Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Thumbs down Incompetence in posting *A miles

So I flew JFK-IST-RUH-IST-JFK on TK in late march early April. IST-RUH and RUH-IST (in Y/V) posted a few days later, but no sign of JFK-IST or IST-JFK (in O, which is Comfort Class on TK).

So I phone up MP and a helpful agent codes them for adding after the 14 day window. I suggest that it's more likely that the system has miscoded the flights as UA O which is an award bucket rather than TK O which earn 100% RDM/PQM, but she's adamant that somehow TK have only sent through half of my itinary.

Fast forward to today and I speak to another agent who says that they've sent the request to TK on the 18th, who now have 15 days to respond! When I suggest that it's almost certainly a United system error (as the chances of TK posting only the second segment of an outbound leg and and the first segment of the return are very slim) she maintains the party line that it's not a system error and I just have to wait.

I wonder what excuse they'll have when I call them back in a couple of weeks?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
There's already a thread on this topic in which others have expressed similar frustrations http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...light=TK+miles
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, United 1K
this is very interesting, alex_b. I flew LAX-IST-CPT-IST-LAX in early March and all segments EXCEPT for IST-CPT posted almost right away. I've requested several times by email and once by phone and this particular segment has still not been posted.

I thought that perhaps I was experiencing the same problem as you but my comfort class segment (LAX-IST) posted with no problem. The missing IST-CPT was on a plane that didn't have comfort class so I have no idea why it hasn't posted. Something sounds fishy.

I've flown TK before and have never had this problem. Mystery (and frustrating) indeed!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:59 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Curious if anyone has had a recent BD posting? (I asked in the "sweep" thread earlier, but this thread is more appropriate.)

I'm still missing one, and BD is gone from *A (though they are still allowing *A earnings and redemptions through 5/31, I believe), so I am not looking forward to fighting to get that segment posted.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by publicrelasian
this is very interesting, alex_b. I flew LAX-IST-CPT-IST-LAX in early March and all segments EXCEPT for IST-CPT posted almost right away. I've requested several times by email and once by phone and this particular segment has still not been posted.

I thought that perhaps I was experiencing the same problem as you but my comfort class segment (LAX-IST) posted with no problem. The missing IST-CPT was on a plane that didn't have comfort class so I have no idea why it hasn't posted. Something sounds fishy.
What fare code was each segment in? I suspect that it's got something to do with the codes being mapped to UA rather than TK earning rules (hence previous Comfort Class postings in A being fine, but those in O going missing).
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:20 am

50% LH?

I flew LH NRT-MUC-MXP S class. NRT-MUC posted in 24h but only 50% of the mileage, MUC-MXP nowhere to be seen.

With everybody's issues being so different one from the other, I wonder if UA will be able to clear all the issues properly.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by aleph08
I flew LH NRT-MUC-MXP S class. NRT-MUC posted in 24h but only 50% of the mileage, MUC-MXP nowhere to be seen.

With everybody's issues being so different one from the other, I wonder if UA will be able to clear all the issues properly.
Similar situation with me. My LH LIS-FRA posted correctly, but the FRA-CPT posted at 50%, when both of those tickets were the same fare class...

I e-mailed MP about it and finally got a response back saying that "all will be oaky in 7 days". That was 6 days ago, so I am not going to hold my breath that it will be fixed tomorrow.

Also, my SA flights (CPT-J-BERG and J-BERG-FRA) have not yet posted after 15+ days, despite my UA # being shown on the boarding pass.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by B747SP
The check-in agent had problem accepting my new UA number so I asked them to try CO, which was accepted and the BPs reflected CO*G.
At PEK, they knew to put my UA number in as CO, and my boarding pass also reflected CO*G, even though I was silver at the time. So I decided to try the lounge, and was successful. They did ask if UA had sent me my new gold card; I answered (truthfully) "no", then after some typing, I was in.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
AC Mileage Posting Experience

I know posting times have been an issue for everyone post 3/3 but just thought I'd check to see what folks have to say. I had a trip in late March that involved flights on both UA and CA, and in some cases the CA flights actually posted earlier, but all flights showed up within 24-48 hours.

Now this weekend I had a rountrip on AC and nothing has showed up yet. It's been over 72 hours since my departing flight and still nothing. This will give me EQMs that get me close to a threshold so it would be nice if they would stop dropping the ball, especially since UA Insider and Smisek both just indicated that posting times will be improved. What has other's experience been so far with AC miles posting though?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
Dear United, I'd like credit for these flights (on LH), please.

Okay, so I flew them in February. Yes, they were on LH. Yes, it was a PMCO ticket. Yes, it was in a fare class that earns miles. Yes, my FF number was in the reservation (the other four segments posted properly). Yes, I've mailed in copies of my boarding passes weeks ago (and heard nothing back). Yes, I've e-mailed copies of my boarding passes which got me a promise that the miles would post within a week (they didn't). Yes, I called in which got me a promise that the miles would post within two weeks (they didn't). I get that sometimes things won't post (happens to me about once a year), but seriously, I've never had to contact an airline twice to get things posted, let alone three times and still failed. I'd give up, but this is a lot of PQMs.

Sincerely,

Octopic
Frustrated 1K
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
+1 - trying to help my FIL get credit for Feb LX C flights. I actually called up M&M today to talk to them to see if there was anything they could do - basically said "it's all on UA".

Let me guess - did you use an OP#? My FIL did. Big mistake - had he used MP, wouldn't have been an issue.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
My wife has the same problem. We flew last April (!) - 3 sectors posted, one did not. We have requested it about 10 times already (mail, phone, fax, you name it). They keep telling us that the request is in the system and it should post in less than 2 weeks. Hasn't happened yet. I will keep calling until it does! We did use MP# on the reservation.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:53 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA USA UA Premier Plat , 1.24MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by octopic
Okay, so I flew them in February. Yes, they were on LH. Yes, it was a PMCO ticket. Yes, it was in a fare class that earns miles. Yes, my FF number was in the reservation (the other four segments posted properly). Yes, I've mailed in copies of my boarding passes weeks ago (and heard nothing back). Yes, I've e-mailed copies of my boarding passes which got me a promise that the miles would post within a week (they didn't). Yes, I called in which got me a promise that the miles would post within two weeks (they didn't). I get that sometimes things won't post (happens to me about once a year), but seriously, I've never had to contact an airline twice to get things posted, let alone three times and still failed. I'd give up, but this is a lot of PQMs.

Sincerely,

Octopic
Frustrated 1K
Same facts as above for flights I took on CM on February 24. Curiously my return flights on CM on February 28 did post after about three weeks. sigh...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Stay persistent. I got credit recently for a missing LH segment from January and 2 missing CO segments from February on UA ticket stock. All missing segments were nested within PNR's where all other segments posted properly.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:41 pm

Same problem here. Still waiting, still waiting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.