Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I have 2 segments on LH from 2/18 and 2/19 that were credited to my old MileagePlus number and they still have not posted.

One intra-Europe segment in C and the a TATL segment in F. I emailed UA about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard back. Not that I need the miles or EQM's right at this moment...but I sho' will later this year. @:-)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by EliteNewbie
Well - what she *actually* did was send a request to the *A partner to credit the miles to your account. The back end agreement is that the *A partner has 15 to respond by crediting your account with the miles, or an explanation of why the miles wont count. If there is no response in 15 days, MP is allowed to re-submit the request. (wait 15 days) After a 2nd non-response from the *A partner, MP agents can kick it up to MP management to call their counterparts at *A partner to make it happen. Their counterparts have 15 days to respond to the phone call...(tick-toc)
At least that is better than me having to fax or mail in boarding passes that I don't have.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stimpy
On a whim, I tried calling MP to see if I could get my February LX flights credited. Lo and behold the agent did it while I was on the phone! I had to give her my ticket number, flights and booking codes, but she did it. However she could only do the outbound since it hasn't yet been 15 days since my return LX flights. So I'll have to call back in a couple days to get those credited.

Also, she said it would take up to 15 days to show up in my account online. But still this is progress, eh?
I was inspired by your post my FIL is in the same situation with LX flights from Feb not yet posted. Got a great MP agent who said "sorry, they haven't been requested yet, not sure why". So yes, she submitted them, can take 3 weeks apparently, but maybe we'll finally get some action.

The new UA - nothing gets done unless you take matters into your own hands apparently.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
may be a dumb question

Do you earn miles on award travel?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scorp
Do you earn miles on award travel?
Nope - unless in some ultra fluky situation you have IRROPS and get re-booked into a revenue-earning bucket somehow
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:54 pm

PQM posted last night for me (two days after RDM posted) and Qualifying segment adjusted as well.

Now that they have this new rule that one has to fly 4 United/CO segments before qualifying to any Premier status, I will continue accruing with partners until I fly UA again later this year... Which is a bit of a bummer to be honest.

Originally Posted by aleph08
I flew on Mar 5 and 14 on ANA S class, RDM posted, EQM didn't.
Also, my Premier Qualifying segment shows -2 as of 03/01/2012.

I'm assuming it's just glitches, so I'll wait some more, but if those are not EQM (even though I guess they are as it's stated on United's website) I will have to seriously rethink!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Nope - unless in some ultra fluky situation you have IRROPS and get re-booked into a revenue-earning bucket somehow
atleast will it show in lifetime miles balance?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

atleast will it show in lifetime miles balance?
Nope - only paid UA/UX/Copa flights
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Five Star
My TG flight posted as soon as my UA ones did--two days after the flight (flew Saturday, posted on Monday).
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:26 pm

MileagePlus won't credit ~12,000 miles, now 3 months, 4 emails, many calls

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I took a trip in December, around 14,000 miles total on Turkish Airlines. The miles didn't automatically post, and so I emailed scans of my boarding passes and receipts to what was then OnePass about this issue. I received no response, and re-emailed a few weeks later. I then called Customer Service and after a week of the "we're too busy" message followed by a hang-up, I got a human on the phone who promised she'd credit the miles. She credited only one segment of ~2,000 miles. I am still missing 12,000 miles and have emailed MileagePlus repeatedly to no response. Whenever I call the service center, it says that the agents are too busy and can't take the call, and then it hangs up. I am getting absolutely no response from anyone, and it is incredibly frustrating to be running after this for three months. What should I do to get my miles/contact a human that can help?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I had a similar issue with a SA long-haul flight not posting to OP last year. It took 6 months of following up and arguing with them to get it properly resolved. In the end, I'm not sure if it was the lengthy PM I sent to UAInsider explaining the situation or if it really just took them 6 months to sort it out.

I suggest keep calling MileagePlus and ask for a supervisor when you get through, and perhaps sending a PM to UAInsider with all the necessary details.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
*A Partner Miles Posting

I had this same problem with OnePass last year and MP this year.

The process seems to go like this:

You ask CS to post the miles (they will put the info in the system) and if it "accepts" the other airline (in this case TK) has 15 days to verify information and post the miles to your account. After 15 days you can ask MP to repeat the process. 15 days later, you can ask for a manager. When you ask for the manager, be sure to reference the *A (TK) liaison. (apparently every airline has a liaison between them and every *A partner that can call a back-door hotline and get things done manually) - BUT you need to speak with a manager first before you can get to the liaison!!

After referencing the liaison miles will post.

I'm currently in my second 15-day waiting period - itching to call and ask for a manager . . .
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:46 am

Getting better?

seems to be getting better these days. My last weekend roundtrip miles were posted within 48 hrs after I took the flight.

And I submitted a request for my united express flight credit thru online form and got reply with in 24 hrs saying as follows:

------------------------------------------------
We’re always glad to hear from Premier members like you. Thanks
for writing.

I was able to process your retro credit request. Please allow 24 hours
for the miles to post to your account once the request is approved. If
your request is not approved or if we need additional information, we’ll
contact you. We suggest you save copies of your boarding pass and
passenger receipt until miles appear on your account summary.
--------------------------------------------------

Need to wait until it shows up in my account.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
seems to be getting better these days. My last weekend roundtrip miles were posted within 48 hrs after I took the flight...
The fact that miles are posting for some but not for us isn't all that reassuring. We just realized that several legs from late January haven't posted either, along with flights earlier in March.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I had been in a good pattern of having flights post 3-4 days after I took them and then the PQM posting the day after that.

Now I have a situation where my Saturday flights posted on Monday (RDM and PQS) but the PQM are still missing. No idea why it's taking so long now. Will give it another day or so and then call to inquire. I don't need the PQM right now to make status.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.