Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:50 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Still waiting on an Ethiopian Airlines flight I took on 2/11 to post... missed the cutoff for posting online credit by 1 day I sent in request on 2/27 yet have not seen my miles post...
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:58 pm

Something Positive: Cancelled 6 Award Tix and miles re-posted within 30 minutes

Bit the bullet and made my first call since the merger, to have 120K from 6 unused PMUA award tickets redeposited. Got through to Elite Reservations with 1 minute hold time, and SURPRISE -- 30 minutes after the call the 120K miles from the 6 tickets were back in my account. I thought these would take weeks or might even require multiple calls to get them back. Very surprised, might pleased.
in the future, I won't even mess with canceling via the web as calling in worked as it should.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by shdflyer
Bit the bullet and made my first call since the merger, to have 120K from 6 unused PMUA award tickets redeposited. Got through to Elite Reservations with 1 minute hold time, and SURPRISE -- 30 minutes after the call the 120K miles from the 6 tickets were back in my account. I thought these would take weeks or might even require multiple calls to get them back. Very surprised, might pleased.
in the future, I won't even mess with canceling via the web as calling in worked as it should.
Well, you just suck because I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks now to get my miles back for a canceled paid ticket.

Just kidding. But, I am jealous of you for getting your miles back so quickly! At least the system worked for you.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:34 pm

Miles not posted

It"s curious that EQM miles that I earned on China Air between PEK and an internal city in China, on March 20, posted immediatly in my account. Yet the miles between IAD and PEK on March 20 have yet to post. United sent an email to all of us saying miles generally post within 72 hours. It has now been 10 days. I tried calling United but hold time was too long and when I tried to request the missing miles through the website a message appeared saying "Technical Difficulties please call 1-800". I forget the rest of the number, but again, hold time was too long, so I gave up.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
US miles posting fast!

I have have 4 US flights post w/in 48hrs after flying, and all 4 got the 500PQM min That was a nice treat.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
still no joy

Still no posting from flights I took early March SFO-FRA-BLR and return. They said they keep records online for 6 months, so call back in about 3 more months. No, I am not making this up. Call back in 3 months. And this is from GS.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Madone59
I have have 4 US flights post w/in 48hrs after flying, and all 4 got the 500PQM min That was a nice treat.
Just wait until they figure out how to remove that minimum and re-sweep all prior postings to eliminate them.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:28 pm

CA flights on 3/17 and 3/25 are not posted. The check-in agent had problem accepting my new UA number so I asked them to try CO, which was accepted and the BPs reflected CO*G. I will wait for a bit more holding on to the BPs.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Madone59
Same here for 2 flights on NH, both within Japan. They were on a separate itin from the intl flights so shouldn't have been recognized as intl connections, but the Y-fare segment posted as 150% PQM/PQS (should be 100% according to the table).
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
TAM mileage credit delay?

Anyone notice a delay in TAM flights crediting post merger? I flew them 10 days ago and have MP# on BP but haven't gotten credit yet. Fare basis was Z on outbound and D on return, so should be eligible. thx
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
United flights don't even post within 10 days a lot of times!

Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: UA GOLD, DL, AA, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by EliteNewbie
You ask CS to post the miles (they will put the info in the system) and if it "accepts" the other airline (in this case TK) has 15 days to verify information and post the miles to your account. After 15 days you can ask MP to repeat the process. 15 days later, you can ask for a manager. When you ask for the manager, be sure to reference the *A (TK) liaison. (apparently every airline has a liaison between them and every *A partner that can call a back-door hotline and get things done manually) - BUT you need to speak with a manager first before you can get to the liaison!!
Great info! I'm starting my own battle with TK and MP to get my March (ORD-IST/IST-ORD) flights credited.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
Originally Posted by EliteNewbie
After referencing the liaison miles will post.

I'm currently in my second 15-day waiting period - itching to call and ask for a manager . . .
It's almost like the PMCO policy for miles which is now the New United's policy is designed to short change you for miles by making it so hard to actually get miles credited to your account that you give up asking for them.

This is a significant issue and it seems there would be an easy IT fix for it rather than wasting so much labor on having items researched, validated and credited.

Why is it PMUA's system worked nearly all the time? And, if you were on UA/UA Express metal and you were missing miles, there was an online form that actually allowed you to fix the problem yourself 99% of the time?

In so many ways this merger is archaic.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I am waiting 7 months and counting for a credit on an LX flight. Just got an Email that miles will credit in 7 days after they previously rejected it since the booking class would not earn any miles (T-class). I faxed them a copy of the old PMUA and current rules which all show T-class as 100% and a copy of the receipt showing the T booking class. If the miles don't credit in the coming days I'll write to the DOT. This nonsense has to stop. I don't care if they are having issues and need to make up excuses for not dealing with partner retro credits.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA .75K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
yep - me too

I'm having the same trouble with some TK flights.. I flew in Feb 2012 and was supposed to credit to UA. Now I'm in CO customer service (using that term lightly) queue for the miles. I'm assuming after another 3 emails, I'll get what they should have given me. It's not just partner flights they can't track. this same thing happened to me last year on a CO flight with my CO account number! Truly disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.