missing segment has shown up by the next morning [knock on wood for the segment I called about today] -- when I mentioned to todays rep that this has been an problem lately (and asked if it was something I was doing) she said they've had lots of issues and have been "crediting people like crazy" the past couple weeks.

(The IT part of my brain makes me wonder if this is a lingering side effect from the "router issue" a couple weeks back)

Anyway... not sure if there's anything to really discuss or if it's more of a warning to keep a close eye on your account to make sure you're picking up credit for everything you should be...