Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:55 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I had been in a good pattern of having flights post 3-4 days after I took them and then the PQM posting the day after that.

Now I have a situation where my Saturday flights posted on Monday (RDM and PQS) but the PQM are still missing. No idea why it's taking so long now. Will give it another day or so and then call to inquire. I don't need the PQM right now to make status.

-RM
Are you in the boat where your PQM actually posted, but were offset by a negative beginning balance to your OPdbaMP statement? That's been commonly reported, and has affected one of my past couple of flights (Monday's posting still shows the negative initial balance). The PQS show up fine, as do the RDM, but the PQM are offset exactly by the negative balance.

Others have reported this resolves itself within a day; I've had the issue for about 30 hours now since posting but am not giving up hope yet.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:59 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fredd
The fact that miles are posting for some but not for us isn't all that reassuring. We just realized that several legs from late January haven't posted either, along with flights earlier in March.
I find the seemingly-random bugs currently witnessed to be quite troubling from a software standpoint. For example, two flights in the same booking class, same carrier, same route, same account, and one posts correctly, and the other posts with a negative balance for its PQM.

These kinds of issues give a lot of insight into just what a mess of spaghetti logic UA's code is and what systems integration issues lie beneath the hood--as well as suggest that any given fix is likely to cause a half dozen or more unforeseen side effects.

I'm at a complete loss to come up with a logical explanation for some of the problems themselves, much less why the problems occur in Case A but not Case B when the two cases are outwardly identical.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by exerda
Are you in the boat where your PQM actually posted, but were offset by a negative beginning balance to your OPdbaMP statement? That's been commonly reported, and has affected one of my past couple of flights (Monday's posting still shows the negative initial balance). The PQS show up fine, as do the RDM, but the PQM are offset exactly by the negative balance.

Others have reported this resolves itself within a day; I've had the issue for about 30 hours now since posting but am not giving up hope yet.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
Originally Posted by scorp
seems to be getting better these days. My last weekend roundtrip miles were posted within 48 hrs after I took the flight.

And I submitted a request for my united express flight credit thru online form and got reply with in 24 hrs saying as follows:

------------------------------------------------
We’re always glad to hear from Premier members like you. Thanks
for writing.

I was able to process your retro credit request. Please allow 24 hours
for the miles to post to your account once the request is approved. If
your request is not approved or if we need additional information, we’ll
contact you. We suggest you save copies of your boarding pass and
passenger receipt until miles appear on your account summary.
--------------------------------------------------

Need to wait until it shows up in my account.
Showed up in my account.
till now everything posted
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
LH

First LH flight with new MP account number...base miles posted same day...bonus miles overnight...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Showed up in my account.
I finally had missing segments/miles post from a trip on 3/9. I called awhile back and nothing happened. 2 days ago I contacted mileage plus through their online form and now everything looks correct. I don't know if it was contacting them online or if I just waited long enough, but either way it looks like United slowly getting things straightened out....hopefully.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Beerwoman92 had a LH flight from yesterday post today
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:02 pm

I also had a LH flight post about 48 hours after I flew it, posted along with the 2 main UA legs.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Platmond, AA credit card stooge, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH,
Four segments on LH fom mid-Feb posted three days ago -- right around the time united.com was inaccessible. Still waiting for some K fares from Nov. that I was trying to credit to CO to post... I'm eventually gonna have to call MPSC.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
I'm still waiting for two LH flights (06 March and 09 March) to post. They were within Europe (FRA-FLR-FRA) and I'm pretty sure I had my new MP number (previous OP number) attached. I'm also waiting for a domestic leg on 05 March to post; I had purchased a pre-flight buyup and the receipt is showing "ZN" which is a saver award. I wonder if it's the same as the "ON" situation where credit wasn't being given until the fare class got changed to "R"....
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Pyridoxine
I also had a LH flight post about 48 hours after I flew it, posted along with the 2 main UA legs.
My LH flights from Muc - Sfo on 3/22 have already posted but for 1/2 the amount of EQ miles I am due (not counting the bonus miles which I know have dropped to 50% for premier gold).

Checked the partner chart for my status and booking code and this is incorrect!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by msk6261
My LH flights from Muc - Sfo on 3/22 have already posted but for 1/2 the amount of EQ miles I am due (not counting the bonus miles which I know have dropped to 50% for premier gold).

Checked the partner chart for my status and booking code and this is incorrect!
all of mine are crediting incorrectly as well. It's hilarious that UA can't fix this. I guess they have so many more severe issues to deal with.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Showed up in my account.
Everything? Including your Lifetime miles?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: UA
I have a UA flight on 3/9 posted on 3/23. 2 TK flights were still missing TK had issue entering the new UA FF. They said that they added it to the system, but I wan't sure. It looks like that I am going to request them anyway.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, Avis Preferred
Grrrr. It's not that they're broken, it's that they're so bizarrely broken. As has been said upthread, anyone who knows anything about computer systems should be quite baffled at what could possibly be going on in there...

Flew DEN-SEA-NRT on 3/10 and NRT-SEA-DEN on 3/17. None of the flights had shown up, and I'm accustomed to PMUA's quick turnaround time. Called on 3/20 and was told that my 3/10 flights were "already requested" and should clear in 24h, and that I had to give the 3/17 flights up to 15 days. Having read these boards, immediately called back and actually got the same answer. I know, I was surprised too.

The next day my 3/17 flights - the ones I was supposed to wait 15 days for - had somehow appeared and cleared; as far as I can tell I got the full and correct amount of BIS miles and PQM (in fact, I got an op-up on the NRT-SEA leg - ka-ching! - and seem to have received PQM miles/segments as though I'd actually bought a full-fare C ticket. Bank error in my favor!) However, the "already requested" 3/10 miles were, and still are, nowhere to be found.

Currently hearing about how COdbaUA goes "there. And there! AND THERE!" while I wait my turn to patiently explain basic airline policies to whoever finally picks up the phone...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.